[OOC] Occult Detectives [2E]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [OOC] Occult Detectives [2E]

Postby Hound » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 am

As a point. I do not know how much you know Fuzzy boots, I can't remember who I've told. I am a sailor, I am at sea currently, however we plan to be in our home port today. It's currently 10:45 here, and I should be off work around 16:00 today. My wife hasn't seen me in a month, so when she is finally sick of me and/or falls asleep tonight, I will be posting.

I have been posting on my other threads, but it is slow(it takes an average of 5 minutes to make a post) and I want to do a little research on some things so I atleast semi-sound smart in my next post.

Damn it Jim, I'm a grease monkey not a med-tech!

=p

Anywho, there will definitely be a post from me in the near future.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Prof Weird » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Kind of wondering if Alistair's magical trinkets and unaging would set off R'eva's Mystical Awareness - I doubt the artifacts would unless in use, but Immunity (Aging) is constantly active.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Hound wrote:As a point. I do not know how much you know Fuzzy boots, I can't remember who I've told. I am a sailor, I am at sea currently, however we plan to be in our home port today. It's currently 10:45 here, and I should be off work around 16:00 today. My wife hasn't seen me in a month, so when she is finally sick of me and/or falls asleep tonight, I will be posting.

Not a problem. If I manage to run things as I plan to, your plotline will run parallel to the others for a bit, so they don't have to remain in sync.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Prof Weird wrote:Kind of wondering if Alistair's magical trinkets and unaging would set off R'eva's Mystical Awareness - I doubt the artifacts would unless in use, but Immunity (Aging) is constantly active.

You would have to make a Notice check. Since the Immunity is Permanent, it's already Subtle, although probably of the "only detectable via a special sense" type, which fits for her power. And, because it's only Acute, she'd get more of a general impression of a type of magic rather than knowing exactly.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:08 pm

I learned many cool things today.

Edit: The spot welding idea with fetal stem cells is my idea. No clue if it would work or not
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Very slow posting for me today. Sorry. I'm trying to get to everyone.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:59 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Very slow posting for me today. Sorry. I'm trying to get to everyone.

D000D. It's Sunday. It's okay to be lazy and slow.
My Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:06 am

Merry Christmas eve, all. I will be traveling today back to my parents' home in Kentucky, but I will return in the evening on the shiny Google Nexus my wife got me for Christmas. ^_^

Sorry for the delay in getting replies out. I'm still getting used to GMing.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Merry Christmas eve, all. I will be traveling today back to my parents' home in Kentucky, but I will return in the evening on the shiny Google Nexus my wife got me for Christmas. ^_^

Sorry for the delay in getting replies out. I'm still getting used to GMing.

Kentucky? Now I want fried chicken...

Safe journey and happy celebrations!
My Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Sorry. Between New Year's Eve, the New Year's and other holidays, I'm not going to be able to make a coherent post until tomorrow or so. Please, everyone take an HP for the holiday season, not that I've given you too many reasons to need them. Hmm... I guess I really need to plunge you into situations where you'll need them...

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 pm

I posted a little bit more to the IC thread. I have no real excuses for my slowness other than that I let myself make excuses not to post every day. Xerokhan and Prof Weird, what tack do you want Jeremiah and R'eva to take?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Uh, I thought I was already on a track of finding Dr. Stiles? If I was not, then I still wish to continue the search in that direction.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:00 am

XeroKhan wrote:Uh, I thought I was already on a track of finding Dr. Stiles? If I was not, then I still wish to continue the search in that direction.

I thought I had PMed you that, but perhaps I forgot to actually send it, or it got lost along the way. Essentially that you have the address of his practice, but not a personal address. Moving further along will require footwork — for example, going to his practice to talk to him or to trail him — or use of skills/feats. You have both Contacts and Connected. Either could be used to find an address with a skill check, for example.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 am

been sick, will post asap
My Characters

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:07 pm

I am terribly sorry. I've been trying to get something new written up, but nothing's working in my head. If you want, I can continue to stumble on, but I'm inclined to call it. I'm just not very good at running games.

Return to “M&M Game Room”