Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 pm

The Baron's skepticism grew more on his face. "No, I'm not sure you all grasp the situation. It is a dangerous job I present before you, and you are all taking to it so easily."

He pauses for a moment, taking stock of reactions. Laying it on a bit thick, there, he thinks. Straightening up and removing the half-joking squint he maintained a moment ago, the Baron addresses the graduates as more adults would be addressed.

"In all seriousness, this job I have for you is not all that perilous, but it is important. I need a unit to investigate dead cattle in the two nearby villages. Supposedly there are no signs of the beasts being killed, but dead they are, nonetheless. If you agree, and I would be grateful if you did, you would be doing a great deed for the king."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm

"I can easily scout out this situatuion, Baron," says Umnir smugly, "but a Courier never does anything for free. What will be my reward?"
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:10 pm

The Baron looks at Umnir questionably. "Why, your undying loyalty to the crown you've sworn to protect, as a King's Courier, should demand that exercising such loyalty be its own reward. Should it not?"
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Tarkus

"Your mother lives in one of the villages hit, to memory." Tarkus said flatly putting down his flaggon. "She'll want to see after all those years in the city."
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:42 pm

MAGUS

Magus pondered the mission carefully. On the surface, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Just a check up to see why some cattle are dead. If its of natural causes, then they could just come back home. Then the nagging doubt crept into Magus' thoughts. But what if it's not natural...Then we would have to contend with what has been killing cows... Magus' face contorted with worry, but knew that he was bound to his word. He sighed, and said, We have accepted, and thus we shall obey. He turned to the others. Shall we make plans for our departure?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:45 pm

"Well, I suppose the visit would be a reward, in a way..." Umnir says, a hint of dissapointment in his voice. "Very well. For His Majesty's glory, I shall accept the quest."

He turns to Galowyn, the only one of the group who hasn't spoken up. "What about you? Or does a quest not involving goblin-slaughter leave you uninterested?"
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Tarkus

"Meet up in the morning, ride out the villages, talk to people, look at the cows. Then figure it out from there. Not everything needs a complicated plan, Magus" Tarkus said grabbing another flaggon.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:56 pm

MAGUS

That's not what I meant! Magus exclaimed, a little irritated. I meant where shall we meet up? What should we bring? What should we pack for? And how are we going to get there, because I'm sure that some of us do not have horses...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

"Well, I assume food is a given for supplies..." says Umnir, considering the tavern's ale as a travel drink. "As for travel, perhaps we could hitch Tarkus's horse to a cart that we could all ride in. And as for a meeting place, I propose we all meet up back here at the Weeping Willow."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Tarkus

"Not going to happen. We'll meet here say mid-morning and i'll sort something." Tarkus glowered at Umnir.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 am

Kroonin
hp1 lp1

"Dead Cows?! All this o'er some steaks-to-be?" Kroonin says before belching. "Certainly, ma mother's kin fight the frozen shambling monstrosities o' tha North and I get... Dead Cows. The Great Stone Father is having a laugh at my expense I'm certain of it."

"Fine, we can look into yer cow problem. I've learned a bit o' tha healing arts, maybe tis a disease to be treated. Or some crafty wolf."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 am

"What do you suggest, then?" Umnir asks, raising an eyebrow. "That we walk miles to our destination while you ride comfortably atop your mighty steed, O Great Sir Tarkus?"

By this time, Umnir has noticed Mistress Artemis's dissappearence. It does not worry him. Couriers respect the private missions of other Couriers. He knows she meant no offense in leaving. Whatever mission she has embarked on, he is certain she will return to him.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 am

Tarkus

"Did i not say, i would sort something. Perhaps your training in Paladin should have included tact and benefits of listening. " Tarkus sneered at Umnir, who he was tempted to let try and hitch Thunder to a cart, the trampling he'd get would probably do the fool a world of good. He took a long drink of his ale.

"Important, isn't always the same as glorious Kroonin, they lose enought cattle they'll be looking starvation in winter. If its effecting multiple steads i doult it'll be anything simple."
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bi0philia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Galowyn

The young elf finds himself lost in ale-enhanced illusions of grandeur for a moment and is content to dwell on this in silence for a moment. Exhaling finally he nearly sighs, but listens to Tarkus' talk of important versus glorious and decides he's correct." We'll meet in the morning then."
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Umnir grumbles. "Very well. Listen to the zealous, bloodthirsty knight rather than the cunning Courier. I'll see you all in the morning then." He heads for the door, still unsure of where he will rest for the night.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room