Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am

Squee
HP 2 LP 3 99 Gold 88 Silver

Although he didn't show it, Silver's words made an impact on the goblin. It was never good to make an enemy, enemies weren't good for profit and loathe as he was to admit it, the group could help him on the way to profit he would never see on his own. It wouldn't do to turn them against him even if the slander towards goblins was upsetting him. Best to let his cousin and his guards deal with that situation. At least he knew now how little the others could be pushed around.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm just going to keep this going, don't want it to slow down.


Eventually the six adventurers signed the contract, and obtained a magical duplicate. The agreement ensured that there was no way for the Goblin to weasel out of the deal, or back stab them. It was iron clad, and if proof was presented to the Goblin trade federation, they could have his trading license revoked, and maybe even put to death.

Contracts were sacred things to Goblins. Well... at least contracts between Goblins. With Squee on their team, they knew that Spleck would never dare try and break the contract.

While some went out and performed personal business, the day had been long and one by one the adventurers eventually took to their rooms at the tavern(2 Silver for standard, 5 Silver for Deluxe, Deluxe will boost the players moral, and their next Roll gets a +4 Bonus!)

The odd ball team had agreed to meet at the Western Gate at first light, and much to everyone's surprise, they were all surprisingly punctual. With ease they exited the city, thankfully they weren't charged a leaving fee. The real trek was making their way through the ghetto's on the other wise of the wall. The sun had barely risen, and many were already on the street begging, or still recovering from a long night of drinking.

Eventually however, the group made it to the edge of the city and began their trek down the long road. The road was well maintained and made out of a strange, smooth, black stone surface...

If there is anything you want to prepare you can backdate it before you went to bed in your role play. You can also PM me questions.


Alright if you have an idea for finding the caravan, now is the time to speak up. If not, I want either investigation checks, perception checks, or any other check you think might help
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 70c
Character Sheet

After signing the contract, Charis left quietly for her deluxe room, Galadriel on her heels.

"Draw me a bath," she said to her slave.

"Another?" Galadriel asked. "It's only been an hour since your last.

Charis opened the window, closing her eyes and breathing in the fresh air. Relief was clear on her face."Goblins."

Understanding her meaning, Galadriel drew her master a bath.

In the morning, Charis and Galadriel were waiting in the main room for the others. They had already eaten and were ready to leave depart. They were both quiet while the group left the city. While they passed through the slums, beggars reminded her of Squee. She moved up beside him.

"For the record," she said, still looking at the road ahead. "I don't care if you make yourself extra money, it's every being's right. As long as I get what I earn, I don't care what extra deal you make for yourself." Then she looked down at him. "But if I find out you are dipping into my cut..."

She let the last words hang in the air as they separated to walk carefully around a particularly dirty bum.

"Spleck is your cousin, huh?" She said with a slight smile. "Reunions must be rough."
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; 99g, 93s
Location: With the Group
Bonus: +4 to next roll

The Mer was not happy about sleeping on land. He hadn't done so for a long time and he knew this was probably the first of many nights without waves beneath or around him. He longed for the sea but knew sleeping away from the group was bad form and probably wouldn't boad well for the waining trust they were building. So he spent the extra three silver on a nice room and slept in the large, copper bathtub after it had been filled.

The female from earlier never made an appearance, or else no one let her past the bar. Liguria decided it was for the best and assumed he had just overwhelmed her. There were more important things to be focused on and abstaining from all sorts of things would be the best way to stay on task and get his ship back.

When the sun rose, Liguria rose with it and was ready at the gates with the others. He would not be left behind, nor would he waste any time in finding these lost shipments. The sooner he learned of his own lost ship, the better for everyone. It seemed a lot of things were going missing these days and Liguria fought the temptation to think it was all linked. This was probably some group of thieves or some creature that had made residence on the path.

"Good morning. The sun rises and our journey begins. I trust everyone is ready?" inquired the captain.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 am

Mardu ak'Taal
HP - 1, Luck - 4, Coins - 99g, 95s, 70c

Mardu, as was his nature, had taken the simplest room the inn offered. Ignoring the bed, he had slept comfortably on the floor following his nightly meditation.

Rising before daybreak, he had made his way out of the inn. After finding a someone who would give him directions, he had found his way to a small market and purchased a variety of fresh fruits (he didn't recognize most of them) to break his fast.

When the others rose, they found him sitting outside the inn, munching on his fruit as he curiously watched the goblin city come alive.

At the Captain's words he rises silently and bows to the group.

ooc wrote:just let me know how much the breakfast cost and i'll mark it off
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:02 am

Squee
HP 2 LP 3 Gold 99 Silver 84

When his cousin left, Squee helped himself to the remains of the snack and snail wine. There was no sense going to bed hungry after all. When the time came to retire, he made sure he did it in comfort. It was good to be back amongst civilized beings, even if he knew it wouldn't last.

In the morning, he checked his stash of poisons and made sure to put an application on his blades. With as many caravans missing as there were odds were he would need it. He met the others at the gate and they headed out.

Ryan M. Danks wrote:.
While they passed through the slums, beggars reminded her of Squee. She moved up beside him.

"For the record," she said, still looking at the road ahead. "I don't care if you make yourself extra money, it's every being's right. As long as I get what I earn, I don't care what extra deal you make for yourself." Then she looked down at him. "But if I find out you are dipping into my cut..."

She let the last words hang in the air as they separated to walk carefully around a particularly dirty bum.

"Spleck is your cousin, huh?"[/b] She said with a slight smile. "Reunions must be rough."


Squee laughed, "There may be profit to be made by taking advantage of one's companions in secret, but I find it is greatly outweighed by the fact that once they discover you've been taking advantage of them they tend to want compensation, typically in blood. I can make more money with you than without and have an easier time of it as well."

He pauses carefully choosing his next words, "Spleck is a good cousin, as far as goblins are concerned. His major issue is he surrounds himself with other goblins and slaves considering himself superior to all and right in everything, as most goblins without significant exposure to other cultures do. Still his gold is good and he tends to be generous, well generous for a goblin. Never think for a second though that he's not plotting a million ways to take advantage of us. We should be doing the same concerning him."

As they get closer to his destination he starts looking at his surroundings for any clues as to the missing caravans or what took them.

I don't think the dice like me today
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby EPIC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:08 am

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 95s

Once the meeting was over, Silver made herself scarce, taking a simple room and secluding herself in it. She didn't care to deal with anyone else save perhaps the silent monk. Tutek was too loud for her mood, though he was rather pleasant for an ogre, Squee was part of the source of her current ire, Cheris and Liguria were also pleasant enough, but she did not know them well and conversation would be awkward. Probably just best to go to bed and hope sleep would cool her tightly restrained temper.

Waking before dawn, Silver slipped silently out of the inn for a light training routine to warm her body up for the day ahead, using the time as well for daily contemplation and inner focus, finding the calm light within from where she drew her power. Holding that light as she trained gave her such a sense of peace and calm. Once she was finished, aided by a good night's rest in a proper, if simple, bed, washed away her dark mood from the night previous, though she still didn't much like the goblin.

Finishing her training session, the town was looking more awake, merchants going to their stalls and shops to ply their trades and display their wares. Silver heads to the market on the directions of a passer by to purchase some rations for the trip. With a day's length to the next town, it seemed likely they would be camping at least one day and hunting for enough food to feed a party that included an ogre seemed futile, so some rations to supplement anything she could hunt would help. A few days worth should be sufficient. With her purchases wrapped in brown, waxed paper to protect it from the elements, Silver returns to the inn to don her gear and meet with the others to set off, seeming back to her normal, cool and collected self, though she studiously maintained a few paces between herself and Squee.

Once on the road, Silver keeps the hood of her cloak drawn up over her silver hair. It drew too much attention. With her bow slung over a shoulder, her sword sheathed at her hip opposite a quiver of arrows and a simple pack containing a change a clothes, a disk of washing soap and her ration purchase from earlier in the day (There hadn't been time to track down some travel-sized cookware), she looked every part the traveler. She maintained a small distance between herself and Squee, though this laxed as they continued on the path and the goblin did not make any attempt to, well, do much of anything regarding her.

She fell into her normal withdrawn and quiet state, keeping her sharp blue eyes open for any sign of a clue, or bandits. One should always be wary of bandits while traveling.

Perception (1d20+10=18)
Survival (1d20+4=18)

Wasn't sure about survival, but could be helpful, maybe as a circumstance bonus or something for the perception? *shrug*

Also lemme know the cost of her rations so I can mark it off. She just bought a few days of simple dried foods that will keep a few days on the road.
User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

A Day's dried, simple rations are 10 copper.

Sending PM's out in response to players rolls, and to their natural senses.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm

About 2 hours out from the city the road begins to follow beside a long ridge to the left, tall enough to block the sun. On the right a few yards away a tiny steam flows freely. Occasionally the sound of fish jumping can be heard. The sun is still low in the sky, but climbing fast. The weather is good, and there have been no problems thus far...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Mardu ak'Taal
HP - 1, Luck - 4, Coins - 99g, 97s, 65c

As the party follows the roadway the caravan would have approached by, the monk is characteristically silent. He seems absorbed in thought, his dark-hooded form moving easily as he ponders.

After the party has followed it's path for two hours or so, however, he suddenly stops. As his body falls into a ready stance, he reaches up and flips the hood back from his head. As he scans the surrounding area, he speaks a single word, "Danger!"

ooc wrote: Perception (1d20 +10=20)
looking for the source.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Tutek
HP: 1; Money: 99gp, 94sp

The chieftain nodded to everyone before returning to his room for the night. He found the accommodations to be not quite ready for an ogre his size, but he had a nice night of rest non the less.

In the morning, he had an abundant breakfast, that included dry meat, cheese, a big mug of hydrohoney and hard bread. The boisterous ogre greeted each party member as they showed up and left the tavern, leaving the last. He had a lot to eat.

At the gates he was rather happy, for a person whose belongings were stolen, and was forced to swim to the coast at night. With no weapons, and tight on gold, Tutek decided to just tear a huge branch from a nearby tree and use it as an improvised club, which he placed in rest over his broad shoulders.

He strike casual conversation with the rest, in his broken common. Being so tall gave him a good advantageous point from to spot trouble.
At Mardu's warning, Tutek took his club to bearing, and emitted a low growl. His small eyes beamed with anticipation; he was enjoying it!

Perception: 19
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby EPIC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 94s, 80c

Silver keeps her eyes to the sides of the path, stopping suddenly to loosen her sword in it's scabbard, investigating some dirt that had been disturbed. "The monk is right...this is a prime place for an ambush...everyone be on your guard."
User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Heh, sure... you can yell Danger, and let them know you know. keeps things simply. I was going over things, and I am placing a new house rule for combat. Takedown 1, allows you to kill 1 additional minion per round. Takedown 2, allows you to kill 2 minions per round. Your attacks are all lethal unless otherwise stated.


Spilling over the ridge a dozen Kobolds begin charging down the ridge, carrying simple stone spears, or rusted old blades, most likely looted from corpses. Each Kobold wears a motley of miss-matched armor. Remaining on the ridge were six archers, each one wielding basic short bows with limited range.

Another half dozen dropped from the trees behind the adventurers in similar equipment, another half dozen from another side, completing a triangle to trap them. A quick assessment suggests that the Kobolds are not very strong individually, but as a swarm, they can be deadly.

Each one hisses and snaps it's sharp teeth as they encircle the group, the archers draw their arrows and take aim...

As you are encircled by the Reptilian humanoids, you can't help but wonder... why are they here? Far from any mountains, they are usually nocturnal, and prefer to make their nests deep underground near magma pockets, where the transferred heat keeps them warm and happy.


Kobolds are short, reptilian humanoids with cowardly and sadistic tendencies.

A kobold’s scaly skin ranges from dark rusty brown to a rusty black color. It has glowing red eyes. Its tail is non-prehensile. Kobolds wear ragged clothing, favoring red and orange. A kobold is 2 to 2-1/2 feet tall and weighs 35 to 45 pounds. Kobolds speak Draconic with a voice that sounds like that of a yapping dog. Their primary diet is meat, and they don't care if their meat screams and begs for their life while they eat it.


Combat:
Kobalds will go last, it's a DC of 15 to hit. Roll Init!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Tutek
HP: 1; Money: 99gp, 94sp

Tutek grins, lifting his club high. "Tutek smashes you to pulp!" With that as a battlecry, the ogre teks only a step forward, his superior reach allowing him to deliver a deadly blow. The Ogre's improvised club smashes in splinters over the kobold. Tutek grins for a moment, before using his huge hand to reach and squish another reptile.

Initiative: 20
Tutek Smash!: 26, critical hit! Dmg DC: 25+5 from critical hit. Tutek has Takedown 1, so if the kobold goes down (highly likely) he'll go for another attack: 26 holy sh*t, I'm on fire! DC 30 for that poor little kobold. If the thing actually makes the save, I'll attempt to grab it, grab attempt is granted by my unarmed attack that hits, so they need a resistance check at DC 20 to avoid being grabbed.
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

Charis and Galadriel were studying the ground, noticing signs of activity when Mardu called danger. "Get down!" She called to her slave as they both moved inside the circle created by the others. Charis wanted some breathing room from their enemies while using her magic to assist her allies.

As the kobolds closed in on them, Charis fluidly drew her sword and began weaving it through the air in complicated motions, turning the sharp unsheathing sound into an ear-piercing screech. Channeling her magic through the blade, Charis focused the agonizing song into the oncoming waves and away from her allies.

Initiative: 1d20+9=15

Standard Action: Chords of Agony: Sharp, quick flicks of your sword create chords of unbearable pain. Burst Area Affliction 7 (Resisted by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated), Selective, Progressive, Limited (Requires a sword), Sense Dependent (Auditory) • 1 point

Note: I removed 20 copper for Charis and Galadriel's rations.
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests