Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Arkham City Wars (DEAD)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Arkham City Wars (DEAD)

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I have just played through the main story of "Batman: Arkham City" when a thought came to me:

"What if Joker, Penguin, and Two-Face got their war, the events of 'Arkham City' never occurred, and Bruce Wayne never got involved?"

PREMISE: You are new super-villains who have entered Arkham City for your own reasons and need to decide on who to work for: the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, the Riddler, or yourselves. Each leader will have some troubles with some other villains and decide to send you depending on who you join up with.

All of the other inmates and super-villains of Arkham City are there to interact with including Killer Croc and Scarecrow from "Arkham Asylum" to add a little more flavor. Titan is also available, but only in dire situations.

I will make this into a 3e game with PL8, so your still super villains, but not equals with your leaders.

Any interests?

AND, some possible spoilers if you have not played Arkham City.

EDIT: Also, as I must mention and detail better, by the 'events of Arkham City', I mean that Protocol 10 never existed, but Hugo is in charge by the help of a "Powerful Ally."
Last edited by XeroKhan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Arkham City Wars (interest)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

I'd be interested in this. I'm not normally down for playing villains, but I love the Bat-verse, so I'm into this.

Any limitations on powers?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:17 pm

As long as it sounds like a good Arkham patient, It'll be good.

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 pm

XeroKhan wrote:As long as it sounds like a good Arkham patient, It'll be good.

Like, Super-Patient, or the mooks you kick the hell out of in that game?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Super-patient

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Assuming interest builds, how's this for a concept?

Gabrial Yu-Law

<From the Files of Professor Strange>
July 20, 2012
Subject claims to be from another dimension of what he calls "the multiverse". Such a concept is not foreign to me, as more than one hero claims similar origins. Still, his mental instability and obsession over a wrist-watch calculator, which we have confiscated, leads me to suspect a more...mundane prognosis. Subject will be treated with shock therapy and medication until a cure for his particular type of imbalance can be found.

July 21, 2012
Due to excessive violence, the subject has been quarantined under heavy guard...for the protection of the other inmates. We have yet to discover an explanation for the subject's enhanced abilities. Chemical analysis came back negative.

August 1, 2012
Seven guards were injured yesterday and the subject is now loose in Arkham City. I have informed the patrols to follow the trail of broken bodies, which there is no shortage of here.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Now that is what I am talking of. Just let me see the stats for Gabrial and I'll give you a more accurate opinion. I believe, if I start recruitment with enough interest, I will have at least 3 players.

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Builds take a long time for me. I'm going to wait to see if this gets more interest and goes to recruitment before going into that.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

I'd definitely like to see you get one of your games off the ground. I'd also like to see you earn some positive reputation as a GM who can conceptualize a game, develop a plot, and maintain momentum.

Previously, I haven't been interested in getting involved in your campaigns because they were 2e, didn't have a premise that I liked, or both. This is a 3e game, and I think this sounds like an interesting premise.

I think one of the questions I have, is are you likely to move forward with your Eldr Gaisa game? Until you have proven yourself as a GM here, you probably only want to have one game on your plate. It looked to me like that game was sort of floundering. If you are going to run it, I'd advise you to leave this concept for now and return to it at a later date.

The character that I'm leaning towards pitching is one of my DC Universe Online characters, the psychotic "Toe Cutter." An established villain would probably recruit her as someone to keep henchmen in line, as much as a lieutenant. A toe cutter is actually a specific type of criminal that tracks down other criminals that have robbed banks (for example) and then tortures them to get their loot.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks for the advice. I made this as a sort of failsafe just in case Eldr Geisa does fail in recruitment.

As for the character, it sounds logical. Just be careful of Killer Croc or Solomon Grundy. :P

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Thanks for the advice. I made this as a sort of failsafe just in case Eldr Geisa does fail in recruitment.

As for the character, it sounds logical. Just be careful of Killer Croc or Solomon Grundy. :P

So, if this is a fail safe, does that mean if your other game takes off you won't be moving forward with this?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm

If feel confident to run two games and Eldr Geisa launches, I'll bring this back alive. So, for now, this thread is as dead as Solomon Grundy.

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, I guess since there wasn't much interest then it's fine. I'm glad I didn't spend time on the build you asked for though.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Sad to hear it. I thought that this was the stronger idea of the two.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

I'll keep my eye on Eldr Gaisa, and see if it goes anywhere. The fact that it sat a full 10 days without a post doesn't inspire me with confidence. If it disappears, I'll be revisiting this thread.

Having said that... If you're going to commit to that game, and put in the effort to maintaining that, this will also go a long way to helping you build a reputation as a GM.

Don't overlook playing in games, either. It takes less time and effort to play in a game, while still demonstrating reliability and developing your rules knowledge.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Next

Return to M&M Game Room