Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

More than Meets the Eye - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Recruiting !

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm

I updated Hot Rod's picture, I like this one a little more.

I'm going to look into reworking his weapons array to give him more of a melee focus and remove the forearm blades. I want him to go more unarmed style.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Before I modify Hot Rod, have you decided how you want to handle vehicle mode?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I have.

I'm going to leave it to player discretion. I figure you'd need a sizeable pool of point to build your car via equipment - you used 30.

30 EP is 6 PP.

Morph 1 with Metamorph is 6 PP.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Windcharger will use the alternate form/ extra character sheet method.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Okay, I'll use that method as well, to keep things uniform.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm

I am going to keep recruitment open until Friday and hopefully start by Monday after making my choices.

I've got ideas on using many of the PCs presented here, and have decided on a different method to begin than bringing everyone to Cheyenne Mountain as Hot Rod, Wind Charger and War Machine will definitely not fit into the complex...

BTW:

@Walking Dad - What name are you planning to use? Since I had said that characters from movies were out of bounds, War Machine is technically unavailable. What about Warpath ?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Bladewind wrote:I am going to keep recruitment open until Friday and hopefully start by Monday after making my choices.

I've got ideas on using many of the PCs presented here, and have decided on a different method to begin than bringing everyone to Cheyenne Mountain as Hot Rod, Wind Charger and War Machine will definitely not fit into the complex...

BTW:

@Walking Dad - What name are you planning to use? Since I had said that characters from movies were out of bounds, War Machine is technically unavailable. What about Warpath ?

Well, they couldn't come in their robot forms, but they might be able to squeeze through in their vehicle forms, depending on things.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Warpath sounds Native American and I didn't envisioned that for the character... I will think about it as I try to complete the character in time. I'm a bit unused to build construct or battlesuit characters.

I "Battalion" already taken?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 am

I don't recall a Battalion from any of the movies, so it should be fine by my account.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 am

Walking Dad wrote:Warpath sounds Native American and I didn't envisioned that for the character... I will think about it as I try to complete the character in time. I'm a bit unused to build construct or battlesuit characters.

I "Battalion" already taken?

Great idea.

When I suggested Warpath I was thinking the red tank from G1.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 am

Bladewind wrote:Great idea.

When I suggested Warpath I was thinking the red tank from G1.

POW! ZOOOM! WOWIE! Warpath is gonna blow you away!

Most... annoying.... character... before they introduced Wheelie. Then by comparison he became delightful and a joy to be around.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Where I'm at; where I'm headed

Although there has been no new interest posted, I still intend to leave recruitment open until Friday. The main reason is that I am going over the builds (comments forthcoming) and I've also got a few friends potentially interested in a side-line table top version of this setting. Obviously that's going to move faster than the PbP, but I may post some of their missions/ exploration depending on how things go here.

I am also planning the size of my planned NPC group, which is essentially going to back-up both groups. The idea for this group is not to outshine the PCs (Metroplex won't be reactivating any time soon...), but rather to serve as a common focal point and a source of stability. After all, I'm dumping you all on an alien world with a completely different scale !

Ophion and Mr Sandman expressed interest, but I don't see a build. Spectrum has let me know that he wasn't feeling the concept well enough and would resubmit if something struck more interest.

As for submissions, here's what we have so far:

Bladewind GM Sample Transformers - Scanner, Windcharger
Honestly, if I could find a way to do Springer with a third alt mode roughly the size of a car but still aircraft-y, I would probably change Windcharger out in order to go alongside Hot Rod. If anyone has ideas. I'm open. I did find one on the net, but the copter mode was pretty dinky and didn't exactly channel my inner child...

XeroKhan Judas Spark
I can see the role of scout landing here.

Plan B Agent
Brick able to stand with/ against some pretty powerful 'Bots. Potential.

Ryan M. Danks Hot Rod(imus)
This choice works on a number of levels. Optimus' successor being only the tip of the iceberg.

Kirinke Wren
Concept fits as is, Tony Stark would sponser her himself if she wasn't already a shoe-in from a government stand point...

kenmadragon Prophet
Can I get more on this character? Background, motivation and such?

Walking Dad Battalion
I love this. Talk about blending the best of both worlds. Thanks for the rename. Stark is definitely a sponsor behind this one. What vehicledid you settle on finally?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Sweet! I'm going to remake Hot Rod tomorrow. Actually, it's less of a remake and more of a redesign of his weaponry. I'm also going to make his vehicle form, although I may get to that tonight.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:59 am

I like the current image I posted and the one element on his back looks like a helicopter tail, so it will be a M-H 6 variant. Size would be large I think (see the post linked above for more details).
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 am

My initial reaction was "too big."

Then I looked as it, looked a the size of the cockpit relative to the car size I wanted and I am good with it.

Design question - what happens to the blades in battle suit mode?

I like it as it means I don't need Springer, lol.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 am

Question before I get started... would a Robotech style Cyclone suit be fitting? I was thinking of the suit being the PC rather than the wearer.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room