Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Omniverse: When Worlds Collide (OoC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: When Worlds Collide (Recruiting Closed!)

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 am

So I wait for my intro I suppose?
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 am

Evolución wrote:So I wait for my intro I suppose?

Ryan said place yourself wherever you like if he didn't mention you.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Evolución wrote:So I wait for my intro I suppose?

Ryan said place yourself wherever you like if he didn't mention you.

Oh, missed that!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 am

Indeed. I didn't want to create a mountain of text. I placed everyone that made sense to me, but I wanted to give those I couldn't fathom a place for the opportunity to show me.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Sorry, to tired to make a good post right now :(
But tomorrow is another day.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:43 am

Walking Dad wrote:Sorry, to tired to make a good post right now :(
But tomorrow is another day.

No problem. Still waiting for one more to post, as well.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: When Worlds Collide (OoC)

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 am

I should be getting there sometime today.

Bad habit of mine =- I check "my posts" as opposed to new posts so until I actually post IC it doesn't come up on my list.

:lol:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 am

Bladewind wrote:I should be getting there sometime today.

Bad habit of mine =- I check "my posts" as opposed to new posts so until I actually post IC it doesn't come up on my list.

:lol:

That's the same way I check ;).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Will update as soon as Bladewind introduces himself. :wink: :wink:
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Zen_Gypsy, since Advent Arcana has Magical Awareness and can Teleport through ley lines, I'll give him a free, one-use power effect. It makes sense for what is happening, so it's more plot device and playing with character concept than anything else (you'll have to actually purchase some Sense ability to use it in the future).

When you tap into the Earth's ley line forces, you feel the exact spot that the disturbance is coming from, as though it were a nexus from two ley lines that hadn't previously existed.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 am

you'll have to actually purchase some Sense ability to use it in the future

The way I envisioned it working was he steps into a Ley Line and is able to ride it to a destination that is close to where he desires to go. He does have Eldritch Awareness which I figured would allow him to sense a major Nexus in close proximity, an "On Ramp" if you will. Being educated in the Arcane Arts, and Ley Lines not fluctuating much over the ages, I figured he would know where the major ones are and how they end. Similar to how a person who commutes everyday doesn't necessarily sense the highway, as much as he is familiar with it and the direction it runs.

"Ahh, the Americana Arcana ley line runs east-west, bisecting the Egyptian Eldritch stream at Stone Henge, then we can travel south along that until it bisects with the India Karmic stream about 500 miles north of Madagascar, where we can exit the nexus and make our way to our destination."

I had assumed that is typically how he would plan his 'Ride the Ley Line' trips, though I supposed I could have clarified that a bit more in the IC post if I had thought of it last night. But looking at it now, as he isn't able to perceive his destination, I should probably purchase Accurate for the teleport.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm

That sound fine. What I was referring to is an awareness of all the key lines if the Earth just by stepping into one. A much extended version of your sense.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 am

Spent the night in the emergency room. Nothing's permanently wrong with me, but I'm tuckered out. Going to delay posting until tomorrow.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm

UPDATE: I'm going to change the name of the OoC and the IC to "Omniverse: <Campaign Name>" in preparation for when my "More Than Human" game finishes up and I open a teen-heroes game in the Omniverse setting.

I'm going to make the changes tomorrow to give everyone the opportunity to spot this post (I look for the names of my game threads, and I'm sure all of you do, as well).

Zen_Gypsy, you can go all the way to the new nexus, if you want. Let me know and I'll update the IC.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Zen_Gypsy, you can go all the way to the new nexus, if you want. Let me know and I'll update the IC.

I'm fine going right to the nexus at Madagascar, as far as long range teleport I have an idea. Maybe the base, or the ley line nexus it sits on, amplifies my ability to port to trouble spots, but when "In the field" I have to rely on more commonly known ley lines (with my expertise, I know a few north-south, east-west ones) but they might put me close to, but not right at the areas I want to travel to. Similar to a commuter knowing which highway and exit he wants and figuring it out from there.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room