Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby Plan B » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Tarkus

"I'm sure between the two of them they'll have it figured out before long. But tell more about those bandits, where did they attack? and how many of them were there?"

"Hopefully they can be dealt with before anyone gets hurt."
Tarkus asked far more intrested in bandits than dead livestock.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm

John stepped away from his wife and walked to the side with the warriors. She stood by with the others. Everyone was still in earshot of each other. The move seemed more instinctive, like he subconsciously wanted his former military life to be separate to his current life as a farmer.

"There were eight bandits," he began his debriefing report. "Three carried longswords, two had large crossbows and the others were armed with what looked like sickles. But they weren't farmers, no sir. They moved those things with practiced precision, like nothing I'd ever seen before. By Balthazar, those things aren't weapons, but they sure did use them as such."

He looked to his wife near the cart. "It was luck I was able to fend them off. They came at us no more than a mile outside of the village, after we departed. They were lying in wait. If it wasn't for the gorge, and my horse's adrenaline giving her a burst of speed - none of the bandits were mounted - we would be long dead. When I saw you, I thought they had sent a rider for cavalry backup. I'm glad to see that wasn't the case."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Plan B » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 am

Tarkus

Tarkus sighed"Take the cart and your lady to Redmont, tell the sheriff."

Tarkus dismounted from his horse"The road is safe, we'll continue on foot. Hopefully we'll have this sorted before long."
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am

MAGUS

Mags got up from the mule, still curious, but knowing that staying by it would be unwise. He got bak on the cart, and wistfully looked back to see the couple heading in the opposite direction. Hopefully... he said wistfully under his breath.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Kroonin'

"Right! If'n there's naught else we kin learn from tha mule, les go see about these bandits." Kroonin says, crawling up into the cart.

"Hey, maybe I an another kin hide under this tarp back here, maybe we dress Galo like a woman, an we surprise tha bandits."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 pm

"I could dress like a woman." Umnir said, raising his hand. "Couriers are masters of disguise."

He leaned over and nudged Tarkus. "That is, unless our fearless leader would prefer to do the honors."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Kroonin

The dwarf titters at the thought of Tarkus in a dress.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 pm

John waves the young group goodbye and returns to packing the things that he and his wife can carry. He's sure that someone will come take the rest before he can recover it. Even if the heroes he just acquainted himself with are able to clear out the bandits, a cart full of hay was valuable to any farmer, and few of them had reason to value honor like a knight would.

The distraction didn't take up much of the traveler's time, and they found themselves at their destination just after noon. The village of Dusthaven was decently up kept, and even featured a tiny inn with what looked to be three or four rooms. As they passed through, the few villagers that were around, most were working in the fields at this time, stared blankly at the young heroes.

Ahead of them, down the road and on dry stretch of land on the other side of the village, lay a pile of cattle carcasses. There was more than one horse sticking out of the tall pile as well. Three farmers were busying themselves with the task of burning them.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am

MAGUS

Magus tried to stop himself from lodging his nose at the burning cattle. He dearly wished they wouldn't burn the beasts, but the corpses would rot, and burning them would alleviate the terrible smell. But the evidence...well there would always be evidence. He tried to see if the cattle corpses had the same aura signature as John's mule. If it was, then something was causing these deaths. If they weren't, well, maybe he could learn something more...

taking 10 on a perception check.
10+11=21
Edit: that is a perception check with my Mystic Senses active, so not only am I searching for the out of the ordinary but magical traces/auras as well.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Tarkus

"Excuse me, i would like to speak with who ever is charge." Tarkus said loudly and clearly, in an adamant tone.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Galowyn

The elf lowers his brows considerably, noticeably affected by such a scene of death. He keeps himself silent, standing close behind Tarkus, Elven senses on full alert.

ooc wrote:Perception roll 1d20+10=23
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

The farmers stop working and look at the new arrivals. One of them had a hint of recognition and leaned into the other one. He tried to speak quietly but was breathing hard from his work and the words came out louder than he wanted.

"That's the baron's boy, and I recognize the dwarf from the Weeping Willow."

The farmer who listened to this nodded and stepped forward. "Sir, Arald, is it? No one is really in charge here. We volunteered as a service to the rest of the village. These things rotting out here in the sun is making things unlivable in town."

While the farmer talked, Magus could sense a large aura emanating from the giant pile of the cattle and horse carcasses. It was the very same as the one he had sensed in John's mule. Seeing it more clearly now, he could detect it for what it was, a magical disease, most likely unnatural in origin, although he couldn't be sure.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Kroonin

"Aye, tha's good. Fine work there. Important. Ye all are doin a fine job of it. It's not like thay give out knighthoods fer this sort-a thing. But if they did, you'd all deserve it." Kroonin says, once more showing that the 'bard' didn't actually know much about talk to people despite his years with the inn owner.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 pm

"Nice of you to say so," the farmer said with a nod to the dwarf.

"It's an inexplicable thing," he continued. "They all just started dying a few days ago. It started with one or two, but yesterday half a herd just dropped dead."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 pm

"Aye," the other farmer said. "And with those bandits attacking people on the road, it's a dangerous time around here indeed."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room