Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

More than Meets the Eye - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Recruiting !

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Cool. I don't really see Hot Rod as a scout then. Maybe a warrior (he is traditionally a leader). I'll have to think on it.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Hot Rod is warrior to me as well.

Those wrist blasters could be blades or blasters.
In the animated continuity he had a bow...
In the pick I posted as a link, he'd make a wicked Triple Changer...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 pm

I'd see somebody like Alethia as the medic of the group, at least for the cybertronians/mechanicals. Hmmm... Mebbe switch some stuff around and make it so she can act as a a medic for the meat-folks as well. :lol:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 am

Hot Rod's humanoid form is complete. It's not very tight, I'm sure. If someone could look at it and give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Will get to the vehicle form in the next few days. He'll be faster and better at dodging as a vehicle.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby JeminiZero » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 am

kirinke wrote:I'd see somebody like Alethia as the medic of the group, at least for the cybertronians/mechanicals. Hmmm... Mebbe switch some stuff around and make it so she can act as a a medic for the meat-folks as well. :lol:

You know, the Treatment skill IS based of Int...
JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:Hot Rod's humanoid form

At a glance... all small stuff:

:arrow: I'm sure I mentioned, but I am not charging Transformers for innate.
:arrow: You can afford ranks of Penetrating and/or have split attack on the Energon blades.
:arrow: Logically, the leaping seems "useless." I'm 6 feet tall and I can make a 4-4 1/2 foot stride without stretching. At 15 feet tall, I can easily see a ten foot (if not longer) stride... Speed makes more sense to me. Either that, or take Flight 1 (limited to jumping) and have a better take on what you want to accomplish with the power.
:arrow: Agility is another "waste." I would take the points and apply them directly to Dodge and Acrobatics (keep a rank, maybe two but four is overkill). With the 6 points, you can have the 3 ranks of Dodge that you lose by dropping the Agility, and 6 ranks of Acrobatics. The Stealth seems odd for Hot Rod, but then again he does pull it out of his hat when he needs to... your call.
:arrow: Thanks for reminding me that I forgot the Immunities on Windcharger :lol: Don't use the points for sleep and aging immunity. The need for Energon equates to the need for sleep in my book, and aging immunity (to me) is largely descriptor.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

Haha! I get more points after already struggling to spend all my points before (was at 165 and trying to figure out where to put them all).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Unkabear » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 am

This looks like a great game, & if I could afford the time to add it to my plate I would, but that would not be fair to this game at this time. But great concept. Though when reading the rules this struck me

Bladewind wrote: • Transformers invariably lose their cockpits/ seats in robot mode.

And for a bit of humor, here is a Cartoon Fail about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH0CK001wjM

Enjoy.
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 am

lol

That's actually why I put that in. I didn't want Autobots to be walking power armor. (Walking Dad's concept apart, as the armor is not sentient...)

That link is now in the rule...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Unkabear » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

Glad to be of help.
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 am

I'll make those necessary changes. I noticed you didn't put anything in Agility, but since I was modeling Hot Rod after Bumblebee, who was agile as all get out in the movies, I thought it fit. There were also a lot of times where Autobots used stealth while walking around in the movies, gaining tactical position.

What's your stance on vehicle modes? Do we apply power points as though they were equipment points and build the character through the vehicles section, or do we build it piecemeal? Reason I'm asking is because there are discrepancies for things like size (a 2013 Camaro is 15.8 feet long, a transformer in hybrid mode would be at least 25% taller than the vehicle mode). Not that we have to be hyper-realistic...the movies changed their relative size in relation to humans grotesquely. When Bee first fought Barricade he looked like he was 30 feet tall, then the very next scene when Sam meets all of the Autobots made Optimus look 15 feet tall, then the last movie has Optimus at at least 40 feet while he talks to the humans on the rafters.

Given their issues with size, I'm fine with how we have it. Just curious how to handle it for the vehicle form is all. (Long way to a simple question, I guess :)).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am

I figure the vehicle mode controlling would be almost like a Speedster character. All it mostly does is run around normally and rams into enemies to attack. And when it comes to weapons, it would be used like a normal power, appearing from the car and then blasting.

At least that is what I would imagine it to be.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:02 am

Thinking about it. The Vehicle mode could almost be an easier process, and potentially cheaper, by doing the following:

More than Meets the Eye: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Equipment 6) • 6 points

Equipment
Cybertronian Sports Car
Large, STR 6, SPD 7, DEF 14, TOU 8; Features: Impervious Toughness 5, Ion Blasters (Ranged Damage 4); Cost: 30

Complications
Disability: While "piloting" the Cybertronian Sports Car, Hot Rod cannot take any physical actions other than those allowed by the Vehicles skill.

Depending on how Defense is handled for driving (I've never really been sure about that), this would be much simpler than building a whole new character (skills and abilities remain the same in humanoid form).

Just a thought.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 pm

That's a neat take.

I don't have the time right at the moment to post my thoughts on my initial version, but I will ponder yours and mine and post later tonight...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 am

Alrighty, I reworked Alethia's character sheet. Cleaned it up some.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room