Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Lies of Freedom - Recruiting (Cut OFF 10/31)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Lies of Freedom - Recruiting (Cut OFF 10/31)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 am

Cool! And thanks for the response.

I'll get to work on the build.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:15 pm

After much internal deliberation, I'm gonna pull Doctor Domino and submit a myth-themed Powerhouse.

He'll be up very soon.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm getting nervous...the moment of truth draws near!
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 am

Hypnox

(He looks like the above picture, except as stated below)

Aliases: Firstborn of Typhon, Lord-General of the Titans, the First Warrior, the Unslain Monster
Height: 12 ft
Hair: Black, wild and unkept
Eyes: Yellow and reptillian
Scales: Blackish violet in color, like the night sky. His body is also covered in various scars from the horrific torments that were put upon him in Tartarus.

Hypnox was born centuries before the human race during the Titan's rule. He was the firstborn child of the Titan Typhon and Echidna, the Mother of Monsters. Hypnox was the greatest warrior among the Titanspawn, and because of this, his father gave him the Sword of the Singing Winds, one of the Titan's greatest weapons.

However, this all changed when the Great War broke out. Hypnox was naturally chosen to lead the armies of Chronos against the Olympians. Hypnox fought like the monster he was, eventually standing against Zeus himself. It is said that Zeus was only able to win the battle by using Hypnox's sister (an unknown monster) as a shield, which broke him enough that Hades was able to put him in chains. Before he was thrown into Tartarus, the Firstborn of Typhon swore that Zeus would pay and that his kind would one day take back what was theirs.

Hypnox remained in the Underworld for countless millennia, chained in the pits of Tartarus, helpless as he watched his brothers and sisters enter the gates of Hades, slain by the mortal sons of Zeus and his kin. While most of the Titan's wills were broken long ago, this merely fueled Hypnox's desire for revenge against all of Olympus. Long after even mighty Chronos's spirit was broken, the First Warrior struggled against his chains, screaming for the blood of Olympus.

Hypnox got his chance to escape from Tartarus the day Hades lead an army of undead against the Freedom League. In the chaos of the invasion, Hypnox was able to trick a Cyclops into breaking his chains, freeing him from an eternity of torment. While Hades was fighting a war for Freedom City, Hypnox was fighting his way through the Hekatonkheires and other guardians of the Underworld. By the time Hades was returned to the Underworld, Hypnox had broken to the surface and was prepared to seek his vengeance.

However, Hypnox was to be denied his revenge. When he reached the summit of Mount Olympus, he saw that the gateway into the home of the gods was closed. The gods had sworn not to interfere with the affairs of man long before Hypnox had escaped from Tartarus, and now there was no way there. It was then that Hypnox decided that humanity would suffer in the place of the gods. If he destroyed enough of the humans Zeus had prized so much, the gods would have to break their oath and interfere with the affairs of Earth. And then Hypnox would show them pain....

Hypnox only cares for causing chaos in an attempt to draw the Olympians out so they can face his blade. He is driven by a desire for revenge that few mortals can even comprehend, a desire tempered by watching his brethren march through the gates of Hades, knowing that their only crime was being his brother. He is an unstoppable force of destruction, only agreeing to work with others if they promise him a way to Olympus. Even when Daedalus was forced to kill him, the beast was able to fight his way out of Tartarus again. The mythological prison of the Titans could no longer hold him.

Finally, Daedalus was able to send Hypnox into space with the other villains in an attempt to stop Star Khan. Hypnox had spent his entire existence facing the worst torments of Tartarus, so a great space war was nearly nothing to him. He now plans to return to Earth and destroy the heroes who tried to deny him retribution. Starting with the immortal Daedalus....

Hypnox - PL 12

Strength 12, Stamina 5, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Favored Foe: The Olympians and their champions, Fearless, Improved Grab, Languages 1, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Weapon Break

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+14), Athletics 8 (+20), Close Combat: Sword of the Singing Winds 2 (+9), Expertise: Mythology 12 (+12), Insight 13 (+15), Intimidation 15 (+20), Perception 15 (+17), Stealth 8 (+7)

Powers
Child of a Titan: Immunity 21 (Aging, Common Descriptor: Electricity, Life Support)
Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 1 (1 extra limb, Advantages: Improved Grab)
Firstborn of the Monsters: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size category)
Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round; Innate; Gliding, Wings)
Movement: Movement 1 (Slithering)
Not even Tartarus can hold me!: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)
Scales like Steel: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness)
Senses: Senses 3 (Danger Sense: Hearing, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing)
Sword of the Singing Winds (Easily Removable)
. . Affliction: Affliction 12 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Linked: Strike: Strength-based Strike 3; Limited Degree)
. . Deflect: Deflect 5 (Reflect)
. . Strike: Strength-based Strike 3 (DC 30; Linked: Affliction: Affliction 12)

Offense
Initiative +5
Affliction: Affliction 12, +9 (DC Will 22)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 22)
Strike: Strength-based Strike 3, +9 (DC 30)
Throw, +0 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 27)

Complications
Enemy-Daedalus: The immortal inventor Daedalus has proven quite a thorn in Hypnox's side since his escape from Tartarus. He hates the hero for serving the gods just as much as he hates the gods themselves.
Enemy-the Gods of Olympus: Hypnox is defined by his desire for vengence against the Olympians. To him, Zeus and his bretheren caused the slaughter of his entire family over the past eon. Now he is prepared to end all of them, slowly.
Hatred: Hypnox has no love for humanity, the lesser beings who took this Earth from the Titans. He sees them as vermin at best and the slayers of his kin at worst.
Prejudice: Hypnox is clearly monstrous in appearance and makes no attempt to hide his nature from the world.
Sacrificed for the Good of Humanity....and Lived: Hypnox has little qualms with bathing in the blood of the countless alien forces that the Star Khan led. However, he was angered by the fact that Earth's heroes expected him to die without taking the Gods of Olympus with him. Hypnox is now heading back to Earth, now ready to kill both it's heroes and it's gods.
Warrior's Code: Hypnox will always face his enemies head on, especially if he is facing the Olympians or their champions. He dislikes using poisons or the tools of an assassin and prefers to give his opponents a proper death by his sword.

Languages
Ancient Greek, English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 17, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 68 + Advantages 9 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 180
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby AFoolIsYou » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 am

Hmm...already full of awesome characters, but ill still try and create/put one up. later. soon. maybe.
...I stared into the void, and it gave me a red bull, some candy, Dead or Alive 5 and told me to F@#% off...

"...A Cup of Awesome killed The Event Horizon..."
-Sips, Yogscast.
AFoolIsYou
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AFoolIsYou » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 am

:Edit: I'm going to remove my Char. I wouldn't be able to finish it, and there a lot of way better characters on here already. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by AFoolIsYou on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I stared into the void, and it gave me a red bull, some candy, Dead or Alive 5 and told me to F@#% off...

"...A Cup of Awesome killed The Event Horizon..."
-Sips, Yogscast.
AFoolIsYou
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nillaman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 am

The Time of Judgement is fast approaching. Good luck folks. :3
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.
Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I was really excited to play Killrazor, but I'm afraid I won't have the time to finish his build tonight (possibly in the wee hours, but it's questionable) and tomorrow I'm busy until about the same time.

If I don't get it done, good luck to everyone!
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:55 am

I got a quick build for Killrazor up. It's not finished, but should give you an idea of where I'm going with him. I'd like to change some things around, and since he is drastically under points I think I'll go with the level 11 (195 point) option when I finish him.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 am

Need to warn you guys the picks will be delayed. When my power returns at home, I'll try to work on things here more.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:Need to warn you guys the picks will be delayed. When my power returns at home, I'll try to work on things here more.

Sucks for many reasons, but gives me time to work on the build.

I hope everything is okay with you.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Well, it's November 1st...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby TempestII » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

I think Enigmatic is on the east coast.
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Nillaman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Hmmmm, I wonder how things are going...
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.
Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room