Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Umnir chuckles. "Magus. His parents must have had his career pegged."

Umnir motions for another drink. "Kroonin, you work for a truly talented man. This beer is finer than any that I've tasted in Paladin."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Galowyn

Galowyn makes his way toward the table where his friends resided, tankard in hand. He was dressed handsomely in his father's graduation gift, and was getting quite a bit of favorable attention in the masterwork armor. His face was blushed red in comparison to his pale skin and ashen blonde hair. His ears felt not quite right, his equilibrium down the drain as his last three or six drinks had went down the hatch. Galowyn had a hard time counting while celebrating. He finishes his drink and arrives at the table as the young barmaid arrived with Tarkus's round of drinks. "Cheers Tarkus, my generous friend, the day is ours!" he shouts and receives echoed hurrahs from the crowd, much to the young elf's pleasure." See? I tell no lies!" he goes on, the ale and the rare chance to relax from his intense training clearly coloring his actions. In a further display of excess he plants a steamy kiss upon the barmaid before choosing a tankard from her tray and plopping down in a seat beside his dwarven friend. Galowyn waves kindly to the blushing bar maid who had began to make her way back to the kitchen. " Damn fine performance you had there Kroonin. Moving, sincerely." he claps the dwarf on the back and turns his attention to Magus and his hardly touched drinks." Come Magus, there will be time for your studies and discipline but tonight isn't the time, nor shall the morning be, lest you have a hangover cure in that weighty tome of yours. Drink my friend! Well clip my ears and call me a pig farmer, is that Umnir? Goodness friend I haven't seen you since we were children, what a celebration this is. Cheers!" With that rambling concluded he raises his tankard again waiting a moment for the satisfying clank from his peers before taking a healthy gulp of his ale.
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:29 pm

"Galowyn!" shouts Umnir, raising his pint. "You look rather well-armored for an elf. Been training with Sir Tarkus, I presume?"
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Tarkus

"Oh for the love of. Don't get him started. Galowyn's tougher than old horse shoes." He said between draughts.

"Its just Tarkus unless its a formal occasion."
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Galowyn

"Well-armored for an elf?" he inquires with a mouth nearly half full of ale, almost doing a spit take before he regained his composure and swallowed it down, deciding to let his old friend off the hook for that one, since he hadnt seen him since childhood." Hells, I'm the best armored here!" he plays it off with a laugh and a quick wink at Tarkus. " And he's right, I am tougher than old horse shoes, But Tarkus is one hell of a fighter too, we're old sparring partners, But the bulk of my training has been with Captain Tiberius. I trust your time in Paladin with Artemis was educational?"
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

"Oh yes." answers Umnir smugly. "My friend, you are looking at a fully trained King's Courier. You think your armor and sword makes you strong? Well, a Courier knows that the best strength is not resisting a strike, but not being struck at all. Stealth is greater than a sword."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Tarkus

"Thats an intresting claim, loudly, in a well lit room with dozens of celebrating, battle school graduates. Who might descide to test that theroy" Tarkus commented, before leaning over for a drink
"You may want to make scene and fall over. They have fairly robust sense of humour."
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Umnir gives a drunken laugh. "Well, I'd like to see one of you lumbering brutes try to even hit me." He stands up on his stool. "Couriers are as nimble as a-Woah!!" Umnir tumbles over onto the floor. Uproarious laughter fills the tavern. Umnir grumbles at his ridiculed state.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 pm

MAGUS

Please no fighting! Magus cried exasperatedly. He did not want to be embroiled in any foolishness that the drunkards were already causing, and wanted to make sure none of them got into any trouble. He sighed, and then replied to the elf Galowyn, No, there is a spell for curing hangovers...Only I'd rather not try it, since it's a potion, and a rather nasty one. If you want, I can prescribe it to you...that is, if you are tough enough to take it. Magus could see Galowyn's pride rebuffing the advance, and before he was about to spurt out he was tougher than Magus, Magus continued. I would take it myself, but the ingredients to create the potion are rather nasty, and hard to take in. I don't suppose you would like to take 3 eyes of newt with the leg of seven crickets in a mug of spoiled egg yolk seasoned with poison ivy in one gulp, now do you? he asked, raising an eyebrow as a smile crossed his face.
OOC
Yeah, I took creative liberties with the potion. So sue me.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Galowyn

Galowyn chuckles slightly at Umnir's tumble" Oh Umnir, the mage is right, now is for celebration, not bloodshed! On another day, perhaps, if your challenge is more than liquid courage." he winks at Artemis' apprentice then turns to rebuke Magus' comment. The elf gives him a sour look, turning up his tankard he chugs it's frothy contents in the span of a few moments and returns it calmly to it's resting place in the middle of the table."Nay my generous friend," he begins with a bit of sarcam " I'm tougher than old horse shoes as our eloquent friend Tarkus put it, but not quite as dense. I know my limit." he assures, doing his best to avoid his old friend's attempt at goading him. Gathering himself he sets tall in his seat and clears his throat" Hangovers are a plight of those of weak fortitude, I suffer no such weakness. "
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:39 pm

The friends gathered and drank and caroused. The barmaid brought endless drinks and the fun went on for hours. Umnir was slogged just enough to not notice Artemis slip out of the inn. In fact, even if he had been completely sober he was sure he wouldn't have seen it if she didn't want him to.

Baron Arald finished his long, droll discussion with local farmers, all of whom had told him of dead cattle. The mystery was one worth looking into, but no master would be bothered with it, especially with the lack of evidence that it wasn't mishandling. Several dead animals in two villages, it could be a coincidence. Still, the baron looked at the group of friends his son was drinking with and had an idea.

"Hail, graduates!" Baron Arald cheered as he approached the table, raising his tankard. He sat down and looked each on in the eye, then he squints his eyes in skepticism. "Your masters all say your worthy of commencement, but I'm not so sure. You look rather green to me," he said the last in Tarkus's direction, goading his pride.

"But," he continued. "I know of a way to test your mettle, and show your usefulness to the realm of Aralua. Would you accept my offer? It is potentially rife with danger, but generous with honor and rewards."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 am

Kroonin
hp1 lp1

"Now ye all know not a one o' you can out-drink me. I'll drink every human or elf here under the table. Of course I've got tha advantage of being down here already... it's easier fer me."

The wine must be affecting him strongly if he's starting his own Dwarf jests.

He listens with good humor and ale-laden-eyes to the offer.

"Honor! Rewards!" Kroonin says. "Ale!" He shouts to the room, raising yet another tankard.

"I'll take yer offer and yer danger, fer i'm not afraid of nothing." He says, as gramatically-challenged as ever.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:11 am

Umnir lumbers over to where the Baron is talking about the quest. "My liege, whatever this quest may be, surely a King's Courier would be of great use? I offer my skills to your service, Baron Arald."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Tarkus

"You know you need not ask, father. You know that you need only give the work and i shall go." Tarkus answered before taking another swig of ale.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 pm

MAGUS

Magus sighed. He didn't like the idea of possible peril and danger. It sounded like the Baron was just trying to get them to do his job for him...But, loyalty is loyalty, and he couldn't just let his old friends rush off to face possible danger without him there to pull them out and keep them from doing anything stupid. Magus closed his eyes, as he said reluctantly, What would you have us do, sire? He immediately thought to himself, I hope I didn't just make a big mistake...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room