Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby EPIC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 94s, 80c
Cleric: Strength Domain, Stance: Martial Spirit

Silver nods to Liguria. "I agree. The other kobolds who escaped will likely tell this Tiric about us long before we ever arrive. Letting these two go will be of hardly any consequence in the long run. We've already proven they are no threat to us, I am loath to even consider dispatching the pitiful creatures."

She looks to the others of the group, hoping she won't be asked to go against her moral fiber.
User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:49 am

Tutek
HP: 1, Money: 99, 94

Tutek shrugs his massive shoulders. He puts the kobold down. "If Tutek was you, Tutek won't go to cave."
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

Charis sheathed her blade and listened intently as Tutek pulled a full confession from the kobold.

"It stands to reason that the crates that were stolen are with that kobold mage," she says. "How are we to proceed?"
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am

The group is able to figure out the Kobolds base is less than 20 minutes from their current location. Squee and Charis set off to scout the area leaving the other four behind for now.

When the two scouts finally return, both are cleaning their blades. The two had slain half a dozen scouts/sentries to get a good look of the area.

The road, which they are still close to, runs east to west, almost perfectly straight. The river, which naturally curves like a snake, runs almost perfectly along the road. The way it curves, at some points it is less than 2 meters from the road, and at others more than 20 meters.

The river bed is pretty low, meaning most the time the river itself is not visible from the road. The Kobolds have set up a camp in a cave that comes out into the river bed. From the Road it is not visible. The kobolds have even constructed an artificial ramp to bring the wagons down to the river bed with out problem.

The kobolds, despite what has been shown, seem to be well organized. The kobold mage was no where to be seen, but it is easy to guess he is the brains.

Lastly Squee note several small smoke holes that lead into the cave. Spaces for smoke to escape so they can cook in the cave, but from what he can tell, they are being smart and only cooking at night. It is still just before noon.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 am

Tutek
HP 1; Money: 99, 94

"Tutek thinks better attack at night. If Squee correct about them cooking at night, they'll be unprepeared, and we'll be concealed by night." The ogre suggests.
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

Evolución wrote:"Tutek thinks better attack at night. If Squee correct about them cooking at night, they'll be unprepeared, and we'll be concealed by night." The ogre suggests.


"I concur," Charis says to the group. "I am from the Underdark. My abilities will be better served inside a dark cave, and our enemies will be at a disadvantage."
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Liguria Orta
HP: 1; 99g, 95s

"Dropping in on them from the chimney's could work, though easier when there's nothing boiling under them. Is it worth sneaking in before the lights go down? Any cave I've ventured into is dark at all times of the day."
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Tutek

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm

"But they'll be cooking, distracted, tired." Tutek says. "There is no hurry, we can rest too, and kill them at night. Its more fresh, not so hot."
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Liguria Otra

Liguria consented and prepared his blade for battle. He looked for a shaded spot to spend the afternoon, disgruntled about the lost time but unable to think of a faster plan.
Ready when y'all are. :)
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 pm

The group waits until night fall to approach the camp.

Squee and Charis continue to scout a head, slaughtering any stray scouts or sentinals to allow their larger, less stealthy allies to approach unhindered.

The group arrives and takes refuge behind the foliage to survey the scene.

Atleast six armed guards are at the mouth of the entrance. Squee can count a dozen scattered around up top, of the cave, keeping an eye on the road.

Faint smoke can be seen coming up from four or five spots, showing cooking fires burn in the cave, The smoke is so faint, it can't possibly be seen by anyone with out Dark vision from the road.

The sound of horses can faintly be heard inside the cave.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

"They're cooking already," Charis said, seeing the smoke from the cooking fires in through the darkness. To her eyes, the purple-hued world was more brilliantly lit now than during the daylight hours.

"Perhaps Squee and I should go in through one of those chimneys, while the rest of you take a frontal assault?"

Her Bladesongs would be better in an open space with the rest of the party, but she was among the best equipped to get to a flanking position without revealing the attack.
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby EPIC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Silver
HP: 1, Money: 99g, 94s, 80c
Cleric: Strength Domain, Stance: Martial Spirit

Silver nods to Charis. She would have liked Mordu to go along with them, but the monk had vanished on them. He didn't say much unless it was important, so it was hard to keep track of him. For all she knew, he was still near by, in hiding, just in case any kobolds made a run for it and just didn't tell them his plan to do so.

"Alright, be careful. Wait for Tutek, Liguria and I to draw their attention then hit them hard from the rear. With any luck, we'll get Tiric right up front and take him out quickly.. If there's nothing else to add, we should get this under way."

She was rather shocked the kobolds had stuck around, but figured perhaps they thought the travelers simply carried on rather than try to hunt the kobolds down. Either that, or they were waiting for them. Silver hoped for the former. Kobolds were dumb after all, right?
User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 am

As the group makes their last preperations for combat, the Monk suddenly stands upright. A look of surprise seems to fill his face. "I sense... something is wrong." He announced to the group a split second before a gate way ripped open before them.

A swirling vortex of pure white energy filled up the night sky, turning night into day. A man stepped through the vortex, he was dressed in monk robs. "Brother. You must come home. We have trouble."

With out a moment's hesitation the Monk dashed forward, and the next second the two were gone, and the vortex closed. The night was dark again. By now the entire Kobold camp was panicing and gathering around the vortex, but Squee, and Charis had not wasted this chance. Two had lept from bush to bush to out flank the charging force.

Now a main force of about 30 or so Kobolds were charging towards the location where the vortex had been. The Ogre, the celestial descendent, and the Captain stood tall and proud meeting the force head on. Squee and Charis remained in hiding, ready to launch their surprise attack.

All of the Kobolds who were outside of the cave have gathered together. There may be more still in the cave. Thanks to Squee and Charis attacking from behind, they will cause a big break for the adventuerers. Everyone will be free to strike first in the chaos before the Kobolds can react properly.

For those who posted their init in the OOC please respost it in your attacking post.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 am

Charis Tahllian
HP: 0 Money: 99g, 91s, 50c
Character Sheet

"What the--? Where in the dark is he going?" Charis said as the monk left through the vortex, which couldn't have come at a worse time. With the kobolds charging up the hill there was little time to waste.

"Let's go Squee," she called out before ducking into the bushes on one side of the kobolds.

Circling around, Charis sat and waited for the sentient lizards to pass. Once the bulk of their force had done so, she lunged out of the bushes and unsheathed her blade in a long slash that cut the air horizontally, tracing a line from one side of the group to the other. The sound of the blade unsheathing, charged with Charis's magic, became a devastating wave of force that cut right through the rear flank of the kobold force.

Initiative (1d20+9=17)

Sound Wave: The sound of a long slash through the air becomes a devastating wave of force when charged with magic. Cone Area Damage 7, Linked to Cone Area Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Prone, Incapacitated); Limited (Requires a sword)
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed(IC)

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 pm

Squee
HP 2 LP 2 99 Gold 84 Silver

This is why I'm an assassin, not a warrior Squee thought to himself. There's much better odds when you only have to fight a few people. Shuriken start flying from the bushes as the determined goblin makes an effort to strike down as many foes as possible. As soon as the weapons leave his hand he backs away, fading into the bushes again.

Init 1d20+8=19
Multiattack 5 targets All out attack for 3
Attack rolls 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=10 DC 18 2 hit
Stealth to hide using skill mastery for a 25
Last edited by sweetja713 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest