Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

More than Meets the Eye - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Recruiting !

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Hrm. Any ideas on how to tighten up Alethia's sheet?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Xero, Blade, I posted a draft of Arcee here. Sorry to disappoint. Xero, if you want to drop me and take your chances alone, I'll understand.

Thanks to both of you.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Build comments - in no particular order.

Xerokahn
- For now, my only comment is that you get some points back for the battlesuit/ motorcycle.

@Kirinke
- you're going to want to re-work or add in complications - with those, she's just not going to be earning HP very often in this game. A suggestions: Reed Richards Syndrome: She can get caught up with exploring new tech to the point of distraction and great personal danger.
- You might want to list a summary point cost breakdown.
- Unless I misread something, you have two places with a list of different advantages and they overlap.
- Cyberspace is a cool idea, but before I veto it, please indicate what you envision doing with it. Cybertron is likely to have a Cyberspace realm, but...
- I don't come to the same PP total for skills (3:1 for non combat, 2:1 for combat, I count 18 points - I could be wrong).
- I suggest Beginner's Luck (call it "Raw Talent" if you want...) for those times where you just absolutely need those extra 5 points.
- I'm not sure I'm comfortable with how much you have in that array - especially since one skill controls it all for ranged combat. I'll have to think on that a little...

@PlanB
- Since Impervious is a half rank thing (or if you do the easier thing and take it at two points per rank and determine that it affects attacks at rank - tomatoe,tomahto) having 15 points in the power is a little odd.
- You can have the Benefit: Shield Agent free of cost - it won't impact the game passed the opening scene
- With your "Oops" complication, is her power always "at full?"
- Other than the two points I freed up for you, I see no other issues.

@Spectrum
- why are you so hard on yourself? It's a great concept !
- Trojan Horse... you do realize the fun you are handing me, right? :twisted:
- Do the abilities (Str et al) replace or enhance the wearer? Any that enhance should be taken as Enhanced Traits.
- The same holds true for Saves, (some) Skills and Advantages
- The exception would be Will - it should have it's own and not be able to enhance it's "wearer"
- Having said that, the motorcycle form would have more of it's own traits to my thinking.
- Teamwork might be "limited to with wearer" and that frees up another half point to do the same thing to Set Up
- No Equipment/ Sensors?
- If we can squeeze a point - On Universal Translator - Feature: Heads Up Display/ Audio Feed.
- For the Translator, perhaps also only Read/ Understand all languages would be more appropriate?
- If you are going with this build, simply be aware/ advise me which traits enhance the wearer and which replace the wearer's traits.
- Otherwise, great build.

@WalkingDad
- I'm holding off for now as you mentioned still working on it.

@Mr Sandman
- I love it. A Tok'ra with what many would automatically think of as a Go'auld name.
- I'm hard pressed to think of a mechanical advantage other than intimidation, but what about glowy-eyes and deep voice?
- You can remove the Benefit SGC member (actually you can keep it for free) for the same reason as PlanB's Agent doesn't need to pay for the SHIELD clearance.
- Perhaps put the point in the Symbiote as Benefit: Inspiration. I could see the symbiote able to call on it's vast experience/ past hosts for insight into the current situation.
- Otherwise, great work !

@Ryan M Danks
- The only thing that stands out to me is the Communication. It should cost 9 EP (4 pts/ rank, -1 / rk flaw, times three ranks...)
- Did you spelunk my thread? As far as I recall, I don't think I've scene anyone else give their vehicles headlights. You can take those two points and spend EP for them. (It'll solve the problem in vehicle mode for the Communications...)
- Is the vehicles "affects others" on the speed meant to indicate passengers? Good idea !
- The rest you've already fixed.
- Great character choice, nice work !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Okay, I reworked Alethia's character sheet, I'm much happier with it and I took your advice into play with her complications and advantages. For her Ranged combat, I put the 9 points in her advantages, that way it takes care of everything. For the complications I added: Enemy Decepticons for the reason that she had the gall to escape from them and trash their base in the escape. It's a sort of pride thing with them. :lol:

I still kept the unarmed combat in with her skills, since it just takes care of one thing.
See if it meets with approval.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Yeah, the affects others is for passengers. I was actually looking at the Communications and wondering why I made it so low, those points for the headlights (yes, I did get inspired from your thread) will help balance that out.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

the rank is right - it's the cost that's off.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Bladewind wrote:...

@WalkingDad
- I'm holding off for now as you mentioned still working on it.

Only complications and background is still pending...

alright still have to do the vehicle mode :oops:
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:07 am

Responses Also, sorry that I didn't reply last night, somehow I completely overlooked any responses re Arcee.

Bladewind wrote:@Spectrum
- why are you so hard on yourself? It's a great concept !
Thanks! I think that Arcee will be fun to play. I'm also a perfectionist with real uncertainty.

- Trojan Horse... you do realize the fun you are handing me, right? :twisted:
Hey, you get some fun too. ;) I suspect that I'm open to this kind of 'torment', I might as well get some points for it.

- Do the abilities (Str et al) replace or enhance the wearer? Any that enhance should be taken as Enhanced Traits.
- The same holds true for Saves, (some) Skills and Advantages
- If you are going with this build, simply be aware/ advise me which traits enhance the wearer and which replace the wearer's traits.

I switched back and forth on this several times in the concept and design process and it probably shows. I suspect that nearly everything on the character sheet should have affects others, area effect, limited to pilot/passengers.

- The exception would be Will - it should have it's own and not be able to enhance it's "wearer"

- Teamwork might be "limited to with wearer" and that frees up another half point to do the same thing to Set Up
- No Equipment/ Sensors?
- If we can squeeze a point - On Universal Translator - Feature: Heads Up Display/ Audio Feed.
- For the Translator, perhaps also only Read/ Understand all languages would be more appropriate?

I hit a point last night where I went gaaaaah, where did all the points go? So many more things I wanted to do that I just didn't have the points for. I didn't get to play up sensors, weapons or some special qualities in movement (like driving up walls or more off road)

- Having said that, the motorcycle form would have more of it's own traits to my thinking.

You're right. I hit brain freeze and submitted what I had at the time. I'm running into some of the same problems as with Honesty, the character looks very similar to me mechanically in both forms except for the presence/lack of hands.

- Otherwise, great build.

Thanks! Now I need to figure out how to fine tune (and over tune) it until I'm happy with it.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:18 am

Changes have been made. Any other suggestions?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks for looking over my suggestions folks. I will do one last sweep tonight or tomorrow of the sheets.

So here's my thinking... I never really said how many characters I was looking for, and I wound up with seven applications... One of which is essentially the suit of armor of another PC.

Once before on these boards I launched a game where I had just enough applicants to meet the group size I set out to achieve and it was... disastrous.

I'm hoping history does not repeat itself because I am planning to use all submissions as my PC group.

Please check in if you are ready to get things going !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Recruiting Closed

Postby Plan B » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm ready.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Autobots (and friends) transform and roll out!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Plan B » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Bladewind wrote:Build comments - in no particular order.

@PlanB
- Since Impervious is a half rank thing (or if you do the easier thing and take it at two points per rank and determine that it affects attacks at rank - tomatoe,tomahto) having 15 points in the power is a little odd.
- You can have the Benefit: Shield Agent free of cost - it won't impact the game passed the opening scene
- With your "Oops" complication, is her power always "at full?"
- Other than the two points I freed up for you, I see no other issues.

-Its at rank 15 because my toughness is it bookkeeping, also i seem to remember impervious stops 1/2 round up. Could be wrong but i'm not hugly fussed.

-Free stuff is free stuff.

-The way i see it shes always superstrong, while perfectly capable of not tearing door handles off things, if shes distracted, or stress she's likly to react on instinct which won't account for her strenght.

I was considering adding an other complication

Just hardware: Robots arn't people, robots are expendable. This may cause friction later down the line and make her look callous to her allies.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm in.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Plan B wrote:-The way i see it shes always superstrong, while perfectly capable of not tearing door handles off things, if shes distracted, or stress she's likly to react on instinct which won't account for her strenght.

Just hardware: Robots arn't people, robots are expendable. This may cause friction later down the line and make her look callous to her allies.

For a guy who doesn't like complications as written... :shock:

Nice. Another fun for the GM complication !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room