Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

A World Forgotten: Darkest

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm

At the very heart of California, the convoy is rolling along the highway, clear of cars by some previous group. The survivors are huddled together in their seats, some of the kids on parents laps are doing their best not to cry as the buses roll along, even Joker is silent as is the music. Atop the busses, on their stomachs and strapped on carefully, rifles in hand and ever watchful, the Law Corp perches, waiting.

The Agent had no Law Corps guards, but Python and Mole were both there to watch him. Steel chains had been applied as well as a gag not to mention a shotgun aimed rather pointedly at his face.

Slowly, at an intersection, the convoy grinds to a halt, the entire line stopping and the Law Corp switching positions, some sliding off of the roof and others climbing up, strapping themselves in and readying their rifles.

At the head of the convoy, Joker calls over the radio "Mr. Wyrd, we're here."

Before the convoy lay a sign, one that had mostly been scraped, or areas of it blocked off by walls of cars crushed into a wall with military signs marking them as unsafe routes, or gang signs marking the same, or, on one wall, a dozen military and cop corpes, multilated and strung up as a warning.

The only two open roads lead very different places, one point towards another highway, where they could continue their route through California and North into Oregan.

The other road lead down into LA...

Quick rundown. Cities are generally dangerous since larger numbers of PHR34K infectees are there, since the outbreak originally drove people into the cites, concentrating the Infectees 'Food' and making the outbreak all the harder to fight.

LA in particular was pretty bad since it had gang trouble before and it got much worse, much faster. The choice boils down to you guys to decide which route to take. At this time, you're not dangerously low on supplies, but nor are you surplus to requirements.

Begin.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 am

The Agent

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 pm

For a man that, judging from the security measures taken to restrain him, could easily kill half the planet, The Agent, whatever was his true name, was a rather pacific and relaxed prisoner. He often chit-chatted with the guards in an amicable way, and it was charming and even nice to talk to. Of course some got worried that he wa plaing mental games with the guards so the gag thing came to happen. Despite The Agent is not happy with that, he does not have another choice but to comply... For now.
He stares from Python to Mole from time to time. His hour exercise should come up soon enough.
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 pm

As Mole was sitting across from Python, he was trying to do his best to read his book "Journey to the Center of the World," for the sun was shining into the vehicle. Concentrating, Mole could see some of the smaller words in the light, but it was blurred to him. Eventually, Mole gave up for the day and placed the book on the seat beside him and tried to look around to see what all was going on after the caravan stopped.

Any Idea what's going on outside, Python? Mole asked.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby ecar369 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Shift

Adam yawned and stretched as he awoke from his nap, sluggishly looking out the window and noticing that they were stopping. Looking up ahead through the windshield, he realized why. "Guess we finally hit a crossroads, so to speak. I guess I better go have a chat with the other 'last saviors of humanity', figure out what the plan is." He gets up and heads to the bus holding their captive, knowing there's at least one of his super-powered friends back there.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
User avatar
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:53 pm

WYRD

Wyrd looked up from the novel he was reading, and put his feet down to the floor from the seat in front of them, where he had been stretching them out to recline. He over the rims of his glasses out the window, and sighed, hearing Joker's voice over the radio. Here already...Now...Decisions, decisions... He flicked a rather dirty slip of cloth between the pages, and shut the book, took his glasses off, and carefully closed them, and placed them and the book on a small bench in the bus, and stood up, straightening his dusty jacket as he did so. He strode down the aisle of the bus to the front, and grabbed the radio off it's crook. Roger that, Joker...Fate out. He sighed as the radio crackled once more when he released the button, and then turned to the door. He swung the handle to open it, and stepped down the steps, sticking his head out just to make sure. He took a minute or so to make sure he was aware of the surroundings, and ready for any nasty surprises. He then took a step out, and saw Shift rushing to the fifth bus. He nodded to the Law Corps bearing the heat of the sun on the roofs of the buses, then said to Shift as he passed by, Don't be in such a hurry, Shift. Come on, I'll walk wit' ya to the others. He walked along side Shift, and rapped on the door of the fourth bus, seven times in rapid succession. The door swung open, and Wyrd stepped inside, and looked around. So...How is he? he asked Python, gesturing with his head to the bound and gagged man, tied to the chair in the cell that took up much of the room in the back of the bus.
Taking 10 on a Notice check, as I walk around, if I see anything strange or important, and also for any bogey's on my Mental Sense. I would roll just once, but since InvisibleCastle seems to hate me and won't work for me, I am just taking 10 on the check for a total check of 30. :D
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 pm

You notice nothing out of the ordinary, beyond the faint stench of rotting flesh from the dangling corpses and a could of bullet holes in the ashphalt here and there but old holes, worn and chipped with age and weather.

By the way, Joker is waiting on Wyrd since there is a decision to make. Already!
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 am

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 pm

WYRD

Not waiting for Python's reply, he turns to everyone, and then speaks, as well as projects his thoughts to the other powers (Agent being the exception). You all know the drill...We have a decision to make. Do we take a sojourn in LA, where we could get supplies, but brave sure danger and put the civilians at risk, or do we continue north? Wyrd wanted their input on the matter. He had an idea about what needed to be done, but wanted to hear the other's thought's about it first. Of course, he could read their minds and see what the felt about the matter before asking the question, but Wyrd always felt like an intruder whenever he did so, and preferred to ask permission, or ask his questions aloud.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I have an idea. Mole said after Wyrd finished. Shift and I could head out to LA and scout out a little while we stay here for the night. And when we return, we'll tell you the heads up on LA. Any problems with this, Wyrd? Mole continued.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 pm

WYRD

Wyrd thought about that for a second or two. He understood the dangers of the cities, and remembered that Los Angeles was in a pretty bad shape with gang troubles even before all of this happened. It would be wise to send scouts out, but he didn't want anyone hurt...then again, Mole could escape underground before anyone could catch him, and Shift could just warp his way out of trouble...The plan was sound, and he was glad for the alternative to his plan. He had originally thought of scouting it out himself with Python, but Mole's plan was better. Make it so. he said aloud, nodding to Shift and Mole. Then as an afterthought, he said, O, and Mole? make sure you don't blind yourself when you go out...the sun is still up, and we don't have the time to wait till dark. He turned to look at the rest, to gauge their reactions, then continued speaking to the two of them. We shall keep in touch via psychic connection, as usual...you both know the drill. Don't be seen, don't be found. Search and reconnaissance...and stay out of trouble
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Aye, aye, captain! Ready when you are, Shift. Mole said as he felt his way outside of the bus.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby ecar369 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:06 am

Shift

"You got it boss-man" Adam said, mock saluting. He cracked his knuckles loudly as he stepped off the bus after Mole. "Ya know, I really do just love being in the front line. Come on Dig-Dug, I'll be you're seeing-eye badass." he added sarcastically.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
User avatar
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 am

Assuming you teleport there and then....


The streets are quiet, littered with broken down cars, broken guns from the militaries attempt to keep the city under control, as well corpses here and there, rotted to bones or picked clean by teeth.

The buildings tower over the pair of you, foreboding, windows shattered and some scorched from the fires of the riots so long ago.

Graffiti is everywhere, marking the buildings with gang tags, some of which are crossed out with what looks like dried blood, smeared on thick with human hands.

Does Moles tremorsense use the notice Skill? Or is it just tremor sense?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 am

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Does Moles tremorsense use the notice Skill? Or is it just tremor sense?


Yes it can if I want to see anything moving in the area.


Upon arriving, Mole immediately takes off one of his gloves and touches the tarred ground to see if he notices anything moving around the two.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744300/

A 24 total for Notice.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 pm

There nothing anywhere within your range, nothing giving off any kind of tremor. The city feels so empty, it's a little terrifying, like the skeleton of a dread beast, it looks terrifying but at the same time so worthless.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 am

Re: A World Forgotten: Darkest

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:54 pm

There's nothing around that I can sense, but be on your guard to be safe. Mole warned Shift. Mole then takes position underground up to the bottom of his rib cage.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Next

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests