Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

High Fantasy Adventure - Original Setting

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: High Fantasy Adventure - Original Setting

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Looking forward to it!
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nineofspades » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Based on the time, Epic should be coming with details soon!
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby EPIC » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Okay, some informations! OOoOoOooooOOoOooOoooooooOOOOOOoooooo....oooo....o.....

Um, yeah.....moving on.

The World: The world is largely uninhabited for it's vast size That said, the population isn't that small either. There are vast sweeps of beautiful landscape untouched by mortal hands of any race, though there are a number of vast cities as well with small settlements and villages dotting the land. Your average asianic-themed setting has good examples for this; The Forbidden City(Jackie Chan and Jet Li), Exhaulted, Inu-Yasha and so on.

Cities vary from race to race, each representing its people well. Each race tends to have a few major capital cities, then many small villages and smaller settlements dotting their lands.

The Races: This is the tricky part, because races have a lot more to them than simple descriptions. They have culture and traditions, more than just their mechanical abilities you'll need to know about for playing one, but I'll try to give a basic rundown for now, and if this takes off, I'll make a setting thread eventually.

The Blaedier: Whoever played in my Soul Frequency game will notice a similarity in this race, but in truth, that game was based on this race, not the other way around. In the ancient tongue "Blaedier" means "Those of the Sword". Their racial ability is their Soul Weapon, a weapon created of their crystallized soul that they can summon and dismiss at will. They obtain this weapon in a ritual ceremony known as the 'Soul Forging' when they come of age.

Blaedier are known as skilled warriors, and even despite their soul weapons, are also known for their craftsmanship of weapons. They function in a caste system of Guardian, Knight, Tyrant and Lord, based on psychology of the individuals who fall naturally into one of those castes. I'll get into castes more if I make the setting thread.

They appear human with dusky mid-toned dark skin with light colored hair. They sport a gem on their chest with eyes of the same color of that gem. The gems are significant, housing the souls of the Blaedier and are a trophy among other races, though displaying one before a Blaedier is reason enough to call a duel of honor.

The Lunari: Also known as the Beastmen or Wildlings. In their natural state, they appear human with pale skin with a few obvious beastial traits, namely their eyes and ears and tail. Lunari live in various tribes based on the wild animal families (Not gonna list them all, the important thing to know is the Myth Tribe are the overall leaders of the Lunari and preside over a council of representatives of the other tribes)

Their racial ability is taking on a hybrid and full form of their tribal totem. Of course, each tribe has a number of animal types within it (Felines for example have Lions, Tigers, Leopards, etc, large hunter cats), but obviously each tribe has it's sort of specialty, again which I won't exactly get into right now.

As mentioned, they are known as Wildlings with good cause. They live amongst nature and tend to have a more 'savage' leaning towards them. Not that they are vicious or unintelligent, more like the native americans when Europe found the Americas(Which the race is actually based on)

That's all for right now. I picked up Mugen Souls today and wanna try it some before bed time O-o

There are a few more races; The Techen(A race of people who have mastered the art of magi-technology and have turned themselves into a sort of race of magical cyborgs), The Wingly(A race of, shock, winged people, but the wings are more than the simple feathered or leathery things you may be thinking,but each set of wings is as unique as a Blaedier's Soul Weapon), and of course humans.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Nineofspades » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm

The World: The world is largely uninhabited for it's vast size That said, the population isn't that small either. There are vast sweeps of beautiful landscape untouched by mortal hands of any race, though there are a number of vast cities as well with small settlements and villages dotting the land.

Sounds Vast indeed :P
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby EPIC » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Well, the idea I'm going for is massive battles. Not just small centralized battles with no movement. Huge enemies, stuff like that. Again, going for over the top in terms of action. Not overpowered, but over the top.

It's a tough distinction sometimes.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

A pity you stopped. I was enjoying the read!

Learning more about the Techen and Wingly would be nice, but I like the Blaediers. They remind me of Union from Wildstorm Comics, what with the gem in the chest and the "soul" weapon. I always liked him.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nineofspades » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm just teasing you. Sounds pretty nice to me. Definatly can see the influence from Exalted
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Posting definite interest. Thinking of playing a stereotypical black mage type. You know, a bit like Black Mage Evilwizardington? I have some character ideas already...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby EPIC » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Posting definite interest. Thinking of playing a stereotypical black mage type. You know, a bit like Black Mage Evilwizardington? I have some character ideas already...

Don't get too ahead of yourself. I haven't explained magic at all yet.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am

The Lunari certainly sound like something i could work with!
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby zeone3000 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 pm

EPIC wrote:Don't get too ahead of yourself. I haven't explained magic at all yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=angi1vwUkQc

In all seriousness, need moar!
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm at work so my postimg ability is limited.

Magic is based on the concept of gates, which take the form of magical glyph that allow energy to be converted and subjugated by the will. There are five gates; Arcane, Celestial, Infernal, Wild amd Shadow.

Arcane is raw energy, Celestial is creation, Infernal is entropy, Shadow is illusion and Wild is elements and nature.

There is more to it than that, but those are the prime essense from each gate. One lets forth the energy, then binds it to thier will. That said gives much freedom as the power and imagination of the conjurer, but each gate has lmits of whag it may do.

Wild may use what elements are available, but may not create them, Arcane can generate energy, but not destroy it. And so on and so forth.

So there's no real black mage types.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm

That sounds fun. Are you going to have "classes" as such, or can anyone be a warrior/scout/rogue mage? Or just a mage/mage?

From the very little we know, I'd be interested in playing a Union style Blaedier with access to Arcane energy. Again, assuming my interpretations of the tiny bit of information we've been given is correct.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nineofspades » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm curious to know more about the Wingly race, since I think thats the one I'm going to look into playing.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 pm

All of the races sound fascinating. Can't t wait to hear more.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room