Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Kroonin

The dwarf hops off to give the corpses and examination. "Same frothing to indicate somethin' bad on tha inside but none of tha discolor common with a natural ailment. Magus, I'd say this was somethin from your side of tha forest."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Plan B » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Tarkus

Tarkus thought for a moment "Well one problem can be solved soon enought we'll look into the bandits after a short break, if theres anyone who knows the woods particulairly, i'd be grateful for a tracker.
Have the bandits attack te village at all you just travellers? and is anyone ill at all?"
He asked mysterious death were hard, bandits were far closer to his expertise.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm

MAGUS

Darn it, my suspicions were right... Magus thought to himself. These deaths were certainly NOT natural. The mule was only a single death, and the auras were faint and murky, but with the massive piles of corpses, the aura was clearly visible. The cows had not died of natural causes, but of a magical one. Particularly virulent too. For the magical disease to have spread so quickly since its appearance...whoever caused this must have known what they were doing. I must make sure that we are cautious...

Magus turned to the others, and spoke quietly to Tarkus, I can clearly sense it now from the pile. Kroonin is right, the disease is magical in origin. I can just feel the aura of death it gives off from that pile. I have seen dead cattle before, and their auras are nothing like this. These are too...unnatural. We must be cautious, and make sure that no people are affected by the illness, of it will spread and decimate the entire town in a matter of days. Magus then turned to the the villager, and asked intently, urgency clear in his voice. Are there any who have fallen ill since the outbreak of cow deaths...any body seem strange, or acting strange? The causes are not natural, and it is important that you tell me if any people have fallen sick. I don't care if its a simple cough, but is there anyone?!?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 pm

"No, no people," the farmer says to Magus. He looks at his friend who shakes his head.

"The bandits haven't been through here, but we know they aren't far off. We get tales of attacks not more than a mile or so outside of the village proper."

"That's not even outside of the furthest farm," one farmer put in.

"As for a tracker," the other began again. "You'll want..." he paused for a second, looking over your shoulders.

"Well, how about that. Here he is now."
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Simphalas.

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:50 am

Advancing with long spaced steps, a man clad in dark brownish leather stalks towards the assembled group. His hood fails to conceal his long and rebel red hair, and his deep green eyes. He has a walking stick in one hand, or is it a spear? There is a bow around his chest and a sword at his waist. Several other stuff is hanging from his backpack, or protruding out of it. He stops a few feet away, grabbing the spear with both hands and leaning over it. Closer up, he seems to be chewing on a small twig. He gives a nod to the farmers, and swiftly scans the gathered young heroes.
"Well met friends, Magus." he nods towards the wizard. "Grim days and ill winds crown our meeting." he says, not a hint of a smile. "I've been watching you for some time now. I was assigned as your personal vanguard by Gillian." he spits the twig out of his mouth. "But dark times call for a more direct approach: Frem and Klum here must have surely told you about the brigands assaulting the farmers, and about this blight" he tilt his head at the dead cattle. "I have reasons to think both are related."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 am

MAGUS

Simphalas, old friend! Magus cried, clapping a hand on the back of the ranger jovially. It is too bad that we must meet again under such circumstances...And what do you mean that the cattle and the bandits were related? He continued in hushed tones, These deaths were not by mortal disease, they were caused by some magical affliction. Do you mean to suggest that bandits have a mage?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 am

Umnir leaps from the back of the cart to where Magus and Simphalas are talking.

"Well met, tracker." He reaches out and shakes his hand. "I am Umnir, a King's Courier. Hopefully what you know will bring our quest closer to its conclusion."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Simphalas.

Postby Evolución » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:27 pm

"I am Umnir, a King's Courier.

"Greetings Umnir, I'll be honoured to be of assistance." he said with a nod.

Do you mean to suggest that bandits have a mage?

Simphala's smile was short lived, as always. After the incident with Ferman he had adopted a more stoic and cold demeanour. Even with Magus, who he knew better, and was not fooled by the dark wizard's schemes. "I am not certain. What I do know is that they are not your regular bandit chowder. I've dealt with a few of them myself already, they were attacking a farmer and his wife's cart. They wield strange weapons, scythes and other strange curved blades. It smelled like rites and sects to me. Also the cattle is not the only affected, wild animales are also dead; I've seen them around a spring in the woods. If we don't stop this defilement to nature, it wont be long for people to become affected as well. He let his words sink for a moment, watching each of the others in turn. "I'm confident I can track the bandits back to their hideout."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Kroonin

Finally he'd heard somthing he liked!

"Well les get goin' then! Some bandits need a smashin'."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm

The band leave the farmers and travel back down the road they used to come to town. The sun was still high in the air, but the heat was getting to them. Kroonin had almost emptied the first cask of ale.

When Simphalas stopped them, dropping to check the ground for tracks, it occurs to the others that they traveled this way before, and that it's about the same spot where the John had said the bandits set upon he and his wife.

Perception checks all around, especially for our ranger.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Simphalas.

Postby Evolución » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Simpahals remains ear to the ground, his eyes still scanning the surroundings.

He has tracking also. Perception: 20
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

MAGUS

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Magus didn't like the looks of this place. He remembered what John had said, and the description of the bandits so far worried him. Scythes and curved blades, and the presence of magic about these strange bandits. Magus had heard tell of strange people like these while growing up at the inn. Cultists he thought to himself, peering about. They sound like cultists...banditry, harvesting blades, magic that kills like a disease...it just cries out cult. But why? Magus kept his thoughts to himself as he looked around, wondering why Simphalas had stopped.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Tarkus

Tarkus leaned down, on Thunder"Are you sure its not just poison? Diseases don't normally infect more than one kind of animal" Tarkus asked not looking foward to fighting a rogue wizard, particulairy on that could blight over such a large area.

Notice/perception 1d20+8=24
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Above the road was a grassy plain that went on for about a hundred yards before the tree line started. It was a quiet spot, nice for a picnic...was that movement? There it was again. Probably just an forest animal, deer or such.

Then it was clear, white paint covering one-half of a human face. It was starring intently at Simphalas tracking on the ground. Then Simphalas met its gaze. Its eyes went wide, scanned around at the others, whom had all spotted him as well.

He took off, running through the woods.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Simphalas.

Postby Evolución » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 pm

"There!" Simpahas stood up suddenly. "Follow him! Don't let him get away!" following his own advice, the ranger darted behind the man. He takes his bow in hand, and grabs an arrow from his quiver. In the forest he was the master, he was the top predator. These men will lern the hard way that defiling the forest was going to be their doom, and he was in charge of delivering that doom to them, in the form of piercing arrows.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room