D&D: On Hold

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed! (OOC)

Post by EPIC » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Just waiting to see if anyone other than Squee (because he's out of range) takes any damage whether I use my Crusader Strike or not.

I took one degree in the three hits, Delayed Damage took it, then Regen made it fully healed rather than temp.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm

As soon as whiteprofit goes, I can finish my post.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 am

Build suggestions sound good, I'll tinker a little bit after combat. As far as d&d causing attacks of opportunity the only d&d I've ever played were the infinity engine games so I don't quite know what that is other than it sounds like free attacks. I also don't really know what d&d tactics would dictate, I apologize for stepping on toes.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:21 am

Certain types of actions that would take your attention from a enemy in position to strike gets a free attack.

Moving past an enemy without doing certain things(full withdraw which is moving without attacking, tumbling using acrobatics to get through threatened areas, or the five foot step which is just a small defensive adjustment in position generally used to escape a threatened space or reposition for an attack without provoking an attack of opportunity), firing a ranged attack while an enemy is threatening you, casting magic as well, regardless of the range. A few other things, but those are the main ones.

An enemy 'threatens' any space they can hit with a melee attack. (in 3.5, in 4th, it's just adjacent spaces even if you have a reach weapon. You need to have threatening reach which as far as I know is only possessed by monsters and can't be obtained as a player, or if it is, it's through a paragon paths or epic destinies. I really don't know)

That's why running into a pack of a dozen kobolds is kind of lunacy rather than breaking for the weaker sides of the ambush and circling around the outside, at least, from a D&D mechanics standpoint. But whatever, it's past.

But the closest this game has to attacks of opportunity are prepared actions to attack someone who moves in reach, or something like that.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Should have gm post up soon, heads up, they are about to flee, if you want to ooc decicde what to do, feel free
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

"AFTER THEM!!!"

Screams the lady who lifted nigh a finger in the vicinity of a kobold. :lol:

By the way, when do we get to alter our characters? I'm pretty comfortable with mine, but just curious.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

first combat is over the moment i post, i had to run out and buy dinner

will be up soon, soon

So you can start working on changes now.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Post by whiteprofit » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I would like to keep pursuing and capture some of them if possible. We need to know that they don't have our stuff.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Post by timothy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Sadly, I am going to have to leave for a while due to family issues.

Very, very sorry.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 pm

timothy wrote:Sadly, I am going to have to leave for a while due to family issues.

Very, very sorry.
It's okay tim.

I hope you and your family will be okay
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

whiteprofit wrote:I would like to keep pursuing and capture some of them if possible. We need to know that they don't have our stuff.

Feel free to come up with what ever plan you want in OOC, then you can IC shout "GRAB THAT ONE!" or what ever you decide, to speed it up.
My Characters

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Post by whiteprofit » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm

My suggestion is for each of us to try and grab one. This reduces the number of kabolds later, increases the number of them we can question, and gives us multiple answers to double check against.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 pm

I was gonna go an try to grapple one too, but was too slow on the post.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm not stopping you from grabbing one. But Tutek has one, and is a grappling master.

If you want multiple detainees, feel free to keep your grappling action.

If you are happy with 1, than that is fine too.
My Characters

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:23 pm

He is, but Silver's no slouch either with Strength Domain going. His Grab resist DC is only 3 higher (though his Escape dc is much higher due to that advantage)