Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Omniverse: When Worlds Collide (OoC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: When Worlds Collide (Recruiting)

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Wolverine doesn't have nearly 10 ranks of Regen imo, since out of combat healing is so accelerated in M&M, I'd say he has Protection bought with the Descriptor of rapid regen, but stuff that gets through that sticks.

A dude with a boken laid him out for a week :P
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:Wolverine doesn't have nearly 10 ranks of Regen imo, since out of combat healing is so accelerated in M&M, I'd say he has Protection bought with the Descriptor of rapid regen, but stuff that gets through that sticks.

A dude with a boken laid him out for a week :P

Depends on who is writing.

In one story, he was at the center of a massive explosion which burnt away nearly EVERYTHING but his adamantium skeleton and a FEW cells survived. He COMPLETLY regenerated form only a few CELLS in about 10 minutes.

In another story he took a few arrows to the back, and had to hide in a cave for a few days to recover.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Well as far as Regen is concerned... 10 is insane, and 5 even then is a lot. Think about it... removing a -1 penalty every or every two rounds is tremendous. Makes it near impossible to take down someone in direct combat. And a bit breaking for superheroes.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catman123456 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Heh good point. The way i envision my char. is he avoids and block at superhuman speed and when he is hit his
healing factor kicks in. Maybe in this world wolverine is the ur-example.
catman123456
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby catman123456 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:02 pm

well i decided to heed the advice and modify him

Super Soldier - PL 10

Strength 6/3, Stamina 8/4, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit, Ambidexterity, Close Attack 8, Equipment 6, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Jack-of-all-trades, Ranged Attack 9, Throwing Mastery

Skills
Athletics 5 (+11), Expertise: military 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 6 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Powers
Senses: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Infravision, Ultravision)
Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 8
Solder Enhance: Enhanced Trait 20 (Traits: Parry +6 (+12), Strength +3 (+6), Stamina +4 (+8))
Stun Punch: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16)

Equipment
Armory (Advance Goggles [Senses: Senses 4, Darkvision, Infravision, Ultravision], Assault Rifle, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Dynamite, Flash Goggles, Flash-bang, Fragmentation Grenade, Gas Mask, Mk-Custom, Restraints, Sleep Gas Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Sniper Rifle, Toolkit (Basic))

Offense
Initiative +3
Assault Rifle, +13 (DC 20)
Dynamite (DC Dog 15)
Flash-bang, +13 (DC Dog/Fort 14)
Fragmentation Grenade, +13 (DC Dog 15)
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 16)
Mk-Custom, +15 (DC 18)
Sleep Gas Grenade, +13 (DC Dog/Fort 14)
Smoke Grenade, +13 (DC 19)
Sniper Rifle, +13 (DC 20)
Stun Punch: Affliction 6, +14 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +13 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 21)

Complications
Honor: Will not use lethal force on non-combatants
Motivation: Patriotism: He believes in the values of the usa and will defend them.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12/6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 34 + Advantages 31 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 150

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by catman123456 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
catman123456
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm

VULTURION

Code name: VULTURION
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 180 lbs
Hair color: Black though he is completely bald
Eye color: Hazel
Relatives: Marcus Toomes (father, deceased), Adrian Toomes (uncle), Valeria Toomes (sister), Ramona (sister in law)

Quote: "I am not my uncle but like him, i can soar above the rest."
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:20 pm

I can change this if it does not fit in this series. In this world, Malachi survived, sent Adrian to a nursing home and modify the vulture suit. The group vulturions (go figure) does not exist.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Hybrid (working name, still thinking about a better one and working on the exact background)

STR 2
STA 7
AGL 2
DEX 0
FGT 2
INT 1
AWE 1
PRE 1

Powers
DAEMONITE:
Psionics: Array (21-point), Dynamic
• Psionic Flight: Flight 10, Dynamic • 22 points
• Scan: Senses (Detect (Minds) [Radius, Accurate, Acute, Precise, Extended 4]) Dynamic • 2 points
• Telepathy: Communication 4 (mental), Rapid, Subtle 2, Dynamic • 2 points
• Telekinesis: Move Object 10, Accurate 1, Dynamic • 2 points
• Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (force), Accurate 1, Dynamic • 2 points
Natural Telepath: Senses 2 (Mental Awareness, radius) • 2 point

HOST:
Morphology: Array (15-point)
• Intangibility: Insubstantial 3 (Neutrinos -> Phasing, but not immune to energy) • 15 points
• Density: Impervious Toughness 12, Sustained • 1 points
• Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4 • 1 points
• Shapeshifting: Variable 2 (to assume other shapes, Move Action, Precise) • 1 points

Durability: Immunity 13 (aging, critical hits, Life Support); Protection 5 • 18 points

Advantages
Language (English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Skills
Deception 14 (+15), Insight 9 (+10), Perception 11 (+12), Persuasion 2 (+3), Stealth 7 (+9), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +2
Telekinetic Blast +10 Ranged, Damage 10
Telekinesis +10, Str rank 10 for combat maneuvers
Unarmed +2 Close, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 8 Fortitude 10
Parry 8 Toughness 12
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Skills 16 + Powers 68 + Defenses 24 + Advantages 10 = Total 150

Complications
Motivation (Acceptance): Both to the public, as a new hero and to those who know his true nature, as a sample that Daemonites are not savage, power-mad and bloodthirsty.
Power Loss: Should the possession somehow be broken, the Daemonite looses access to the host's powers.
Reputation: He is a Daemonite. Those who know only know the Kheran propaganda consider them savage, power-mad and bloodthirsty.

The Daemonites are known for possessing other beings and use their powers. This one enjoyed exploring the space and tried to avoid the war and conflict. During these travels, he befriended a shapeshifter of a practically extinct race and they continued their explorations together. They were near a blue planet, when their ship was blasted by an unknown source and they had to try an emergency landing on Earth. The radiation of the blast had different, but disastrous effects on them. The Daemonite's body was poisoned by it and started to shut down the life functions, while the morphic abilities of his friend were heightened to a degree, that his malleable brain was no longer able to hold or retain any thought or memory. The only possible way to survive was to permanently possess his braindead friend, creating a new a unique hybrid creature.
Suffering some amnesia from the shock but feeling a urge to do the right things, the compound being tries to make his home on this planet, which seemed full of strange visitors.
Last edited by Walking Dad on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Cold Steel, I don't know how I feel about a 4-color hero coming from a family of villains. I guess it could be done, and adds some color, but feels pretty Iron Age-ish to me. I won't say no, but it is questionable if it would fit with the game's tone. Maybe after I see a backstory I'll be swayed?

catman123456, is that character to represent the same super soldier backstory as the other? It seems fine, but I didn't see anything bad with the first, as long as the Regeneration were brought down. Funneling the extra points into Protection, or similar defenses, could give him descriptive Regeneration.

timothy, I just glanced at it, but he looks fine from my Rapid Vision super sense. :) I'm going to do a more thorough read through of everyone once my very busy weekend is over.

Zen_Gypsy, as I said with timothy, I'm going to do a more in-depth review once my weekend is over. Been very busy the last few days.

Walking Dad, the Daemonites in this setting aren't necessarily evil, just misunderstood by the Kherans (possessing people can do that...). Their war did bring them here, but they have since had a truce, not peace, but a truce nonetheless. Lord Kal-El will certainly not enjoy your presence, although Wonder Woman won't hold such grudges as she was born on Earth and thus doesn't remember the war.

The build looks fine, but I'd like to see the Space Flight removed. I want to play on the idea that the Daemonites and Kherans are trapped here. They would need Stormwatch to get them around the universe using the Stargates, if they could return to their homeworld (Khera was destroyed, not sure about the Daemonites, yet).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby catman123456 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:24 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:catman123456, is that character to represent the same super soldier backstory as the other? It seems fine, but I didn't see anything bad with the first, as long as the Regeneration were brought down. Funneling the extra points into Protection, or similar defenses, could give him descriptive Regeneration.

I moded super soldier and the other one is a backup.
catman123456
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 am

aargh. I hate finding cool sounding games. But, then again, I have a build that could be tweaked...

What do you think of characters that have no apparent ties to the comic continuities that you are bringing in? A world where there were no superheroes as we're aware, until an Event forced them to create heroes... and now only one is left...

It doesn't have to be a parallel world, it could be an alien world where the character left after he was no longer needed... the last of his kind, looked upon awkwardly, happily funded with a public sendoff when he decided to leave...

Thoughts? I can give more detail if it sounds interesting...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Sounds interesting. I'd like some connections to the setting however, for ease of storytelling. It could be since he arrived (maybe he's affiliated with Stormwatch). Keep in mind though, most of the alien attention is going to be on the Kherans, kind of like how kryptonians are treated in DC.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Xolotl

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Xolotl, monstrous god of the dying, mischief and bad omens.

Xolotl was the twin of Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent god, creator of the fifth world, our world and was the dark personification of Venus, the evening star.
Before Quetzalcoatl's creation, there were other four, subsequently destroyed by other gods. Xolotl assisted Quetzalcoatl in his battle against the god of the dead, Mictlantecuhtli, to rescue the bones of the ancient gods and goddesses. Quetzalcoatl wanted to use the bones in a ritual to complete his creation, as humans were flawed, and needed to be improved. But Xolotl wanted to use the bone of the ancient gods to bolster himself, overrule Quetzalcoatl and create the sixth world, by eradicating the human race. The Serpent God would not take lightly the arrogance of his brother: War ensured in the land, the armies of the sibling gods clashing under the sun.

Being more powerful, Quetzalcoatl gained the upper hand in the skirmishes, forcing Xolotl to give away terrain. However, by that time, the Spaniards reached the coasts of America, and began to wage war against the people of Quetzalcoatl. Attacked by two fronts, Quetzalcoatl was weakened and forced to take a choice. He decided to terminate the more threatening enemy, and sacrificed himself to seal Xolotl forever inside the Great Temple, and strip him of his godly powers, by taking his feathered crown and his skull sceptre, separating them into hidden locations.

The effort was so intense, it left Quetzalcoatl in dying agony. His efforts have saved the world, but also, sealed with Xolotl was the fate of his people. Unchecked, the Spanish conquistadores brought the mighty Aztec empire to its knees.

When realities merged, the seal that kept Xolotl imprisoned disappeared, freeing the entity to the new world. Xolotl was not aware of the changed that had taken place, being trapped by centuries. The new world is both fascinating and aberrant to him. Believing Quetzalcoatl had finally made his creations flawless, Xolotl unleashed his fury over them, but was soon overpowered by the Avengers. His godly powers were incomplete without his staff and crown. Being the god of mischief, his wits only rivalling with Loki's, Xolotl convinced the Avengers he was rehabilitated, and has been released. He is now forced to take place in the world's defence with his aberrant powers, and kept under strict SHIELD vigilance. Meanwhile, Xolotl has a secret agenda, finding were his late brother hide his artifacts. In order to obtain them he will have to break the seals his brother set upon the artefacts. To do so he needs to perform great deeds of heroism, for only the righteous might weild the power of the Aztec gods.

Name: Xolotl Height 1.8 mts
Skin: Dry Pale Weight 70 kg
Hair: Black, tied in a braid Shape Humanoid
Eyes: Empty sockets Age: Unknown

Complications
Enemy : The god of Death is not quite pleased to see the thief of the ancient god's bones walking free again
Weakness : Radiant attacks are devastatingly effective against Xolotl
Obsession : Regain his powers
Abberant: Xolotl's appearance is not pleasant. Not at all.

Abilities ( 42 pp)
Strength 0 , Stamina 4 , Agility 3 , Dexterity 2 , Fighting 0 , Intellect 6 , Awareness 4 , Precence 2 .

Powers ( 55 pp)
- Armor of Bones ( Device : Removable: -1/5: Protection 6 ) · 5 point/s
- Eternal ( Immortality 1 : Returns after 2 weeks. ) · 2 point/s
- God's biology ( Immunity 12 : Aging, Life support, Sleep ) · 12 point/s
- God's portfolio ( Variable 7 (Necromantic spells) : Check required DC magic expertise 16, Limited: Free hands and able to speak. ) · 36 point/s

Sample spells:
- Pain of the dying ( Blast 10 : Burst area, Incurable, Insidious, Selective, Limited (living targets) ) · 32 point/s
- Terror ( Affliction 10 : Vulnerable, Compelled (run away), Paralyzed. Resisted by Will. Area Perception (Gaze), Selective ) · 30 point/s
- Grasp of the Dying ( Affliction 10 : Vulnerable,Prone, Incapacitated. Resisted by Fort. Area Shapeable, Subtle, increased range ) · 31 point/s
- Shadow form ( Alternate form : Concealment (all visual senses), Insubstantial 4, Movement (Trackless visual, Permate 1, Wall crawling, Water-walking) ) · 35 point/s

Advantages ( 9 pp)
All out attack 1 , Edietic memory 1 , Fearless 1 , Ritualist 1 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Evasion 1 , Move-by action 1 , Improved Init. 2.

Skills ( 15 pp)
Acrobatics 0 (+ 3 ), Deception 4 (+ 6 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise( Magic ) 6 (+ 12 ), Insight 4 (+ 8 ), Treatment (+ 6 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 2 ), Technology 0 (+ 6 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 2 ), Perception 4 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 4 (+ 6 ), Investigation 0 (+ 6 ), Stealth 8 (+ 11 ),

Offence
Initiative: 11
Pain of the dying + Burst area Attack for DC: 25 Range: Close area
Grasp of the Dying + Shapeable area Attack for DC: 20 Range: Ranged area
Terror + Perception Attack for DC: 20 Range: Visual Perception

Defence ( 29 pp)
Dodge: 10 Parry: : 10
Toughness: 10
Fortitude: 10
Will: 10
Last edited by Evolución on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:44 pm

So... Am I good? Because I haven't seen any comment on my character. I'm not used to that.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Ever read Strikeforce Morituri? That's the basis of this idea, and the character is reworked from my character thread from it's PL 8 version and toning down the dark look of the Predators that was originally used...

I became a “superhero” at the age of 14, some five years ago. There was nothing glorious about it, despite what the holovids tell you. But we went along with the image for the good of everyone.

When I was ten, the Va-shaak arrived. We were a peaceful people, and had recently established a world peace leaving us with little ability to defend ourselves against the aliens. But they did not simply conquer us. They occupied our world from the safety of their ships high in orbit. Our efforts to rearm and resist were met with brutal force.

But we still tried.

The Va-shaak raided and pillaged at their leisure, taking what and who they pleased. You can imagine that when news came in about a group of superhuman beings striking back that scepticism quickly gave way to hope. Hope gave way to a means to fight back when we discovered that this was a process that could give those whose genetic structures were compatible the ability to fight back on a scale that was barely imaginable.

The downside is that the power would kill us.

We took the name of Gladitori in deference to the first four who gained their powers – criminals given a second chance… We fought for two years, losing and gaining allies quickly. When an alien virus turned out to be a cure for the rejection or the metabolism that gave us our powers, we gained a kernel of the hope that we were giving to others.

Among the last generations of Gladitori, my teammates were ambushed and slaughtered, leaving me alone behind enemy lines where I spent a year in isolation and fear, trying to survive and fight against the aliens. I found pockets of people surviving and serving as sport for those Va-Shaak that wanted diversions from the real battles, from the danger of a rearmed humanity and the Gladitori. The weapons that I carry are my trophies. Trophies I won even as I fought against aliens who wore the skulls of people who had been my friends as prizes of their own.

When the war finally ended in our favour there was a great deal of rebuilding to do to our homes, cities, lives and even our values. I found that there was little place for a war-relic like me on my homeworld.

Ha.

War-Relic.

I’m 19.

The name I currently use is not the name I used as a Gladitori. I use the name that the Va-Shaak hunters used for people that they captured to stalk. I am the only of those left, and to honor all those that fell, I call myself what in your language translates as "Raptor."

Secret Origins
Raptor is an enhanced human. Although the fatality aspect of her powers has been neutralized, using extra effort scares her inasmuch as it causes symptoms like a power surge that usually preceded a burnout of the Gladitori.

His equipment, although modelled on the Predators, is actually looted for the concept and applied to the Va-Shaak in a kind of blended version of both aliens.

The notion I have to make the character fit the game concept is that the Gladitori Process is actually based on bonding Khera DNA with human DNA. On his original world, Raptor and the other Gladitori would have taken the roles and identities of several prominent heroes from

Unless it does not fit the concept of the game, I envision him as being one of very few people that are aware of the multiverse before the merge, and he keeps that knowledge to himself because he doesn't want to go back... he has come to believe that this world is far more worth the effort to protect than the remains of his own home that are still in deep shambles...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room