Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby EPIC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 97s

Silver looks skeptically at Squee, blue eyes narrowed slightly. "We are not here to inquire about your extended family, and certainly not in the middle of this negotiating."

She would have to have a little talk with the goblin later and put in no unclear terms what would be unacceptable if he wished to remain healthy. Trying to profit off them right in front of them was one of those things.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Squee
HP 2 LP 3 Gold 99 Silver 88

"Again I must beg your pardon, but with such an extended family it is rare that I meet a member of the family that can give me as good of information as my cousin here," Squee says in an attempt to weasel his way out of the accusations being leveled at him.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Tutek
HP: 1; Money: 99, 97

"The human is right, no more goblin!" Tutek exclaims. What Silver's tone had of calm and levelled, Tutek's tone had of aggression and threat.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; Gold: 99g, 98s

The captain untangled himself, looking to the door. "We best not be caught, especially here. If we do not leave tonight, I will look for you at the inn." He kissed the mer-lass for a moment too long and then made for the door. "Thank you for your help."

He left and hastened back to the inn to find the group sitting down at the table. He didn't make himself known, wanting to hear their conversation and see how devoted they were to the cause. They seemed to be interested in recovering their goods and that would have to be enough for now. When Squee mentioned the "other in the group" Liguria made his way to the table. "Sorry I was held up," he said politely, taking a spot at the table.

He continued to listen as the group bickered over the details and the language of the agreement. Interjecting, Liguria stated, "How about you give us the rest of the details, make it 12 per crate, 8 for the horses as we all know new ones are easily 10 in this city, and you find out where my ship went." The play was bold but Ortis figured Spleck gave more respect to equals than those he assumed were below him. And Liguria would not be taken as a fool.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Wolf, Ram, and Hart

"Enough." Spleck's voice grew stern. "Listen, female. Your appearance is grotesquely human. You should watch yourself, and be thankful my cousin even bothers to associate with you. Most goblins wouldn't even tolerate someone like you speaking in their presence. It is only for the love of my cousin, I do not have my man cut you down where you stand."

The goblin took a deep breath, and calmed himself. His tone once again became playful and jolly, "Now then. I believe Squee and I agreed on 4% introduction and finders fee to people of interest, who can get you jobs and information."

"As for the crates..." The Merfolk captain joined the group and spoke up. "At least someone besides my cousin, and the drow, knows how to be civil and make a proper deal. Very well. 12 per undamage, unopened crate, per person. Damaged crates will be negotiated upon return. Six people, that's a total of 72 gold per crate returned. 8 gold, per alive, and well horse returned, per person, total of 32 gold per horse. Lastly, my younger brother, 1 silver per person. Total of 6 silver. A grand total of 912 gold, 6 silver, 152 gold, 1 silver per person." He snapped his fingers once more.

The male human placed a long parchment, and an ink set in front of Spleck. The parchment was mostly filled out already, all that was missing was names and numbers. Spleck quickly filled things out and turned it toward his cousin.

(Squee sees nothing wrong, the contact is as agreed upon. Squee even notes in the fine print, in advanced techno-mumbo-jumbo, that none of the other players can figure out, that he gets an additional 40 silver as a finders fee for bringing the adventurers to Spleck)

"Make your mark, and find my merchandise."

Huh... no one picked up on the hint I gave in his big speech. Everyone focused on the guards, and patrol. Interesting...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 am

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; 99g, 98s

"Hold it. That's not exactly what I said. We want to know more about the case, what do you know about what's making things disappear? And you forgot the part about my ship." The Mer leaned over the table far enough to make himself clear, but kept enough distance that the Lion wouldn't feel the need to pull him away. He left his tone light, but his words were serious. "Don't, for a second, think I don't know you're cheating us right now. Whatever is out there has already taken out a patrol. This job is worth a lot more than 150 gold per person. and a couple silvers? You're so generous," the captain rolled his eyes. "I want you to spend some time finding out what has been taking the ships from these waters. Find out what other people have seen or heard, maybe even a full list of what's gone missing. Use all those wonderful contacts you keep talking about." The captain leaned back and offered more casually, "How's that sound?"
Last edited by whiteprofit on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 am

Mardu ak'Taal
HP - 1, Luck - 4, Coins - 99g, 97s, 70c

As the mood around the table becomes tenser, Mardu's attention becomes focussed on the potential of a confrontation. His amber-colored eyes narrow slightly, dancing across the goblin's entourage. without looking he picks up a fork from the table, fingers twirling it through a complex pattern as he assesses it's weight and balance.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 am

Squee
HP 2 LP 3 99 gold 88 silver

Squee puts a hand on the contract and slides it back to his cousin without signing. "Hold cousin, you have not answered my questions about timing. Four days for results is a long time to wait for something only a day away."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby EPIC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 am

Silver

Silver narrows her eyes at the manner Spleck speaks, but doesn't give him the satisfaction of rising to his bait, especially on the human comment. Not like she hadn't heard it before. She didn't feel they NEEDED to use this disgusting creature, it rankled her that they were traveling with one at all. But they would have words, and he would heed them, or he'd learn that despite her tolerance, she was not to be trifled with.

But one vile problem at a time. She looks to the goblin's "man", presumably the armed lion man, then back at Spleck, looking none too concerned. "Cute pet. Realize something Spleck, you are not the only contact in the world, and you are not the best. Simply the one we had swiftest access to due to your scheming cousin. Spew your intolerance far and wide, I care not. You tell me what I already know, I appear human, I am a woman. But do not forget a very important detail goblin, I am a warrior. Violence is my trade and craft."
Last edited by EPIC on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 am

Spleck groaned "One at a time!"

He looked to his cousin first, "Do you have much in your brain? Day 1, suppose to arrive. They do not. Is that a big deal? No. Shipments are late all the time. Wagon wheels break, axles break, horses break. All of my drivers are trained in wagon repair, so it is not uncommon for them to perform repairs and show up a little late. If a horse breaks than three horses have to do the work of four. That means a slower pace, longer resting periods."

"So being 1 day late? Not so big a deal. By the end of the second I am finally worried, but I am not the only one. A half dozen other merchants are missing shipments. Do I panic? No. The City watch immediately gathers a patrol and sends them out that night. A decent sized patrol on foot. Do I send me own men out? Why bother? The city watch will find my things, kill the thieves, and do it all for free. So I wait. By foot the patrol should arrive at the next town this morning. The patrol never arrives at the next town. Now I am worried. Now I send out my own men, with my own coin." Spleck sighed and poured another glass of snail wine, the bottle nearly empty by now.

With a sip of slimy green liquid, Spleck turns to the Merfolk, "Captain is it? I mentioned I would introduce you to those who have information on the black market. I try to keep my business as legitimate as possible, but I do have friends in low places. If you want me to get information on your behalf, I can, but it will cost you. The way Squee and I were arranging it. I would introduce you to people who have information for you. They would sell you the information, and pay you gold, in trade for your services. I would earn 4% of the gold earned. My way earns us both a profit. Your way, means you pay out the nose."

"But... as a sign of good faith, I will look into obtaining a list of missing vessels and what they contain. As for the 150 gold a piece, why I find that down right generous! After all, are you not highly skilled? Are you not confident in your abilities? If you get scared because a patrol was killed, then you are in the wrong line of business my friend." The Goblin scoffed at the Merfolk.

Lastly the Goblin turned to Silver, "You would do well to watch your tone. Your craft is violence. Delightful, and I believe you, cause you do no have a tongue for business. Just remember, you are not the only one who knows violence. Cutting down a well respected member of the community will only get you hunted and thrown in jail to rot. So take your hand off your blade, and end you futile facade. You want to be seen as tough? You want to try and scare respect into me? You will have a better time bleeding a rock!"

"If you truly wish to be respected, then earn it. Learn how to do proper business, learn some manners. Earn a reputation! You will find an excellent reputation and polite conversation can be as valuable as Platinum."

The goblin finished off his glass of snail wine, "Must I answer anything else? Or will you take the job? I mentioned time was money, and this meeting is taking far too long."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 am

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; Money: 99g, 98s

Liguria didn't do business by contract, he did it with a handshake. He was assured enough from the calm demeanor and the platinum Spleck wore to believe he must be telling at least part of the truth. And that was about as much as he expected from a Goblin. Liguria offered him his hand to set the agreement.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Squee
HP 2 LP 3 Gold 99 Silver 88

Squee looks momentarily taken back by his cousins words before grinning. "Ah cousin you know me, I only have a head for doing business my way. I am not a master merchant like you. I shall endeavor to show you my worth as a member of your family." he says. And I'll figure out what you're hiding from me and make sure you pay out the nose for it. he thinks to himself with a wide grin on his face.

He turns to Silver Yes dear there are other contacts but you'd do best to remember if you want to make a significant profit in this world you'll have to do it through goblins at some point. Best learn manners now and not go out of your way to upset those we depend on for work and leads." he says as though he were speaking to a small child.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby EPIC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Silver

Silver turns her cold glare on Squee. "Thin ice goblin." but she backs away from the table a step, anything to make this negotiation over. Being in the presence of one goblin for any amount of time was trying enough.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

Mardu ak'Taal
HP - 1, Luck - 4, Coins - 99g, 97s, 70c

He lets out a deep breath as the situation begins to resolve peacefully.

Looking at the fork in his hand, he smiles slightly before putting it back onto the table.

He is pleased to see that they will not be attempting to kill their prospective employer, but somewhat disturbed still by the obvious conflict between Silver and Squee. Hopefully, the two would soon realize that they were bound together by the weaves of the pattern and learn to walk together, if not happily, at least in cooperation.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

Tutek
HP: 1; Money: 99, 97

"Ok, so meeting over. At morrow Tutek and the rest will go find your stuff." the ogre says, standing up in full height, looking down at the lion man with a frown. Perhaps in the future, if the goblin betrays them, he will have a chance to dismember him. An Ogre can dream.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room