Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Omniverse: When Worlds Collide (OoC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: When Worlds Collide (Recruiting Closed!)

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Vanipolis... Vanguard - Vanipolis

Yeah stupid joke I know.

My proposal still stands!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

If we're going with Vanguard, how about we take it back to the CoH homage, and call our base of operations Galaxy City, as Galaxy's Vanguard doesn't sound bad for mixing name & location.

I'm totally picturing our nemesis as a time displaced villain my old Champions GM threw at us. The first time we met him he was all like, "Ahhhh, the Zeroes, my age old enemies! At last I have you, you won't foil my plans *THIS* time!" ... and yes, we let the media dub our hero team, and therefore got stuck with what they picked and our first outing wasn't the best! But the idea that he knew our weaknesses right off when we had no clue who he was the first time, awesome.

So anyways, I had a thought that during our fight with Kronos, maybe? That he unleashed some sort of mass gravity weapon at a key location in town, we managed to evacuate the area and contain the blast, but the delivery system (a ship of some sort with an advanced power core and other technologies) survived the explosion. As it provides some limited advantage, perhaps able to track Kronos' energy emissions, giving us a warning system in the event of another attack, with the help of some sort of government body we salvage the vault and use it as base of operations. I also love the idea that it has some sort of AI computer that is part of it's original programming that we are unable to entirely get rid of, as it would eliminate the vaults ability to track a future Kronos event.
Last edited by Zen_Gypsy on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 pm

I think the Kheran invader is a cool idea, but it would probably attract the attention of Lord Kal-El and the Justice League. Kang-ish works well because even though all the heroes came together due to different clues, the entire event could have happened in a pocket of time that took less than a second to the outside world. Meaning that if the League, or Stormwatch, had no foreknowledge of the attack then they wouldn't be able to respond at all.

van·guard/ˈvanˌgärd/
Noun:
1. A group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.
2. A position at the forefront of new developments or ideas: "in the vanguard of technical development".

In case that gives some inspiration for a city name.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:
So anyways, I had a thought that during our fight with Kronos, maybe? That he unleashed some sort of mass gravity weapon at a key location in town, we managed to evacuate the area and contain the blast, but the delivery system (a ship of some sort with an advanced power core and other technologies) survived the explosion. As it provides some limited advantage, perhaps able to track Kronos' energy emissions, giving us a warning system in the event of another attack, with the help of some sort of government body we salvage the vault and use it as base of operations. I also love the idea that it has some sort of AI computer that is part of it's original programming that we are unable to entirely get rid of, as it would eliminate the vaults ability to track a future Kronos event.

Name's up to you guys, but I love this idea for two reasons.

:arrow: It gives me the chance to give you guys a base of operations that is capable of advanced detection systems for threats on Earth, and...

:arrow: The base can still be in the process of being reconstructed as your base. Meaning that there are no special Headquarters options until you purchase them with future points.

I'm going to go with that for the base of operations, because of the options presented. I'll let you guys contribute a maximum of 1 Equipment point each at creation, and can improve upon this later. It's not necessary, but does allow you to customize certain features that mesh with the future technology theme of the base.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:
van·guard/ˈvanˌgärd/
Noun:
2. A position at the forefront of new developments or ideas: "in the vanguard of technical development".

That's why I proposed Vanpolis. Perhaps Neocity? Neo from new, modern, advanced.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Evolución wrote:
Ryan M. Danks wrote:
van·guard/ˈvanˌgärd/
Noun:

That's why I proposed Vanpolis. Perhaps Neocity? Neo from new, modern, advanced.

Hmm...Maybe when the new headquarters (ship) crash landed it devastated the downtown area of a city. Every since it has been renamed to New (or Neo) <Whatever>?

Kind of like the city from Champions Online, New Millenium, I think it was. Actually, I kind of like that. Up to you guys though.

Going to look through the builds later tonight and see who hasn't finished converting to the new skills yet.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:03 pm

With the new 3:1 ratio, I can scrounge a point for the base, and an idea I have is that Xotol & Advent worked together on integrating the existing power source into a ley line. While announced as a geo thermal power source and heralded as new clean energy, it is really tapped into the quasi mystical energies that surround and pervade Millennium City.

This humming, pulsating power core, held suspended in a vast natural cavern, where there are cables and floating crystal's inscribed with glyphs and arcane runes, ripples of energy radiating outwards along the paths of the ley lines into the darkness.
Last edited by Zen_Gypsy on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:With the new 3:1 ratio, I can scrounge a point for the base, and an idea I have is that Xotol & Advent worked together on integrating the existing power source into a ley line. While announced as a geo thermal power source and heralded as new clean energy, it is really tapped into the quasi mystical energies that surround and pervade Millennium City.

Sounds good to me.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:Going to look through the builds later tonight and see who hasn't finished converting to the new skills yet.

It's on my list for tonight !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 pm

As we don't have a Super Science guy, is it possible through my combination of Artificer, Expertise: Magic & Arcane Arts, and Ritualist, to take the role of the Techy guy and be the one providing things like Communits and such to the team, with an Arcane descriptor rather than a technological one?
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:As we don't have a Super Science guy, is it possible through my combination of Artificer, Expertise: Magic & Arcane Arts, and Ritualist, to take the role of the Techy guy and be the one providing things like Communits and such to the team, with an Arcane descriptor rather than a technological one?

Sounds like you're a good person for the job, unless anyone else has other ideas. Those kinds of details I want to have a hands-off approach to. That way you guys are creating everything having to do with your characters, while I am in charge of the rest of the setting.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Character sheet updated
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 pm

It looks like everyone is done. So, for the sake of expediency, I'm going to wrap up the naming game.

IC coming up.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 pm

IC is up. If I didn't mention you, place yourself anywhere you like.

EDIT: You guys can come up with a name for the base in game. I want to get underway.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 am

I've just been calling it the Vault, though maybe we can call it the Nexus, cuz I like that too. Obviously ;)

That being said, is anyone else contributing starting character points to a group equipment fund for us to draw on for base, vehicle & comm units etc?
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room