Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Tutek grabs a Kobold with ease as the rest retreat. The lone Kobold squirms but was unable to break the hold. The embrace was so tight the warrior was forced to drop his weapons. "Let go! Let go!" It scream in a high pitch yipping voice.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 94s, 80c
Cleric: Strength Domain, Stance: Martial Spirit

Silver takes after the kobolds, trying to tackle one to the ground for questioning. "Get back here you! We've got questions you're going to answer!"

Grapple (1d20+7=24)
DC17 to resist grapple
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Silver lunged after another Kobold, and talked the small creature to the ground. As the young woman struggled to her feet, clutching the little reptile, she realized she was now a fair bit dirty. But she expected her polish job would not last. Still, it had been nice while it lasted.

Silver returned to the main group with the Kobold in arms. The first Kobold being held by Tutek screeched at the second, "Don't tell meat anythin'. What you do, don't mention Boss Tiric!"

The second Kobold scoffed at the first, "Me no dumb! Me never tell about secret base!"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

Charis stopped her Chord of Agony, but didn't sheath her blade. She checked on Galadriel, making sure she was okay, then walked over to Tutek, who was holding a kobold captive.

"Don't tell meat anythin'. What you do, don't mention Boss Tiric!"

The second Kobold scoffed at the first, "Me no dumb! Me never tell about secret base!"

"Oh, you'll talk," Charis said. She stepped back and spun her sword in long, slow strokes. The sounds the blade made as it passed through the air were long whooshes that Charis imbued with magic and formed into a very Melancholic Tune that she focused into the ears of the kobolds.

"Go ahead," she said to Tutek and Silver. "Ask your questions."

Melancholic Tune: Using long, waving movements, your blade sings a song of despair. Burst Area Affliction 7 (Resisted by Will; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled), Selective, Progressive, Limited (Requires a sword), Sense-Dependent (Auditory)
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 am

Silver

Silver nods to Cheris, assuming the drow woman did something that would loosen the kobolds' tongues. She could have done something to reinforce that with her cleric powers, but she could not at the same time keep hold of the second captive. She turns her attention on the kobold captives, giving hers a slight shake.

"I think you should start by telling us about this boss Tiric, your secret base, and just how long you've been working this route. We're looking for a particular cargo that was being shipped through here and went missing. Answer our questions and you'll find yourself in better condition than your..'former friends' over there." She motions with her head to the two puddles of gore that used to be kobolds before Tutek got his hands on them.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:23 am

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; Money: 99g, 95s

Liguria pulled the spear from the ground and whirled it around his head and spun it in time to trip a retreating Kabold.
Trip Attack; Athletics (1d20+9=12, 1d20+7=20)
*I forgot the -2 on the check and still haven't used that +4 on a roll, if applicable I'd like to apply it here to the 12(10) to make it a 14.
Otherwise it's a botched job which is fine because we already have two.

I know I had to look it up, so I'm putting it here for easy reference:
TRIP: You try to trip or throw your opponent to the ground. Make a close attack check against your opponent’s Parry with a –2 circumstance penalty on the check. If the attack succeeds, make an opposed check of your Acrobatics or Athletics against your opponent’s Acrobatics or Athletics. Use whichever has the better bonus in each case.
If you win, the defender is prone in an area adjacent to you of your choice. If you lose, the defender immediately gets another opposed check to try and trip you. If it fails, the trip attempt ends.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:28 am

Tutek
HP: 1, Money 99,94

Tutek shakes the kobold. "You will tell us everything you know, or you'll be meat." the ogre grins showing his fangs. "Been a while since Tutek tried Kobold meat." he slurped.
Intimidate just in case:[url]=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3758302/] 19, 22[/url]
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 am

Liguria fails his trip attempt but the Kobold is too focused on running to try and trip him back.

Meanwhile the large ogre puts the squeeze on his captive. "Me no meat! Me bone! Skinny! Taste bad!" The other Kobold laughed at his companions discomfort.

Perception check 10 to notice mud on their boots. Perception 15 will notice algee which suggests they were by a river.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

Liguria Orta

The sea captain's swipe was in vane but he wouldn't let it ruin his day. They had two and three was a crowd. Instead he watched the interrogation process with an acute eye. Baring his razor sharp teeth he added his knowledge to the Ogre's sentiments, "Tell us about Boss Tiric and about the river too."

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

Tutek

"So then start talking!" he shakes the poor thing for good measure.
"Tutek's friends asked questions. For each you don't answer, Tutek's gonna rip one limb off. So you got five questions, six if you count little tail.
1) Who is your boss Tiric?
2) Where is your secret base by the river?
3) Have you assaulted caravans of goblins in the last weeks?
4) Where do you keep the loot and the horses?
5) How many kobolds form your gang?"
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 am

Silver

Silver rolls her eyes as Liguria tries to intimidate the already frightened kobilds, followed by Tutek's ham-handed deliverance of questions. "Tutek, we don't even know if these are the bandits responsible for the caravan's dissappearance. You can't expect to ask a question on penalty of dismemberment when you don't even know if they have an answer for it."

She looks to the kobolds. "But as you can tell from my overzealous associates, they mean business. Start with if you've come across a caravan of goblins in the past several days, and a search party that followed a few days after."

Taking 10 on the perception for 20, so she notices both things, though the mud aught to be pretty obvious given she got all muddy tackling her captive.

But as noted, just because they were by a river doesn't mean their base is there. They could have been fishing for all we know. THough it does give us somewhere to search, we also still have captives to question so we're not wasting out time on a potential red herring.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm

"River?!" The first kobold screeched. "How they know base in secret cave by river?!"

"MIND TAKERS!" Screeched the other Kobold.

"NO NO OUT OF HEAD! Me not tell you about boss! Me not tell you boss biggest and strongest kobold who master magic fire!"

"You evil things will never tell you how we were tired of digging for shines, and Tiric came up with idea to steal shinies."

"Yes steal shinies easier! Tiric so smart! Smartest kobold!"

"He so smart we steal 6 caravans full of shinies! And they dumb! they never know to follow river down!"

"SHINES! Wonderful shinies!"

"Our gang big!"

"SO BIG!"

"Biggest gang! You fear us!"

"More than 10!"

"Yes more than 10! And 10 is biggest number we know!"

The both nodded and laughed.

There I hope I now answered all questions.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Squee
HP 2 LP 2 99 Gold 84 Silver

As the kobolds retreat, Squee breathes a sigh of relief and climbs back down to help his fellow companions. Noticing they all have a kobold he wonders momentarily if he should've grabbed one but instead focuses on the questions being asked. Wow these creatures are stupid, he thought.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Tutek

"So Kobold magi scared a bunch of kobolds into stealing for him. Too bad you step on toes of powerful people. Tell us how to get to cave now." the ogre says, still holding the creature. He wonders what he would do with it afterwards.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Liguria Orta

Liguria watched the last of the Kabolds steal over the ridge and to the other side. He paced through the dead and collected any gold or silver pieces from them and anything that might be worth more than coppers. He didn't vest much more time than cutting purses and checking for rings and necklaces though.

Once he was done looking over the dead, he tended to the living, making for the top of the ridge. "I'm sure there will be tracks enough to get us where we're going. We will just need to take our time and come up with a plan. The smarter one," Liguria used the term loosely. "This Tiric fellow, he may expect us to come looking for them. We need to stay a step ahead to avoid unnecessary risk."
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room