Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: On Hold

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed! (OOC)

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:40 am

The major changes I'm working on in my build are utilizing the points I've already spent and wasn't maximizing. For instance, I have two equipment points just hanging out right now that will bring the damage DC of my weapons up.

I'm also going to make the sword an alternate of the spear, and possibly both of the gun as well. I am moving some things around to get more advantages on land. (like takedown) and with the extra points of alternate weapons, i'm going to make them more versatile. Like adding a rank of takedown to the sword (cus it's so sharp), giving the spear a split attack (two ends), and getting their DCs and/or attack bonuses up to PL.

Should have it ready well before any other conflicts.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:30 am

I'll get a quick post up on my break in an hour or so.

Also, no response from Silver's captive?
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

EPIC wrote:I'll get a quick post up on my break in an hour or so.

Also, no response from Silver's captive?

Charis' as well. It was my intent to Entrance/Control them to make everyone's interrogations easier.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am

I am sorry but when all 5 are trying to do the exact same thing it gets muddled, so I go with the most effective one.

Th ogre scares them the most. He has one pissing his pants ready to spill the beans. I am sorry but you all need to realize 5 people asking the same questions don't help to much.

While one or two interogate the others could loot or listen for lies, but all shouting at once doesn't work.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:34 am

Well, I was working off Cheris' effect and asking actual questions. That's nice Tutek's kobold is wetting himself, but he really didn't ask anything, so no questions that were asked got answered.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, I ordered the questions and stated clearly.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 am

I am sorry, but I was trying to set up the scene for you to notice the mudd and algee.

Now that you know that and have that to lord over there heads, they will panic and spill the beans by mistake.

I am sorry, but I am trying my best converting my D&D game to a PBP.

I have certain clues spread out over certain areas to help you find places, because in D&D there arnt mind control effects and what not. Atleast not at this level
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 am

Yeah, saw that. Silver's about the roll her eyes at the ham-hands approach to questioning.

I would like to point out we don't know about a "secret base by the river", only they mentioned a secret base and that they have been near a river.

In any case. Seeing as we DO have a mind-affecting ability in play, and intimidating the same target twice really serves no purpose, we're really just redundantly inundating the GM, so i think that's enough. Let him get the questions answered.

We have no investigaty type characters to my memory, so 'clues' are really not going to help us much.

Edit: my bad. Cheris actually has a fair Investigate. Time to whip out the sunshades. YYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm

So, my mind control was wasted?

Good thing we're at the point where I can make changes. I put that in there for just this type of scenario, but if it will be ignored, I'll trade it in for a ranged magical song strike or something.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:So, my mind control was wasted?

Good thing we're at the point where I can make changes. I put that in there for just this type of scenario, but if it will be ignored, I'll trade it in for a ranged magical song strike or something.

Really sorry ryan.

I wasnt trying to ignore you.

But as you can now see, these guys are dumb. A mind control is kind of a waste.

On other, smarter enemies in the future, mind control could be very useful.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm

I understand. If it's all the same I'm going to make that change anyway. I can power stunt a mind control if it becomes necessary in the future, but right now I'd prefer to spend points on something more reliable.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:I understand. If it's all the same I'm going to make that change anyway. I can power stunt a mind control if it becomes necessary in the future, but right now I'd prefer to spend points on something more reliable.

So long as you arnt mad at me. I tried hard to keep the story sounding good, and showing these guys are as dumb as they are ugly.

But clearly I need to adjust me notes a bit.

I thought because I was doing so well with my Pokemon game this would be easy, but I seem to be running into a few flaws caused by the conversion...
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm not mad. I am doing the exact same thing with my Legacy of War game (translated from a GURPS game I was involved in), which is in need of a ranger submission if anyone's interested :wink:, and I'm familiar with the issues you're running into. My changing powers is as much about helping you as it is me not feeling like I'm wasting actions and points on my sheet. If you have less plot-influencing effects in your game, it will be easier on you.

I would suggest, though, that you treat your previous game's notes as an outline to follow for overall plot points, but let our actions and decisions alter the details and ways we discover things/overcome obstacles.

It's something I noticed I needed to do in LoW, and may help you out here, since this is the second time Charis has been forced into mediocrity by the plot.

I'm not mad though (wouldn't get mad over a game anyway), no worries. :)
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm

That the kobolds are dumb only means they are prime candidates for mind controlling effects. I don't see how you can call it a waste. Low will = easier to be mind controlled this forced to give answers we want.

In this case I know you said you went with the most effective result, which is fair enough, we really only needed one thing to work. The mind controlling effect would have been the most convenient, but whatevs.

These smarter enemies you speak of will more than likely be harder to effect by the same power by having a higher wi or may e even resistant immunity to mind control or mind altering effects in general, making tlsuch effects less useful due to markedly lower success rates.

I think you got it a little backwards there Hound. That said, Silver still has her Zone of Truth and Sanctuary powers, both mind effective targeting Will. It's a single pp for both so i don't consider them a wasye, as long as they work on their intended targets, weak willed individuals, such as these kobolds.

But in any case, that aside.. <Captain Jack Sparrow> We have our heading.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Sorry for the delay in my post, had wisdom teeth removed yesterday.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room