Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Umnir glares at the man suspiciously. "Take the reins, Kroonin," he whispers to the dwarf, as he hands him the reins. "I'm going to get a closer look at this man."

Umnir slips out the back of the cart and into the forest bordering the road. He slinks towards the man, ducking behind trees whenever the man takes a passing glance into the forest.

Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Kroonin

His hammer clatters to the bottom of the cart as he drops it to take the reins. Either that or let the cart run off the road into mud. "Gah, Burf dethik meinre Bostashin!" he curses in the Dwarvish tongue.

He pulls in the reins to bring the horse and cart to a stop. "Woah there ye old nag. Sit, sit I say!"

"Magus, how do ye make em.... park?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Plan B » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:47 am

Tarkus

"I am Sir Tarkus of Redmond these are my men, your cart is blocking the road, unless you require our assistance, we'll move it off road and be on our way. Mr?" Tarkus explained largly unphased be the man, cart or is companions paranoia.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 am

MAGUS

Don't ask me...horses aren't my area of expertise... Magus said, shrugging. He turned too watch Tarkus and Galowyn approach the man. He hoped there wouldn't be trouble, but the ,man was clearly suspicious of them, and he wished that Tarkus and Galowyn would be careful.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm

The man relaxed his grip on the knives and straightened his body, standing tall on top of the cart. The group was now within close enough proximity to carry on a conversation, and getting closer by the second. The man jumped off the cart and walked towards them, dropping the knives off on the cart as he did so.

"Tarkus? Would that be Tarkus Arald, then?" The man asked. "Honey, come on out. We're fine. It's the baron's boy."

A very pretty woman, about fives years younger than the middle-aged man, cautiously walked from behind the cart.

"I'm sorry, milord," the man said. "We were harassed by bandits a few miles back and I thought they were coming back to try again. When our horse died for no good reason, the misses got on edge and she done got myself all riled up as well."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 am

Umnir listens from behind a tree. After hearing their story, he considers introducing himself, but doesn't want to be mistaken for a bandit. Besides, they could be lying, so he keeps his hand on his dagger, just in case.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 am

Kroonin

The situation seems calm enough, Kroonin passes the reins to the Magus and jumps down.

"Yer pony died? Might be related to all tha cow deaths we're here to see to. Mind if I take a look? Oh, I'm Kroonin' by tha way. Who might you be?" The dwarf asks bluntly.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:04 am

Tarkus

"That is unfortunate, we'll have to deal with soon, where were you attacked? was anyone hurt? how many of them were there? " Tarkus asked in the same breath clearly angered. Before composing himself.

"Pardon me, i suggest that you accompany us to the nearest village. And tell me about it on the way." Tarkus continued before turning to the others.

"Magus you may want to check the mule for Hexs or whatever, afterwards Galowyn give Kroonin a hand shifting that mule. "
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 am

Umnir groans quietly to himself. He slinks through the trees back onto the cart.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 pm

MAGUS

Wait! Magus cried as Kroonin thew the reins to him. He fumbled with them for a second or two, then put them gently and slowly on the cart, and tried to get down from the cart without upsetting the rather skittish horse. He heard Tarkus call him, and hurried over, and knelt by the mule, grumbling about not being good with animals. He checked it for anything strange, then tried to determine if the mule was in fact afflicted by some sort of magic of sorts.

Insight: 1d20+9 = 14
Expertise: Arcane: 120+9 = 17
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3753380/I accidentally rolled them twice, sorry. I'm still trying to learn how to use invisble castle effectively.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Kroonin

Tale 10 (or 20) on Treament for a 15 (or 25) to examine the Pony for cause of death
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 pm

The farmer stepped back and let Kroonin and the Magus move past while he continued his conversation with the warriors.

"I heard a battleschool graduation just took place. Were you one of them?" He said to both warriors. "I remember when I graduated. Of course, Olin Tiberius wasn't a captain at the time. In fact, he graduated a year after I did..."

The farmer's voice trailed off as he noticed the appearance of Umnir. He looked suspiciously at the rogue, realizing that he hadn't spotted him before and noting the fact that a potential threat had gotten so close before detection.

At the horse, the Magus's arcane searching turned up a feint signature that was only slightly different from that of a normal life sign. Kroonin's searchings picked up a frothing at the mouth, which spoke to something affecting the horse internally.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:11 pm

MAGUS

Magus squinted, trying to make out the faint aura signature about the creature. He wasn't to sure what it was, but it was strange. He couldn't tell if that strangeness was normal or not, but something was definitely off about the creature's aura. He wondered if it was a normal aura for a mule, but there weren't too many mules at the castle, and Magus wasn't too sure what the normal aura of a mule was. He figured it could be simply changing as the creature died and the aura was dying as well, or something had affected the creature. Either way, something was definitely strange about the mule's aura, and Magus was stumped as to what. The creature's aura is strange...I don't know if what I'm seeing is normal for a mule, or whether something is afflicting it, but whatever is wrong with this mule, I have never seen before... He said aloud to the others, watching the aura, trying to see if the aura lingered after the mule died, and if it didn't how it would change. Who knew, maybe the aura's of living creatures changed in the same way as they died, and observing this creature as it lay there may offer some insight into the way that mystic energies changed as a being died. He turned to the others, and asked How exactly did the mule become like this? Did it show signs of death, or stumble on the path, or something else? I need the details, if I am to be sure...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Kroonin

"It were something inside, I say, but I didnae see discoloration to suggest poisoning or disease. How were the creature acting? Did ye notice sweat or rancor from him?"

Kroonin thinks a moment.

"An, ye've not introduced yerself, Good Sir, I note."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:10 pm

"Oh, yes," he stutters. "My apologies. My name is John Airingston. I own a spit of land in the village up the road. I was coming to Redmont to pick up supplies."

He looks down at the horse. "He's been acting very tired the last mile or so. I didn't know what to think of it so I got off to unstrap him for a minute and he started frothing at the mouth and shaking violently. Seconds later, he was dead. I don't know what happened to him. He seemed fine when we left the village. But then, this is exactly what's been happening to cattle up in that region. Very peculiar, I say."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room