Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Kroonin

The dwarf finds himself sobering up quickly. "Okay, fine. And small man, watch your tongue. I've known the knight here lots longer than yerself." he calls to the ascending man. "Tarkus is neither of those accusations, and by saying so, you show you lack the attribute you claimed."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 pm

"Excellent!" The baron says, standing up. "A round of drinks for our future heroes!"

Until now, Tarkus thought his father was patronizing him for making this quest sound more difficult than it was, now he realized the baron was just drunk. He walked away, slapping Sir Tiberius on the shoulder and ordering for his horse to carry him back to Redmont Castle.

Close up the night and make whatever preparations you need in the morning. Go ahead and meet each other inside the walls of Castle Redmont to receive your horses and venture off on your quest in the morning.

(Umnir left a perfectly good inn, if he was looking for a place to sleep :shock:.)
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Kroonin
hp1lp1

"By Hammer an Anvil! Wot's up his arse? Ye weren't sayin' his idea was without merit, only tha' you were handling it." He exclaims.

"That bein' said, Tark, I've no skill with horses. Unruly beasts, and so dang tall. A stout pony fer me, or a cart or somesuch. Or my own two feet, 'll do in a pinch. Meet ye in tha mornin'."

Kroonin walks home with only a little bit of stagger to tell his father of the Baron's quest for him and his companions.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Umnir returns through the door. A flood of humility showered over him.

"Pardon my temper, Sir Tarkus." Umnir says, hanging his head low. "Contempt is a quality unfitting of a Courier."

He turns to tavernkeep Wilhelm. "I would be honored to take rest in your fine tavern. Please forgive me for the scene I caused."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Wilhelm nods, takes his fee and slides you the key to the second room on the right.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Plan B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Tarkus

"Apology accepted Umnir, clearly you're tired from your journey, hopefully a good nights sleep will improve you dispostion." Tarkus said, before turning to Kroonin "I'll bear it in mind Kroonin, now if you'll excuse me, i'll make sure the Baron doesn't terrorise the village too much before finding his bed." and necked his ale, before leaving.

THE NEXT MORNING

Tarkus awoke early, and after some early morning training and breakfast saw about finding transport for his allies for his up coming "quest". After a short discussion he arranged use of the millers horse and cart.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Umnir takes the key and unlocks the door to his room. Before retiring for the night, he turns to the group gathered in the tavern.

"I look forward to traveling with all of you."

He closes the door and locks it. He collapses on the bed, his tired, slightly drunk mind swimming with the next morning's quest, and where his dear mentor has gone. Slowly, he drifts off to sleep...

THE NEXT MORNING

Umnir flutters his eyes open groggily. The sun is still low in the sky. Umnir manages to drag himself out of his bunk and onto the floor. He ties his cloak around his tunic, and grabs his belt, which holds his dagger and darts. He steps out of his room and into the main hall of the tavern.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm

MAGUS

Hmmn...I shall see you all in the morning then. Magus says to the others, yawning a bit. He tries to avoid the drunkards stumbling about in the tavern as he made his way to the door. He didn't need to wait for Mistress Aislin, she was most likely...preoccupied. He hurried over to the castle, where his rooms were. He nodded to the tired, yet vigilant, guards at the gates, and rushed to the door at the side, which led to a narrow stone corridor, ending in a tight spiral staircase. He hurried up the stairs, heaving a bit from the strain, lacking the physical stamina to climb easily, for he was a magician, and wasn't exactly like Galowyn. He cursed the fact that he had been out so late, and the easier, smoother stairs up were already locked for the night. At last, he reached the library level. He opened the tall, heavy doors, and relished in the musky scent of the old books kept there. He located the one he needed, and opened it to a page book marked by a strip of cloth. He read the pages, and tried to commit them to memory. They detailed the creation of an augur's bones, enchanted bones that would allow the user to momentarily ascertain their fate. He researched the spell intensively, then decided that it was time to start the ritual. He took a couple sheep bones from a jar in a cupboard, and then sprinkled some salt and iron shavings over the bones, and soaked them in chickens blood. He dried the bones, then inscribed sigils upon them, and chanted mystic arcane phrases as he did so, imbuing the bones with power of divination and foresight. He didn't want to test out the bones, assured that he had completed the ritual carefully and correctly, and left the library, carefully carrying the bones in a pouch, closing the door gently. He ascended a few more flights to his level in the tower, and walked down the short hall to his room in the castle. It was small, compared to the other chambers in the castle, but it was high in the tower, affording him a grand view, and it was cozy and warm, with the convenience of a hearth. Magus disrobed, and slipped under the thin blankets over his meager mattress, and stared at the ceiling, hands behind his head, wondering what the next day' would bring.

NEXT MORNING

Magus woke up to the cockrel's crows, the sun's rays making shafts over his face. He rose, stretching his bones lazily, and scratching his chin as he yawned. He rarely woke up late...he should have been more attentive. BUt he was tired from the casting the previous night, and he slowly got up, stetching his back as he did so, another yawn escaping him. He spotted the robes he had left at the foot of his bed, and snatched them up. He wore a fresh set of clothes, then slipped into his robes. He felt for the hidden sleeve with the elven blade concealed within, a gift from one of the sylvan wizards, and then took an account of his belongings. He took up his pack of supplies, his scroll cases (who knew if he would need them), and turned to leave. Then a nagging thought drew him to double back, and he snatched the pouch with the bones. Never know if these might come in handy. Magus then hurried down the flight of stairs, and rushed to the courtyard, hoping he was not too late to meet up with the others.

Expertise:Arcane Check for the ritual: 120+9: 16+9=25
which is a pass for a ritual that creates the bones for an Augury spell. The bones are basically Senses 4 (Precognition) [flaws: Limited(general fate, such as weal, woe, danger, fortune, happiness, ease, death, rather vague), Quirk(Takes a standard action to cast and read)]
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 am

Kroonin

Dulf was up late hammering at a set of coops needed for the ale barrels when Kroonin stumbled in. The young dwarf sobered quickly upon seeing the half-amused, half-stern look from his father. Kroonin explained the task set before the village youths and Dulf nodded. The grey-bearded dwarf understood the younger's lust for adventure, for the stuff that made songs and tales. He lamented that he'd only gotten a few short years with his son but he knew that this was important to him. So much his mother's son.

The restraint on Dulf's stoicism broke down after a short amount of time and his hugged his son fiercely. Kroonin blushed but returned the hug giving promises that he'd return. After an amount of time where both dwarfs agreed that ash from the forge must be thick in the air, Kroonin departs to sleep.

ON THE MORROW

Kroonin wakes early and girds himself for adventure.

The others will see him, heavy laden, bearing a large cask of ale on his back.

"Will we like be no more'n a day? Or should I get t'other? Oh, and do ye lot want anythin'?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby bi0philia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Galowyn
Condition- slight hangover

Galowyn is awoken early the next morning by the owner of the inn. Having had a bit too much to drink the previous night in celebration, the young elf had passed out right on one of the tables. Slightly groggy but able to remember his commitment to Tarkus and his other friends, Galowyn did his best to quickly regain his composure. Thanking the innkeeper for his hospitality, he leaves a bit of money by the bar and fills up his tankard on the way out. Nothing quite like hair of dog before training. After a short stint of exercise at the battleschool grounds, and a quick stop by his parent's home to pick up his traveling pack and tell his mother and father fare thee well, He arrived inside the courtyard of the castle, where most of the others were already gathering. " What a night last night huh?" he says with a smile and slight elbow jab towards Kroonin." We ready to begin our legacy or what?"
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Kroonin
hp1lp1

Kroonin releases an 'oof' of effort when elbowed in the ribs. The ale sloshes around in it's cask and he staggers a little with it. Far be it from him to admit the elf was stronger than he, but it was true, the warrior's greatsword practice did much to fill out the other man's muscles even compared to his dense dwarven ones.

"Aye, tis true, we'll be immortalized in song. An' I should know... I'll write em." Kroonin smiles fiercely.

He recognizes the miller's wagon and, after confirming it was for them, sets the cask in it. He purses his lips, trying to decide if he should go back for the other cask.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby bi0philia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Galowyn

The elf rubs the back of his neck and ponders if perhaps he jabbed Kroonin a bit too hard, but soon forgets his concern and laughs at his dwarven friend's comment about the songs to come. He helps Kroonin with the cask and makes sure it's stable in the miller's cart. Stepping back and adopting the same stance and pursed lips as the dwarf, he joins him in his pondering. "Only one cask? Hopefully this doesn't take too long." he laughs then leans down slightly "If'n you have another one you're pondering on, I could help you carry it up here friend, Might make those songs more robust, Although i'm not sure if our pious friend Tarkus would object."
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Umnir steps out of the tavern to behold a cart with a horse strapped to it. He laughs.

"And to think, that callous cavalier scoffed at my idea of a horse and cart, only to use it anyway!"
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Kroonin

"No, he scoffed when you said to hitch *his horse* up to a cart, Umnir. He's very protective of Thunder, an fer good reason. Tha's no common plough horse, tha' one, mind you proper." Kroonin corrects the discourteous courier.

"Aye, a second cask will do us good, I think. That way, the rest of you lot can have a sip or two..." he smiles again.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Kroonin

When picking up the second cask, Kroonin can't help but mumble his concerns to the elf. "In tha span of half a day, tha' fellow's called Tarkus 'zealous', 'bloodthirsty', and 'callous'. Galo, ye said ye knew him upon a time. Is there a good an proper reason why my next concert shouldna be pounded out on his head fer insulting our friend?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room