Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: On Hold

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed! (OOC)

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:46 pm

4 horses. 6 Players. 8 Gold a piece now.

4 x 6 x 8 = 192 Gold.

Like wise for the crates 10 x 6 x 12 = 720

For the brother 1 x 6 x 1(silver) = 6 silver

912 gold, 6 silver
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 am

I would just like to say that this is probably the best I've ever seen in character tension not spill over into ooc tension. Great job everyone! This has been fun so far and we haven't even done anything yet! :)
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 am

I honestly have no tolerance for PCs plotting against other PCs for any reason. That it's "what the character would do" is no excuse.

Squee will have to change his tune, and soon, or he's going to find himself in an uncomfortably close proxomity to an angry crusader with no qualms ridding the world of a pest. Because it's "what the character would do." (See how that works both ways?)

Hint: talking to someone who could martially destroy you like a child is pretty stupid. "Thin ice" is the only warning he is going to get. Take it to heart please.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

whiteprofit wrote:I would just like to say that this is probably the best I've ever seen in character tension not spill over into ooc tension. Great job everyone! This has been fun so far and we haven't even done anything yet! :)

That didn't last long. Lol
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 am

It's not that, just you can't do things in character, ESPECIALLY against other player characters and not expect consequences.

I told this to Hound as well, but while this particular attempt to profit off the party for personal gain was pathetically minor, it was also painfully transparent. The characters may not know exactly what Squee did, but we're all pretty aware he did SOMETHING.

This now means noone is inclined to trust him, which strains beleif why they would bother to deal with Squee any longer than absolutely necessary, because he's shown he will plot against the party if it suits him. Why would the party keep someone like that around?

It is an issuse that needs to be addressed before it becomes a problem and something happens in character that wil affect the game as a whole, ie, the goblin stepping over the line and finding himself cut down. I'm inclined to think such a thing would ruin the game for at least one person. Best not to let it go anywhere near that point, don't you agree?
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah, I agree with Epic this time, If I were Squee, I would just talked about that after the meeting with the party, doing it before the eyes of everyone else was not particularly smart from him. I mean, if he is a back stabbing goblin, as all are, he would have arranged another meeting in private with his cousin, right?
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am

I don't really see how he's plotted against anyone's character. All he's asked for is a finder's fee. Now if he was plotting to steal part of the others' money or to screw them over somehow I think it'd be a whole different story. As for doing it in front of the characters well just cause he's greedy doesn't mean he's overly smart. Sides he's a coward you can be sure he took silver's words to heart.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am

I have to agree with EPIC.

If we know that we can't trust Squee, why would we stay with him or trust any connection he introduces us to. I realize that goblins are supposed to be greedy and sneaky, but they don't have to be needlessly treacherous or particularly stupid.

Both of our new 'friends' should be able to realize that it is far more profitable to have a good working relationship than no working relationship.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 am

A few years ago at a face to face d&d game, I was running a duskblade, and the oarty was hunting some undead in an underground crypt. We found them, but the 'secretly' evil aligned rogue desided to try and sell us out to join the enemy. He tried bull rush me (with the full benefit of surprise) into a pack of wights, and hit me with a poisoned dagger.

He failed. I didn't. He ended up leaving the table crying because he didn't think anyone would turn around and kill his character for trying to betray them. This is why I have zero tolerance for it. I don't want a game to get to that point where someone has the game ruined for them, either because another player ruined it or for the consequences of screwing over another PC.

Sweeja, the pcs already had the discussion that he would NOT be seeking additional fees for himself or get a larger take and he deliberately plotted against them in that regard. This particular time was extremely minor in terms of an infraction of trust, but you have to considr escalation.

He just tried to profit off us after we told him no. How long before he simply sells them out for a big bag of coin?
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 am

Meh points well made all around from you guys. Guess I just got in the greedy scheming jack*ss mode a lil too much. I shall endeavor to make squee trustworthy to the members of the party.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 am

Sides he can still scheme like hell against those outside the party :D
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 am

Appreciated.

We need a situation where Silver's Zone of Truth can come into play. That alone is a good reason for a character like Squee to be vary wary of a particular character. :P
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 am

Hey we're all here to have fun and pissing off fellow players is not my definition of fun. I do appreciate the conversation before it got too far.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm

I am not pleased.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:02 pm

That we averted an in character crisis in a peaceful ooc manner? I can't imagine why.

Edit: does anyone feel I was unduely rude during that exchange regarding Squee?
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room