Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Superheroes (recruiting closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Superheroes (recruiting closed)

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:10 am

Spandex. Superpowers. Secret identities. Saving the world... Sausage? OK, ran out of S-words. Though these seem to be in short supply. How about a PL10 game? One where you fight villains because villains want to do bad to down right vile things!

The setting will be modern. Superheroes started appearing on September 11th, 2001. After the planes hit the buildings, something happened. People in the near by area were empowered. But why? No one is sure. Supers have been examined and they have the same DNA as normal people, they just are more powerful. Though the empowering event seems contagious. During times of great unintentional stress (no you can't induce it) people manifest powers. What they do with those powers afterwards is up to them. Do they take vengeance? Do they decide to protect the innocent? That's up to the individual.

Barricade by Cold Steel

ElectroShock by RasmusM

DopplerShift by zomar

Titanium Dragon by Sakuro

Magus by speeddemon

Exusia by Exaccus

Psionex by sweetja713

Miracle by Cinder

The Demon by Lord Godiva

Luke by catman123456

Flux by Millenium

Panther by CaptainChaos
Last edited by McHatin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Superheroes

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 am

Which edition, 3rd?
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:21 am

Yeah, 3e.
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Nillaman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:21 am

I'm definitely up for this! Any special rule or limit we should know about?
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.
Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:26 am

No restrictions beyond common sense. If it looks like a game ruiner, don't do it.
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 am

A couple campaign questions, as the emergence is localized around the events of 9-11, are there international meta-humans, or just American? Presence of magic, other dimensional powers, gods? Super science, or modern day tech?

Are the heroes just individual heroes, or is there a unifying government body bringing them together?
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 am

Barricade PL 10

Code Name: Barricade
Legal Status: American Citizen
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, NY
Relatives: Walter (son), Tamika (wife - deceased)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 250 lbs.

Quote: "Coming through!"

Abilities: Str 12, Agl 1, Fgt 6, Awe 1, Sta 10, Dex 1, Int 0, Pre 2

Defenses: Dodge: 6, Parry: 7, Fortitude: 11, Toughness: 10, Will: 6

Skills: Athletics 2 (+14), Close Combat (unarmed) 2 (+8), Deception 0 (+3) Expertise 6 (Former security guard) (+6), Expertise 4 (Current Events) (+4), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat (throwing) 7 (+8), Stealth 0 (+1)

Powers: Leaping 10 (Leap 1 mile at 250 MPH in 12 seconds), Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited - Barricade and target must both be in contact with ground), Super Stamina (Enhanced Ability: Stamina 10, Immunity 12: Damage Effect: Pressure, Damage Effect: Fatigue, Environmental Conditions (Heat and Cold) ), Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 10), Super Strength (Enhanced Ability: Strength 8; Power Lifting 4)

Advantages: All-out Attack, Interpose, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort: Toughness Checks

Complications: Fame, Motivation (Doing Good), Responsibility (7 year old son, Walter)

Other Traits: Size: Medium, Carrying Capacity: 1600 tons, Initiative: +1

Totals: Abilities: 30 + Defenses: 12 + Skills: 22 + Powers: 82 + Advantages: 4 = 150pp

History:

A month after 9/11 had occurred, Lloyd Price was a security guard at a department store in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn when his powers suddenly emerged during an armed robbery that went horribly wrong. Price, the crooks and over a dozen shoppers and staff all stood in shock as one of the crooks, in a panic, shot Price point blank in the chest four times.

The bullets didn't faze Price one bit as he recovered quickly and proceeded to beat up the criminals with ease.

Price quickly became well known as he was one of the first super humans to appear and among the very few who did not have a secret identity.

He currently operates in the tri state area as Barricade.
Last edited by Cold Steel on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 am

Did this character, will do the history later.

Yeah i know the leaping is too much to swallow but the thought of a big fat guy suddenly jumping on your sorry butt from a city block away after silently taking all the lame fat jokes from was too good an image not to add leaping. :P
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 am

Background is done.
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Interested.

As for a character, I am thinking of an acrobatic martial artist. The only powers he has are his movement. Any probs with this?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:A couple campaign questions, as the emergence is localized around the events of 9-11, are there international meta-humans, or just American?
There are international supers. It's been 11 years. People from New York have spread. Though the default setting will be based in New York.

Zen_Gypsy wrote:Presence of magic, other dimensional powers, gods? Super science, or modern day tech?
Your powers can look like any of these. What empowers you are none of these. I have what has done these things and I don't want to give it away that quickly.

Zen_Gypsy wrote:Are the heroes just individual heroes, or is there a unifying government body bringing them together?
Individuals that work together sometimes. No one has stepped up to be the Justice League or the Avengers. Governments are pretty much skittish about turning supers into soldiers or weapons for the same reason governments are afraid of using nukes. Once one fires the first shot EVERYONE would start firing shots. Super-MAD.
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Cold Steel wrote:Image

Barricade PL 10

The only question I have is about Fatigue effects. Do you mean fatigue all together or just fatigue attacks?
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby McHatin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Interested.

As for a character, I am thinking of an acrobatic martial artist. The only powers he has are his movement. Any probs with this?
I will reserve my judgement until I see the character.
McHatin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Its Fatigue altogether.
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 pm

I feel compelled to say you are wrong.

Immunity 12: Pressure Damage effect, Environmental Conditions (Heat and Cold), Fatigue Effects)

Please not it says Fatigue effects, therefore effects ie. Attacks & Afflictions, that impose Fatigue. You are NOT immune to fatigue.

Otherwise for 5 Points, Immune: Fatigue, and Extraordinary Effort, I can make a character who can take three standard actions a round by using Extra Effort every turn.

The answer is no, just no.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Next

Return to M&M Game Room