Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e Old School Fantasy (Recruiting 2, ends on 10/29)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3e Old School Fantasy (Recruiting 5, ends on 10/29)

Postby EPIC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 am

I'll have my build up either tonight or tomorrow. I needed to make a few adjustments due to the change in skill point cost, which freed up a few points, and it's been a busy week.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 pm

No response to my photos, but it was already stated that a dragon mount would be okay, so I guess I'll go with that. Please, let me know what you think of this.

The nation of Dracomere atop the Blackpeak Mountains, far removed from most other civilized races, are known, and often feared, for their ability to tame dragons. Many civilizations who know of their exploits as fact and not rumor, as most think of the Dracomere, believe they worship death and destruction. However, nothing could be farther from the truth.

The Blackpeak Mountains have long been a haven for dragons and their kind. When the Dracomere were forced into moving there after a war with another race, they struggled to survive under the devastation of the mythical creatures. Only through the taming of smaller dragon-kin did the Dracomere find themselves on even ground.

It took several decades, but the Blackpeak Mountains are nearly bereft of any dragons, and those that do live actively avoid Dracomere flights, although they are known to attack a lone rider between settlements.

WIth the threat of dragons a thing of the past, the Dracomere have constructed large settlements in the Blackpeaks. Recently, a war has broken out between different alliances of settlements, and the current generation grew up watching sky battles waged with spears and fire.

Layna Oralos came up under the banner of Drake Alucard, a most accomplished dragon rider and battle commander. Her natural talents in battle and affinity with dragons earned his respect. He took Layna under his wing and trained her to become one of the most dangerous and decorated dragon riders in history.

After a daring invasion by an enemy force that burned half the settlement and supplies, Drake Alucard launched a counter assault with equally devastating results. With both sides crippled for what looks to be years, a stalemate has been reached. But Alucard knows that battle will erupt again, and more violent than ever. They needed to be ready. Rather than fight in the same old ways, he has sent Layna Oralos off to other lands in search of those who may help, or technologies that will give them the upper hand in the coming battle.

Layna Oralos fights with a dragon spear and bow atop a fearsome dragon-kin.

The Dracomere bow. Designed to pierce the hide of a dragon, this damaging bow has been used to attack another dragon rider's mount from range.

Layna Oralos
Race: Human
Power Level: 5 (75 points)

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Powers
Draconic Affinity: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Animal Affinity, Skill Mastery: Athletics), Limited to interacting with or riding dragons • 1 point

Advantages
Agile Feint, Attractive, Equipment 3, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Sidekick 14, Takedown, Teamwork

Equipment
Dracomere Bow: Strength-based Ranged Damage 3, Improved Critical, Penetrating 1 • 10 points
AE: Dragon Spear: Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Critical, Penetrating 2 • 1 point
Rider Armor: Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold and Heat); Protection 2 • 4 points

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 6 (+8), Intimidate 4 (+4), Expertise: Draconic Creatures 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+6/+8), Ranged Combat: Dracomere Bow 5 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +8
Dracomere Bow +5, Ranged, Damage 5 (19-20 Crit)
Dragon Spear +4, Close, Damage 6 (19-20 Crit)
Unarmed +4, Close, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 4, Fortitude 3, Will 3

Abilities
Abilities 26 + Powers 1 + Advantages 24 + Skills 16 + Defenses 7 = 75

Astor
Race: Dragon-kin
Power Level: 5 (70 points)

Abilities
Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence -1

Powers
Fiery Breath: Line Area Damage 5 • 10 points
AE: Dragon Roar: Cone Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Will; Impaired and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless) • 1 point
Giant Reptile: Growth 4 (15 feet; +4 Strength, +4 Stamina, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, +4 Mass - 3,200 lbs), Innate, Permanent • 9 points
Winged-Flight: Flight 6 (120 MPH), Wings • 6 points

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Evasion, Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Airborne), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle, Set-Up, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+4), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 4 (+5), Stealth -4

Offense
Initiative +4
Dragon Roar, Cone Area, Affliction 5 (Resisted by Will)
Fiery Breath, Line-Area, Damage 5
Unarmed +4, Close, Damage 6

Defenses
Dodge 4, Parry 4
Toughness 6, Fortitude 6, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 12 + Powers 26 + Advantages 15 + Skills 6 + Defenses 11 = 70 points
Last edited by Ryan M. Danks on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 pm

I love that first dragon pic. I like dragon breath depicted in line attacks like that moreso than whem they just seem to be puking it out all over the place. It's just a visual preference I suppose, but that straight line just seems a lot more powerful to me.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:47 pm

If anyone can find a better steam punk gnomish engineer I would love them!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:07 pm

EPIC wrote:I love that first dragon pic. I like dragon breath depicted in line attacks like that moreso than whem they just seem to be puking it out all over the place. It's just a visual preference I suppose, but that straight line just seems a lot more powerful to me.

I agree. The cone area is a bit overdone and at 30 feet on the end, not very realistic.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ysariel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Arkrite has some great ideas there... but I am also interested in seeing how one builds a dragon minion on 75 points. :mrgreen:
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Ysariel wrote:Arkrite has some great ideas there... but I am also interested in seeing how one builds a dragon minion on 75 points. :mrgreen:

I agree. If I can't get it to work, I'll try my hand with a blood mage. I was actually going to go that way first but I couldn't find any good spells for a "good" necromancer.

Kind of the reason I wanted some input on the concepts I posted. But oh we'll.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Finished the build for my Dragon Rider.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 am

Screw the gnome, check this out!

Mr. Bearington
Description:
Age: 8 (Average Lifespan of a bear in the wild, 35 years)
Height: 6'3”
Weight: 325 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
PL 5: 75 PP
Abilities: 22 PP
STR 04
STA 04
DEX 00
AGI 00
FGT 02
INT 01
AWE 00
PRE 00

Combat:
Initiative: +0
Melee Attack: +5 Unarmed (DC 20, Crit 19-20)
Range Attack: +0

Defences: 8 PP
Dodge +2
Parry +2
Toughness +8
Fortitude +5
Will +5

Skills: 20 PP(60 Ranks)
Athletics (STR) 5+5=10
Deception (PRE) +15
Intimidate(PRE) +10
Insight (AWE) +8
Investigation (INT) 1+5=6
Perception (AWE) +8
Slight of Hand (DEX) +8

Advantages: 8 PP
Benefit Wealth
Close Attack 3
Language: Native Language is Bear, Understands, but cannot speak Common
Minion 1
Skill Mastery: Deception
Takedown

Powers: 17 PP
Thick Hide: Protection 4 (4 PP)
Claws: Str-based Strike 1: Improved Critical 1 (2 PP)
Bear Nose: Accurate, Acute, Danger, Extended, Tracking Scent (7 PP)

Survival of the Fittest: Regeneration 1 (1 PP)

Flimsy Plastic Human Mask: Device, Hard to Remove, Morph 1: Human (4 PP)

Complications:
Secret Identity: Mr. Bearington is actually... a bear. He must be ever vigilant to keep his identity secret.

Relationship: Sterling Archer the Butler is the only one to know Mr. Bearington's secret, he is a very close, very important friend, and Mr. Bearington will do anything to protect him.

Honey: Despite how intelligent he is, Mr. Bearington loves honey, and will do most anything for it. Even abandoning important jobs. If honey is near by, a Will Check of 15 is required to see if he continues with his job or goes after the honey. Bribes using honey receive a +5 bonus against his Will Power or Insight rolls.

History:
Mr. Bearington is not just smarter than the average bear, he is smarter than the average human. From the moment he had matured, he knew he was different than regular bears. He was fascinated by humanoids, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Elves, Humans, they all were interesting. One year on all Hallow's eve, a human festival celebrating the dead, or something like that, he spotted a Gnoll dressed as a human. The bear thought it was a wonderful thing, and got closer to see.

The Gnoll took one look at the bear and ran screaming for the hills, terrified, leaving behind his bag of candy, a trail of urine, and part of his human costume; the mask.

With the mask in Hand, the bear placed it on, but it wasn't quite right yet. He needed clothes! So he carefully investigated several human homes, checking their clothing line for clothes suitable for him. When he had found the right clothes, he quickly stole them to create the perfect costume.

The bear placed the mask and the clothes on and tried his luck... to his amazement, it worked! He found walking on two legs very comfortable, and since he was so tall, and so beefy looking, many humans got out of his way and treated him with respect out of fear.

Over the next several years, the bear, who had taken the name "Mr. Bearington" had grown quite skilled at hiding among humans, he even got several jobs and earned quite the salary. With the money he obtained "Sterling Archer" the butler. The only human to know his secret, Mr. Bearington purchased a special amulet for Sterling Archer, so he can speak bear.

Sterling Archer the Butler
Height: 5'11”
Weight: 175 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
PL 5: 5 PP
Abilities: 0 PP
STR 00
STA 00
DEX 00
AGI 00
FGT 00
INT 00
AWE 00
PRE 00

Combat:
Initiative: +0
Melee Attack: +5 Unarmed (DC 20, Crit 19-20)
Range Attack: +0

Defences: 0 PP
Dodge +0
Parry +0
Toughness +4
Fortitude +0
Will +0

Skills: 10 PP(30 Ranks)
Deception (PRE) +5
Expertise (INT) [Cooking] +4
Insight (AWE) +4
Investigation (INT) +4
Perception (AWE) +4
Persuasion (PRE) +4
Treatment (INT) +5

Advantages: 2 PP
Equipment 2

Equipment: 2 PP
Chain mail under suit: +4 Toughness
Knife
Binoculars
Torch, Flint and Tinder
Medical Kit
Cooking Kit (Provides a +5 to cooking)
1 Point unspent

Powers: 3 PP
Magic Amulet: Lets him Speak Bear (1 PP)
Ring of Invisibility: Concealment 4: All Visual, Blending, Passive (2 PP) "Perfect for hiding during battle"
Last edited by Hound on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:29 am

I had updated my roster thread, Hound, should I change your entry to Lord Bearington?
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 am

You can't go wrong with a bear with a hat!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Arkrite » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 am

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a joke ;~)
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 am

Arkrite wrote:I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a joke ;~)

Nuh-uh, I am super serial
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 am

So this is it, good luck everyone =P
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:31 am

Evolución wrote:So this is it, good luck everyone =P

I do not need luck, I have Mr. Bearington!
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room