Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

DC Adventures (Closed, OoC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

DC Adventures (Closed, OoC)

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 pm

So, I've been watching a lot Justice League and JLU in recent days. Both great shows by the way. Anyway, I've owned the first volume of Heroes & Villains since it came out. I somehow missed when the second one came out and plan o purchase it, especially if this game takes off.

Basic premise, new , original heroes or also, reformed original villains starting their careers. I would like them to start in separate stories but their stories begin to intertwine as plot unfolds. This eventually leading to the epic showdown. Either that, we skip that part with some a well tailored story dictating what happened and how the heroes meet, becoming a group. This leading to their recruitment into the Justice League and adventures that ensue. Because, if you notice, certain heroes in the Justice League just seem to run together on missions. The Founding Seven, Booster Gold & Blue Beetle, Black Canary & Green Arrow, etc. Those this all based I want I've seen in the show and mild comic book knowledge.

I like humble beginnings and the rise to power. Ideal, it would start at PL 8 and rise to that upper echelon of power where you go against Big Blue and the like. Now, I know the initially low PL can be hard to fit for some concepts, especially with the more then wide berth of origins possible in DC. Considering that a lot the builds presented in the books don't have proper point totals for their PL, I might be convinced to go with 20pp/PL make sure they can measure up in the long run. Though, I think you may outshine even some the big hitters in the end. But how awesome would that be? :D

Enemies would be a mix of custom and well known, hence the mentioning of H&V. I like the fact that just about everyone, if not everyone, is stated out. This being one the main reasons behind the game. I would really like to capture that feeling you get when you watch the show, animated movies, and when you read your favorite issue.

Just seeing who's interested, has some advice, questions, comments, willing to help and the like.

Oh and this will take place in the DCAU. It's the one I know best and I think H&V covers most of it too.

Applications
Last edited by zeone3000 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: DC Adventures (Interest)

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Interest. I loved batman from the Justice League as a kid, and would love to play in a JLU type game!
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:33 pm

YES!

I. Want. To. Play. A. KRYPTONIAN!

I can make one at level 8 :).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I have always been a big DC fan since I was a kid. Would we be playing original heroes or versions of already established heroes (like Batman, Hawkman, etc.)?
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Originals. How'd I manage to leave that out? Better put that in the first post.
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby ZamuelNow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Seems interesting, anything in specific you're looking for or on the flip side anything you specifically do not want? While I won't quite complain about extra PP, I think that some creativity can make some really solid PL8 heroes within the standard 15PP limit.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Not of the top of my head. DC allows for anything really and most people know what powers to look out for. It's even noted in the book next to the powers.

I agree with you on points, just food for thought.
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Yeah, but the standard PL 8 characters that suit the DCU are heroes like Robin, Superboy, Miss Martian (who is really pushing it what with her wide array of powers), Aqualad...The sidekicks
so, unless the game is about sidekicks, like Young Justice, then standard PL 8 isn't really going to cut it for full time League-ers...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby ZamuelNow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

...will it?

I ask since it really depends on how the campaign and NPCs are built. If the versions of the Justice League in the book aren't the ones being used, there's any number of possibilities. It also depends on how fast PP are gained since it's supposed to be building up to a higher level.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:10 pm

You don't start as full time League-ers. By that time, you'll be PL 10.
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

So are we on the Young Justice gig as sidekicks?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm

No, you're not sidekicks. Just new heroes. I mean you can be a sidekick to someone if you want.
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Awesome, I would love to play.
As for concept, I propose:
"Gentleman" AKA Gino Milo

A reformed mafia leader from Gotham. Grim, calculatory, former rival of Two Face, Tony Zucco and Roman Sionis AKA Black Mask, Gino Milo is an expert in many areas of expertise, knowledge and also the low skills needed for any Mafia leader. While Batman was always a thorn in his boot, Gino's mafia deals were never as dark or evil as his competitors. Generally, his deals were smuggling stolen goods, drugs never being part of the Family's portfolio for personal ethical laws. Hence, Batman took it easy on Gino, and more than once they worked together to dismantle secret operations of Gino's rivals. Gino had several sources of intel, and a secret that allowed him to work with Batman and still run his mob. Using the Dark Knight was profitable but dangerous, however, and eventually, Gino's mob was raided by the police, and he was arrested.
Almost impossible to charge him for anything else than stealing, Gino was happy to just spend some time in prison, while he managed his business from inside. But with Gino locked up, his rivals soon took his white glove criminal empire and turn it into a drug smuggling corrupted branch of their own respective mafias.
With nothing but himself and his resources, Gino declared war on Gotham's mobs, as the masked "Gentleman"
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Oooooooo. I like this already. Will think of something. Maybe some Norse Myth since DC has none that I know of. If there is, can someone let me know so I can research? Much appreciated.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm

*Applauds Evolución*

That's a perfect concept sir. You may continue. Wait, as long as wasn't smuggling any guns and didn't shoot to kill, Batman would help you. Otherwise, I don't see that happening with his abhorrence of guns.

As for Norse gods, there are but they aren't as prevalent as they are in Marvel.
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Next

Return to M&M Game Room