Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: On Hold

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed! (OOC)

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Squee and Cheris scouting.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

EPIC wrote:Squee and Cheris scouting.

"Charis" but it's okay.

Means "Strong" in Greek or something. I stole it from WildCATs: Nemesis (Nemesis's real name is Charis of Adrastea, and she kicks major butt!).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Sorry, typing swiftly on my phone touch keyboard. I'm not terribly good at it. Lots of typos, I don't always catch them all.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

EPIC wrote:Sorry, typing swiftly on my phone touch keyboard. I'm not terribly good at it. Lots of typos, I don't always catch them all.

Lol, no problem.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Sometimes you spell it right and sometimes you don't. Since my iPhone autocorrects "Charis" to "Cheris" (since the second is apparently a real English word), I can totally understand that. :)
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 am

I'll have squee edited sometime sat. Between sleeping from the pain pills and work i havent really had time for anything on the boards
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Ok so I was making some of the suggested changes to Squee and ran into some questions. Will his poisons still be linked to a damage effect from the daggers? Can I justify masterwork daggers as equipment and a higher damage shuriken? I'm not sure I'm completely following.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Depends.

See if you create the device as just poison.

Then make a note that it is an "Open" link. you can choose what to link it to. Then add a quirk "Must some how enter the body" combined with "requires move activation" to link it to something.

Then you can freely link it to a dagger... a sword... an arrow... a drink.

Ya. A drink. You can add it to a drink so people drink the poison.

Now I did some thinking. Immune to poison... what is poison?

By definition: A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death or injury, esp. one that kills by rapid action.

Well... high doses of lots of chemmicals will do that. Would you consider morphine a poison? Cause you can easily overdose on that and die.

So I am offically ruling that "Immune to Poison" for 1 PP refers ONLY to naturally occuring poisons. Such as a spider, or a snake venom.

Immune to "Chemicals" is 10 PP and treated like immune to "fire" And your poison can have descriptor "chemical" or "natural" depending on how you want to build your character.

Something you can do, is take expertise poison, and have Benifit "Apothacary"

This will allow you to be able to examine exsisting poisons, craft new ones like "devices" for a scene, or even craft antidotes for poisons.

You could also grab expertise herbology to synergize your poisons, and make the DC on things lower.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Poison in context of M&M is any effect using the descriptor "Poison".

This was done so you could tailor poisons to do whatever you wanted them to.

In most general cases, drugs that would harm your body are consider poisons, anything that could cause harm to you by ingesting or otherwise getting into your blood would be considered a poison.

The thing is, they are not commonly used in this game, thus the 1pp linked up with Diseases, another thing that is rarely ever encountered.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 pm

EPIC wrote:Poison in context of M&M is any effect using the descriptor "Poison".

This was done so you could tailor poisons to do whatever you wanted them to.

In most general cases, drugs that would harm your body are consider poisons, anything that could cause harm to you by ingesting or otherwise getting into your blood would be considered a poison.

The thing is, they are not commonly used in this game, thus the 1pp linked up with Diseases, another thing that is rarely ever encountered.

In normal Mutants and Masterminds, I would agree standard poisons are rare.

However in D&D poisons are VERY common. 1 PP for all poisons seems... unfair.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 am

I'm inclined to agree. Given the setting, I'd say probably a 5pp immunity is more appropriate. 10pp seems a little overkill since it's not THAT common... poison is a deceitful and dishonorable means of combat. Though maybe not so much in this setting? I wouldn't know.

Quick question, how are we handling Tim's absence with regards to his character? If we're NPCing him for the time being, Silver would suggest sending him with Charis and Squee, but I need to know if we're doing something else with him, tossing him in a plot hole or something.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 am

Isnt his character from another dimension?

Random plot hole rips in the fabric of time in space, pulls him in, to spit him out later?

5 PP sounds reasonable. We'll set it at 5 for a while and see if it works out.

Poison is a deceitful and dishonorable means of combat, yes. But you are also playing one of the most noble people in the entire world.

I'm afraid many neutral and evil parties see poison as a delightfully efficient thing.

If the group maintains a good reputation for getting work done, then their employers will be happy with them. But depending on who they work for, they will make enemies else where.

For every Positive reputation you earn with one group, you will earn negative reputation with another. You just wont always know this at the time.

So yes. You get too good working for a single source, then their rivals may try to have you offed.

Thats not even touching the political side of this world, should the group try to go for politics.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 am

Are we using our new sheets or first sheets for this battle?

I think we're ready to begin this fight. I know I don't have much to add, other than an initiative roll I guess. Maybe a perception to avoid a trap.

Initiative 24
Perception 19
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby EPIC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:02 am

Init (1d20+2=5)

>_< I think I know who is acting last.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

New sheets.

Since no one seems to have anything to add, I will stream line us again right into combat when i return home tonight.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room