Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Lies of Freedom - Recruiting (Cut OFF 10/31)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Lies of Freedom - Recruiting (Cut OFF 10/31)

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:31 am

Sakuro wrote:You could change that Skill "Range Attack" into the actual Advantage. You might want "Skill Mastery" for the Arcane. Artificer wouldn't be a bad idea. Improvised Tools is another goodie, so he can easily get any tools he needs for working magic. Some kind of Expertise involving Hell/Demonic Forces wouldn't be out of the question. You should definately buy up his Parry. At PL 12, a Parry of 4 is downright pathetic.

Also, I don't know how Enigmatic feels about the "half effect on holy ground". But in my eyes that is more of a Complication than a Flaw.

I thought that Expertise:Arcane would cover demonology, and stuff like that. I also gave him some ranks in theology/philosophy since he could cover demonic lore in theology.

As to the flaw, not only is it cut in half on holy ground, but also whenever he has been bound in silver, and whenever he is on holy ground, he gains the noticeable flaw on his magic array. As I recall, the Limited flaw should to be taken when it comes into affect with one common occurrence, or multiple less common ones. Warlock has multiple limitations to it, which can cause problems. If Enigmatic doesn't like the flaw, I'll reallocate points to make things work.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Lies of Freedom - Recruiting

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 am

dreamking89 wrote:Doctor Domino

Luck Control: Luck Control 9 (Bestow Luck, Extra Ranks 5, Force a Re-roll, Negate Luck, Spend on Other; Innate, Subtle 2: undetectable)

You've spent 30 points on this power. The Extra Ranks are still meaningless and wasted points. You can only affect a single person at a time. How about something like:

Burst Area Luck Control 4 (Bestow Luck, Force a Re-roll, Negate Luck, Spend on Other; Extras: Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Innate, Insidious, Selective, Subtle 2: undetectable) · 24 points

Then you could affect everyone within the area with the same bad luck. It is two points less than your AE slots, so you'd have to adjust something, but it's still a better option than wasting your points on Extra Ranks.

. . Dangerous Luck: Damage 12 (Alternate; DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . Move Object: Move Object 1 (Alternate; 100 lbs.; Subtle 2: undetectable)

Speaking of AEs, if I were GM, I might allow one power that was completely undetectable (which would probably be the Luck Control), but the AEs are both Subtle 2, and I think this is a bit much.

Also recognize that by putting your Luck Control into an Array, if in one round you use your damaging attack, you can't use Luck Control (which is a Reaction power) to change the outcome of rolls directed at you or someone else.. This kind of defeats the purpose and the advantage.

IMO, the Luck Control should stand outside of any array so it's always usable. Of course this will cost more, but A) it makes more sense, fits the descriptors better, and B) it's one hell of a useful power.

Master Planner: Senses 4 (Precognition; Limited: To the immediate future)

I think this is problematic in two ways: One) limited to the immediate future is no more than a Quirk, worth a flat -1, and Two) Precognition is too disruptive a power to be allowed without it being Uncontrolled (IOW, a plot device). But that's up to EO to decide on how it's going to impact his game.

Senses: Senses 5 (Awareness: Mental, Danger Sense: Mental Awareness, Distance Sense, Extended: Mental awareness 1: x10, Rapid: sight 1)

The Mental sense is not Ranged, so before you buy Extended, you'll need to slap Ranged on it. For your Danger Sense, you'll need to change it to one of the standard sense groups: Visual, Auditory, Olfactory, Tactile, or Mental (most likely the latter).

Complications
Extremely Complex: If plotting an escape, or the best way to stop a superhero, Doctor Domino will never take the easy way. His plans are overly complex and improbable in theory, but usually end up working thanks to his mastery of luck.

If they usually end up working out, how is it a Complication? What do you expect to earn an HP for? I'd think long and hard about what will truly inconvenience you given that you have SIX Luck points to use to counterman things like GM fiats, etc. Your Complications should be ones that can't involve your use of Luck to overcome, e.g. Relationships, Enemies, etc.

Gambler: Doctor Domino loves games of chance, and will always take a chance to play one. Even if it means his undoing.

That's a proper Complication.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby greyfox776 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 pm

badpenny, any chance i could get you to take a look at my submission and give your thoughts. :D
greyfox776
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 pm

After giving it some thought, I ended up taking out the flaw, and found I was still left with 7 points left. I think I'll send them on the stuff you all mentioned, and will make the final edits once I get to my book.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:23 pm

greyfox776 wrote:VICTOR STRAUSS aka
DREADNOUGHT PL 12

Close Combat: Battle Suit 10*/0 (+10/+0)

For purposes of clarity this should be Close Combat: Unarmed. Note that this precludes Grabs. All you can do is punch/kick. You would need to put points into Fighting or Close Attack if you also want to Grab/Trip, etc.

Perception 4 (+6)

You have a bunch of Senses, but your Perception is rather mundane. You might want to bump this up as a function of your suit. Also take into consideration the Investigation skill. You could also bump that up with it being Limited to Search/Analyze (-1) as a complement to Microscopic vision.

Armour - Protection 14 (Impervious) Linked Enhanced Trait (Fortitude 12) 40p

Just for purposes of clarity, you don't have to link these two things. Linking is more for having two effects go off simultaneously, e.g. a Blast that also Dazzles.

Most GMs cap Impervious at PL, but you'll specifically have to ask EO if he's doing that.

Arsenal- Array 41p
-Minigun - Ranged Damage 12 (Accurate 1, Multiattack) 37p
AE:-Force Beam - Ranged Damage 14 (Penetrating 9) 1p
AE:-Seeker Missle - Ranged Damage 10 (Accurate 2, Homing 2) 1p
AE:-Micro Missle Swarm - Ranged Damage 12 (Burst Area 1) 1p
AE:-Power Servos - Enhanced Strength 14 1p

For your homing attack, you have to specify what Accurate sense this operates under. My recommendation would be: Radar.

For descriptor purposes, the Force beam feels like a flyer. All the other attacks are munitions-based. Not to say you can't do this, but it feels odd to me.

Note that by having your strength as part of your array, you can't fly while holding more than 50 pounds and shoot anyone. This seems a little unusual given that the servos can lift at maximum 200 tons or something. Seems like you should have some reasonable amount of strength available all the time. It's also practical to have some available. Yes, it will require some jiggering and maybe you don't get maximum value out of the slot, but sometimes that's what's needed to really hit home on a concept. (IMO.)

My only other comment on an otherwise fine character is that you need to recognize that you're putting ALL of your ability into the Removable Device. You're saving a lot of points, and usually the more you save the more likely the GM is going to want to take it away from you. And since you already saved points, you don't get a Hero Point for having it, you know, removed....
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Was thinking of posting a build, but ... builds aren't reviewed until after 10/31 ?
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah, I'll pick those I feel I can work with the most and tinker on them with my players.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Yeah, I'll pick those I feel I can work with the most and tinker on them with my players.

Okay.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby TempestII » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:47 am

I actually had an Elf sorceress character floating around in my head if that would fit the group more. Think a Druchii from the Warhammer Fantasy world, only wears more clothing.
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby greyfox776 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback badpenny, i have made some adjustments to the build by dropping down the PL to 10 to make full use of the 210 points, strength is now out of the array, force beam is now called rail gun, homing attack now works on radar, changed some other stuff around a little as well like having the suit boost fighting rather then combat skill and added minion so that he can build various low level robot minions (figured at least 1 super villain among us should have minions lol) i plan on letting them be mostly a GM tool though.

Also i dont mind if the suit is taken away often, thats half the fun of the power armor archetype :D

and with that i think i am done for now, more if approved.
greyfox776
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 am

No input on my concept? Should I come up with another one?

Builds take me way too long to do without at least a nod that I'm heading in the right direction. If the concept doesn't have a chance from what's written, I'd rather not waste time working on a build.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby TempestII » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Grefox, our characters seem really compatible.

Together we can create a host of war machines!
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 am

How many actual, viable concepts have been pitched so far?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 am

I don't think he GM is reading pitches. I've asked for an opinion a few times with no response.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:No input on my concept? Should I come up with another one?

Builds take me way too long to do without at least a nod that I'm heading in the right direction. If the concept doesn't have a chance from what's written, I'd rather not waste time working on a build.

It's fine. I've been busy as heck, hence the Cut off point till then. I needed space to get things sorted out so that I can be in a position to focus on the game.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room