Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby roguescribner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Buckaroo and Lara

You leave the diner and enter the car with Doc Brown's equipment. "It'll take me some time to re-calibrate the temporal flux tracking system. According to this map, the most recent activity was due south within the vicinity of the airport. We should start there."

GM wrote:Lara can follow on her motorcycle or ride in the car.


Ralph, Silent Bob, and Connor

You decide to investigate the flower shop at the end of the block since you are in the area. You round the corner on Osos Street and find Open Air Flowers. It looks like a nice flower boutique from the outside, artfully decorated. You see two women inside. It's a quiet afternoon. The police station, you know from Doc Brown's city map, is four blocks up and to the right.

GM wrote:And the investigation begins...
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Connor MacLeod
HP: 1 Condition: Normal


Pushing the door open, Connor walks inside, looking around as if trying to find something. Seeing the two women he approaches them.

”Hi! Ummm… I’m from out of town, and I wanted to send some flowers to a friend in San Francisco. I went past a shop a few blocks away, but it had had a fire. I’m just glad I found you guys, do you do Interflora?“
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 am

Chun-Li
Character Sheet - HP: 1

"Sagat!" Chun-Li tried to say under her breath, but was unable to suppress.

Before Sarah could ask who she was talking about, Chun-Li filled her in. "He's a competitive fighter, and a good one. I'm not sure I can beat him, but I do know that his presence here confirms that we've found the right place. He's likely the largest threat in the building. I'll distract him, you free their victims."

Chun-Li stepped out in the open and invited Sagat to join her in the alleyway. "It's been a long time since Kowloon Bay."

Sinking into a fighting stance, Chun-Li made herself ready for the fight of her life.

User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:23 am

Jareth

Condition: :shock:


"Don't disappoint me, Sarah." Jareth says under his breath as Sagat leaves through the door to the warehouse, "I won't always be there to protect you." He looks over at the collection of black suited warriors, then smiles. "Then again, there are always exceptions." Jareth turned towards the pile of hay in his stall, just as the green head of a goblin popped out of it, cackling wildly and loudly

"Your Highness!! You should have seen how much ha-

"Quiet!" Jared said through clenched teeth, "Your king needs a distraction from those black clad warriors out there. Think you can manage to be a bit creative this time?



"Yeah, yeah yeah!!" The goblin says with great excitement, "I'll distract them real good!!

Jareth nods, and pulls a crystal ball out of thin air. Spinning it around his hand, the crystal clouds over into blackness, transforming into the strange weapons the black suited warriors carried. After that he waves his cloak around his body in a flourish, his clothes turning instantly into the suits of armor the warriors wore.

Jareth is going to use his Illusion to disguise himself as one of the soldiers and make his way out of the warehouse as the goblin distracts the guards.

Deception check for Disguise (1d20+16=35)

Natural on the Goblin's Initative Roll! Initiative roll (1d20+2=22)

Not so much for Jareth... Initiative Roll for Jareth (1d20=7)
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

Co-GM Post

Chun Li
Sagat doesn't respond to your words, instead he hops from the doorway down into the alley. Meanwhile, the accountant-type reappears on the steps, pulling a little automatic pistol from the waistband of his pants. Before he can so much as level the weapon at you, the snap and thrum of an arrow leaving Sarah's bow takes the weapon from the man's hands. As the gun bounces away the man squeaks in fright... then Sagat's casually thrown suit-jacket catches him in the face. He runs back inside.

Having thrown off his jacket, Sagat doesn't seem in any particular hurry to get down to business. He steps out of his shoes and slides them away with his bare feet. He grabs his white shirt and simply rips it off and winds the shreds around his hands and forearms.

A new figure steps into the doorway. Her slinky frame, long sleek black hair and kimono inspired dress give her the look of quite a dragon lady. You guess her to be Malaysian. She speaks to Sagat briefly in Thai, and he replies. In English, she relays; "Mighty Sagat thinks he may recall you from Kowloon. Since you still seem pretty, you are not someone he has fought before."

Jareth
Your summoned Goblin happily agrees to help you out, and you put the finishing touches on your disguise. Although you are busy with your preparations, you are aware of the commotion at the far door. The timid man has come back inside, and if anything looks even more frightened. He waves frantically.

Just a few feet from where you are, you can hear the warriors starting to react.
"Did you hear something?" He may have heard your goblin's eager shout on arrival.
"Campbell is buggin'. Looks like we have intruders, radio it in."
"We should clear these kids out. It might be cops or something."
"Roger that. Get'em up and moving."

Initiative
Sarah 22
Goblin Minion 22
Sagat 20
Mercenaries 14
Chun Li 11
Jareth 7
"Dragon Lady" 5
Mousy Accountant ... really, who cares?
Sagat doesn't bother taking an action this round, and his translator seems content to follow his lead. Sarah performed a ranged disarm. Chun Li may still act this round.
Jareth's round is taken up with summoning and disguising. His goblin minion is going to spend his Standard action sorting out his business.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Chun-Li
Character Sheet - HP: 1

Chun-Li swallows hard. She was a good actress, and even better under pressure, but her deceptive skills went out the window when facing an enemy who was debatably the equal of Ryu. The woman, she feared much less.

"Does he dress all of his concubines in such pretty outfits?"

She focused back on Sagat, resolved to see this through, on way or another. "Let's get this over with!" Chun-Li said as she snapped into a fighting stance.

Her brow crinkled with worry and she secretly hoped that Ryu would pop out of one of those trucks and save her life.
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby roguescribner » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Flower Shop

"Sorry," the blonde woman replies to Connor. "Local only. We only opened a few months ago. Still laying the foundation, you know?"

"That fire, so sad," another woman interjects. She looks a little older and wears glasses. "I heard some kids vandalized the place. It's a whole ring of attacks. We just upgraded our security system last week. You can't be too safe."

"Kids these days," the blonde shakes her head. "Even in a quiet place like San Luis Obispo, the crazies come out."

"You down from San Fran?" the older woman asks.


Banzai and Croft

You drive around in circles around the town for nearly an hour before Doc Brown tells you to pull over. You stop adjacent to a large field. There's a small pond about 30 yards from the street and some trees a little further beyond that. You can see the airport in the distance, with local commuter planes coming and going at sporadic intervals. Doc Brown lifts his temporal flux tracking device onto a harness and does some final calibration. "Time is fluid," he announces as he brings a viewfinder up to his face. "I could very easily ping some false events, but hopefully we'll find what we're after in a short amount of time. I must warn you: if you start to feel nauseous or dizzy, back away quickly. In all likelihood, you'll be entering an area of temporal flux and who knows what damage can be done? Best not to find out!

"Now then," Doc Brown smiles. "Let's hunt some flux!" The eccentric scientist shuffles off into the field, the various lights and beeps of his tracking system leading the way.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Buckaroo Banzai

Buckaroo nodded at the instructions from Doctor Brown. The man seemed to be an atypical absent minded professor at times but he was quite intelligent and an inventor. Most people like that can appear to the casual observer as a mad scientist.

"I've driven through a mountain and dealt with creatures from the 8th dimension. I think I can handle some minor time fluctuations. Is there anything we should be looking for like blurry areas, items out of place, or cracks in the air?"
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Lara Croft
Character Sheet
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Lara had followed on her bike, becoming exasperated at the long and winding route the Doctor was taking them on. At last they stopped and she wondered how many Americans were as eccentric as the old man and the strange devices he was using.

"Indeed." She acknowledge the dashing man's question, "The last time I dealt with a dead zone and time fluctuation the world was in a bizarre alignment. Any such phenomena scheduled in the near... future?"

Lara looks around cautiously.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Silent Bob
HP 1 LP 5

At Ralph's words Silent Bob gives a vigorous nod of his head. When they reach the florist he gives his best "I'm just part of the background" effort and starts looking around while the others talk.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby roguescribner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Banzai and Croft

Doc Brown stops walking and lifts his gaze from the viewfinder. "8th dimension?" He ponders intently for a few moments. "Spatial or vector? Spatial: first dimension line, second plane, third cube. Time is often referred to as the fourth dimension. Bosonic string theory posits 26 space-time dimensions, but due to conformal anomalies it's a theory not met with much support. Tell me more, Dr. Banzai, of this 8th dimension."

You both get the feeling Doc Brown can be easily side-tracked when his curiosity is piqued.
Last edited by roguescribner on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
User avatar
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 am

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Buckaroo Banzai

Buckaroo smiles slightly. He recognizes that look on Dr. Brown's face.

"Perhaps later after we help solve this mystery. I will tell you that I saw many strange and unusual creatures there and had encounters with both Black and Red Lectroids."
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Bluecross » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 am

Connor MacLeod
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Connor listens to the ladies’ chat, nodding at appropriate points while browsing the store. Finally he picks out a bunch of red roses that he likes.

”Those are lovely. Can I get to you send some through Interflora to a friend in San Fran?“ Seeing the cards on the counter, he fills out an Interflora form with these details:

To:- Special Agent Dana Scully

Care of:- FBI San Francisco Offices

Message:- These made me think of you. Yesterday was wonderful. Regards, Connor.


Handing the card over, Connor chats as the ladies do the paperwork.

”That’s just awful, the fires. Kids you, said. Did they catch anyone?

And there have been other places attacked? Other florists? Why on earth would someone do that? You haven’t had anyone threaten you or anything, have you?“
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 am

Co-GM Post

Chun Li
"We don't even know if there are kids in there," Sarah mutters as she backpedals. Looking to her right, she continues. "I think the only way in there might be through this guy."

Sarah aims and fires an arrow at Sagat in one smooth motion. It looks like she was hoping to put an arrow in his knee, but she miss judges the distance horribly, and it snaps into the pavement in front of him, and skids away.

In retaliation, Sagat assumes a traditional Muay Thai stance, and his fist snaps forward. The strike seems to be in slow motion, as if he is punching a particularly heavy target... such as all the air between himself and Sarah. You can sense the waves of kinetic energy rolling off the punch, and you can see a rippling shadow effect as the force slams into Sarah, who is knocked off her feet.

The "Dragon Lady" laughs. "I am not Sagat's concubine... should either of you silly girls be lucky enough to attain that exalted position, you can expect your uniform to consist of a collar and bruises." Reaching inside the indecently high slit in her dress, she produces a pistol which she points at Sarah. "I wouldn't move, if I were you, archer."

At that moment, you can hear the discharge of automatic weapon fire inside the warehouse.


Jareth
Your goblin minion peeks around the corner where the warriors are getting the kids up and moving. At what seems to be an opportune moment, he darts across towards the wagon-truck.

"What the hell was that?"
"Reggie. Peyton. Deal with it."
"Eagle to Nest. We have eyes on intruders. Get some boots on the ground."
"You kids are being good."
"You can have naps in just a little while, and I'll see if I can find you some candy."

You imagine wrangling a herd of children ought to be difficult, but these seem awfully quiet and biddable. They are dirty, which usually makes children happy, but they are wearing chains... which probably does not. In any case, it seems the warriors are making good progress rounding them up and getting them moving.

It would also appear, that your minion was spotted. Two of the warriors run out, so that they have line-of-sight past the truck. One drops to a knee, the other stays standing, both level their weapons (which look a little like crossbows, but longer and without the bow part). Both of these weapons cough out a double-mouthful of fire. Brrrt-brrrrrt! Brrrrt-brrrrrrt!

Nubgubble the goblin makes a wheezy little noise, and you can feel the door down to Goblin Town open once again, and he slips through it. Fortunately, the weapons did not use Cold Iron, and your minion will live to gambole another day.
User avatar
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4358
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Chun-Li
Character Sheet - HP: 1

Seeing Sarah get blasted by Sagat made Chun-Li feel both concerned and relieved. Concerned for Sarah's well-being, and relieved that it wasn't her taking the brunt of that attack.

When the dragon lady in the door drew and aimed at Sarah, as well, Chun-Li quickly drew her own weapon.

"Maybe we'll get a fair fight one day, if you can fight fair, Sagat. But, it won't be today."

Not having time to line up her shot, Chun-Li relied on the laser-sight of her gun as she quickly fired on the dragon lady.

Move Action: Draw Firearm.
Standard Action: Fire at Dragon Lady: 1d20+8=25 (Toughness DC 18)
User avatar
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests