Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - IC

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Baron Arald and his wife walked out to wish their son farewell. Upon seeing the band going with him, the baroness was taken aback and whispered something in the baron's ear, which he quickly waved off, walking towards the group.

"Well, my young friends. Are you ready to start your legend?"

Approaching his son, the Baron forgot that Thunder was a warhorse (there were only three in the castle, one of which was his) trained to respond only to Tarkus. Thunder neighed a warning, which the baron thoughtlessly responded by patting the horse's shoulder. Thunder turned and nipped at him, stomping his feet and trying to force the baron away.

"I'm his father, you dumb beast!" The baron was rarely angered. Tarkus had known him only to react like that when his family or his person were endangered.

Straightening up, the baron waved off the guard who moved from the gate to attend him.

"Son, this is your first mission as commander. Remember your training and respect your men." He looked back at the others, "I trust they will do the same."

"Good luck," the Baroness said, waving her son off.

I didn't want to post a whole novel right here. Go ahead and say your goodbyes and move out onto the open road. You're traveling West some 8 miles to the first investigation site.

I'll throw another post up tonight, regardless if everyone (or anyone) got to respond. I'm just trying to break this into an easier read.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Plan B » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Tarkus

"Do not worry, i've had ample training. I'll likly be back before long." Tarkus replied slapping Thunders ears before plodding towards the others. The massive Thunder loomed as he towered over the draft horse.

"Kroonin i though, it was customary to celebrate, after a successful mission." Tarkus half chuckled-half hollered to Kroonin on seeing the casks. "Its going a couple of hours there, see that your in fit state when we arrive." he continued with a considerably quieter and more serious tone.

"Umnir. A word." Tarkus gestured for Umnir to follow him.

"Your behavior yesterday, was out of line, and i remind you as knight the code of chivary demands that any insult be anwsered, understand. Now i know your posistion grants you many privileges, rudeness isn't one." Tarkus said quietly.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Umnir huffed. "I already apologized, but very well. I shall uphold my chivalry as best I can. Just don't try to order me around in any other capacity. A Courier who knows his trade takes only the orders his instinct gives him."

He frees himself from Tarkus's grip and slinks into the hay laid out on the cart.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Plan B » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Tarkus

"Until we find one i suggest you follow mine." Tarkus answered without missing a beat.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:00 pm

MAGUS

Sorry I'm late! Magus cried, huffing and puffing as he tried to catch his breath, arriving just as Tarkus and the baron were saying their goodbyes. He straightened, and peered about, taking in the cart and Thunder beside it. His face drooped as he saw Kroonin loading the casks of wine unto the cart, and moved over, a look of pain on his face. He thought that he was through with drinking last night, and did not expect to see it anytime soon. But there it was. Magus hoisted his belongings onto the cart, and climbed aboard. He sat down, and tried to make himself comfortable, hoping that it would be over soon. He looked over, and saw Tarkus speaking with Umnir about something. He didn't mean to pry, but he could guess what was going on. Nevertheless, Magus hoped that they would hurry up and finish the job. He only hoped it would not be as dangerous as he feared it might.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:21 pm

"Magus!" Umnir shouts as he finishes his talk with Tarkus, smiling tensly. "Glad you finally made it. Of all the members most necessary to a mysterious quest such as this, a mage is probably the most vital."
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Galowyn

Upon seeing Tarkus pull the courier aside, he smiles at the dwarf "It seems Tarkus handles his own affairs Kroon', lift your side friend." he insists, referring to the cask as he assisted with placing the second such container on the cart. As Tarkus' attention turns towards the dwarf and himself, Galowyn smiles and salutes." Life is fleeting Tarkus, and as such all of it should be a celebration! But worry not Commander, I am always in prime form." he says reassuringly , his ego beaming for a shameless moment.
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Kroonin

He grumbles at Galo's words but says nothing more about it.

"Kroonin i though, it was customary to celebrate, after a successful mission."

"Tarkus, we got here this early in the morn, tha's cause enough to celebrate."

Of all the members most necessary to a mysterious quest such as this, a mage is probably the most vital

Kroonin does indeed give a nod of agreement at these words. He'd seen The Magus do some amazing things.

"We ready to get goin'?" he says, climbing into the cart bed and sitting on one of the casks.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 pm

MAGUS

Magus rolled his eyes, and turned his head, so the other's wouldn't catch his brief smile. He turned back to them, his calm and unemotional demeanor back once more, then replied to Kroonin, If'n you lot finish getting the gear loaded, then we can get a move one...and I expect that one of you will have to take the reigns, and actually get the horse to start moving as well, so I expect you'll have to get on board, and one of you will start us off...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm

With the baron waving them on with encouragement, the young group from Redmont moves out on their first, real adventure together. The cart bumps up and down, jostling the group and, after long, hurting their undersides. It was made for moving grain and the like, which needed nothing of comfort.

An hour outside of Redmont, while traveling on a road that bordered Grovepeak Forest on one side and opened up to a farm on the other, the adventurers came upon a couple in their late twenties. Their cart was in the middle of the road, still attached to a dead mule.

Galowyn can see from far off that the man, upon seeing the adventurers, has his wife crouch behind the cart and grabs two hay knives (a small sickle) and begins lifting one of the two bales of hay out of the back of the wagon and drops it on the floor. There is no reason for doing such a thing, and it's clear that he is trying to hide his intentions for grabbing the knives. He also climbed up onto the cart to get a better grip on the second, but it also gave him a better tactical position to an opponent on the ground.

He kept his eye on the group as they approached.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby bi0philia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 am

Galowyn
Condition- Wary

Galowyn's keen eyes scour the situation, trained to foresee danger. He pulls back on the reigns slightly to slow the cart and motions for Tarkus to do the same with Thunder. " Take the reigns Umnir, and be ready to stop the horse if and when I tell you to. This could be trouble up ahead." With that he leaps off the cart and trots slightly to keep from falling until he can slow himself sufficiently. He walks beside Tarkus and his horse with his sword drawn and heaved over his shoulder." The man ahead looks like he might do something stupid. He's fussing with the hay bells for no good reason and has took the high ground with a couple of hay knives in his hands, not to mention he's told the woman to hide." He glances over his shoulder at the miller's dull horse." It might be best if we stop the cart and approach on foot, the two of us. Smaller numbers might make the man less spooked, and if he does lash out, It'd be best to not have the miller's horse in spooking range, Kroonin would hate to lose those casks if that dumb horse runs off. The man might not be much of a threat with those things anyway." He finishes, narrowing his eyes and focus on the man, paying special attention to the way he held his weapons and how confident he looked

ooc wrote:Use assessment, 16 perception vs his deception
1d20+10=16
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Plan B » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:14 am

Tarkus

"He's proably just frightend, so put that sword away. " Tarkus answered Galowyn waving at the farmer.

"Hail, do you require assistance?" Tarkus called to farmer in a friendly manner.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:43 am

The farmer perked up, faster that would be expected for someone who was surprised. He took advantage of the excuse to examine the approaching group, raising his hand to his brow and squinting under morning sun.

"Who goes there?" He boomed across the distance.

Now, slightly closer, Galowyn could make out a well-muscled build. His elf eyes could see definition and vascularity in the farmer's forearms and his neck and shoulders were thickly built, more so than a typical farmer.

Assessment Result: There's obviously more to this man. Galowyn could most likely take him, but he appears more dangerous than a typical farmer.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby bi0philia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Galowyn

The elf does as Tarkus insists and places his sword back in it's sheath." You're the boss but the man clearly has more than the build of an average farm hand. Keep your wits about you Tarkus."
Getting closer now Galo takes initiative and speaks up with a surprisingly booming but smooth voice." Servants of The Baron friend, What happened to your mule? We mean you no harm, drop the hay knives."
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Kroonin

From his place among the stopped cart, shared with Magus and Umnir, Krooning watches, crouched low, shield and hammer in hand, prepared to dash over if needed.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room