Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

More than Meets the Eye - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Recruiting !

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:
Bladewind wrote:
Ryan M. Danks wrote:Since you went car, would you prefer I go with a truck for my Transformer?

There are a lot of precedents for cars... Not much larger than sedan though.

I anticipated multiple cars as alt modes.

Mine was turning out to be pretty similar though. I was modeling Bumblebee from the movies for his size and stats.

Windcharger has a magnetic array. Bumblebee is more of a scout fighter.

I'm thinking the Autobots follow archetypes similar to those of "standard heroes." They just happen to be frequently the same large size and can turn into cars.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Here is my character. If there are any problems with the build, let me know ASAP. Also, the character's hair is half black on the right and half white on the left instead of what is in the picture. Anyway:

Judas Spark

PL11 (devices)/ 6 (normal)

STR 2
STA 2
AGL 4
DEX 6
INT 2
FGT 6
AWE 5
PRE 5

Tougness +2
Fortitude +5 (+10 Great Endurance)
Dodge +4 (+9 Evasion)
Parry +8
Will +9

SKILLS 26
Acrobatics +7
Athletics +7
Close Combat +7
Deception +8
Expertise (Law Enforcement) +5
Insight +8
Intimidation +8
Investigation +9
Perception +8
Persuasion +8
Ranged Combat +11
Sleight of Hand +9
Stealth +9
Technology +7
Vehicles +10

FEATS
Assessment
Chokehold
Evasion 2
Fast Grab
Great Endurance
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Aim
Improved Grab
Improved Initiative
Instant Up
Move-By Action
Quick Draw (Blaster)
Tracking

POWERS

(Judas's Motorcycle)
*REMOVABLE*
-Damage 9
--Incurable
--Ranged
-Speed 16
--250 distance

(Judas's Blaster Pistol)
*EASILY REMOVABLE*
-Damage 9
--Accurate
--Feature: DNA Scanner (Judas's DNA)
--Incurable
--Precise 2
--Ranged
--Subtle

(Judas's Coat)
*REMOVABLE*
-Feature 1
--Insulation
-Protection 12
-Senses 2
--Communication Link (Scanner)
--Radio

COMBAT

Initiative +8

Close +7
Ranged +11
+13 (Blaster)
Damage +2 (unarmed)
+9 (Blaster)
+9 (Motorcycle)

Dodge +4 (+9 Evasion)
Parry +8
Tough +2 (+14 with Coat)

BIO
Judas is one of the best cops of Gotham in the year 2052. He was to become a police commisioner if he were
to complete a high priority mission that required time travel. The mission was to deliver Scanner to Lennox
located in Diego Garcia in the year 2012, a mission Judas gladly accepted quickly. After receiving Scanner, Judas grabbed his coat, blaster, and
motorcycle and proceeded through time.

Upon his arrival, Judas could only remember the mission, and nothing else about his time. He asked Scanner
about what could have happened to his memory, but Scanner could not remember either. After a quick check
on his systems, Judas found that Scanner's memory banks were somewhat damaged. Judas could not figure
out what was happening to them. After giving up, Judas stored Scanner in his motorcycle and headed for
Diego Garcia and to Lennox.

Upon arrival, Judas was greeted with soldiers, who were pointing their assault rifles toward Judas. Judas was
startled at first, but quickly called for Lennox to meet him. The soldiers, still cautious, called for Lennox, who
eventually came out to meet Judas. After Lennox asked what he wanted, Judas gave Scanner to Lennox and
told him that he was from the future to deliver that Minicon to him. Lennox was skeptical, and Judas knew it
from the look on his face. "There had to be something that could prove to him that I am from the future," was
Judas's thought.

It was then that Judas began showing his blaster and motorcycle to Lennox. After seeing the advanced
technology that belonged to Judas, Lennox allowed Judas inside, but Lennox was still skeptic about Judas's
tale. Judas, meanwhile, was moving his motorcycle out of the way and then followed Lennox inside.

Inside, Scanner began relaying the coordinates to Lennox, who knew immediately that they were
coordinates for the Stargate. Lennox began a quick research into the location, finding that it was a planet
yet to be explored. After looking at it, Lennox could not figure out the location, so he sent the data to NEST,
NASA, and SHIELD for better analisys. Almost as quickly as it was sent out, the message finally got their
answer from none other than Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. He said he was to leave immediately
himself to see this for himself.

It was a few days later when Optimus Prime arrived, and he quickly recognized Judas's motorcycle having
Cybertronian technology, something that could not be copied anywhere else. Optimus asked for the owner, and
Judas replied with what he could remember. Optimus then went inside to see Scanner, only to find that
Scanner's memory banks were damaged, something that Optimus had to see fixed by Ironhide. He then found
the coordinates, seeing that it lead to Cybertron. Optimus told Lennox his findings, and Lennox finally
believed Judas's tale from the future.

Optimus then wanted this to be investigated as soon as possible. So, without delay, Optimus contacted what
Autobots were available for the mission to Cybertron. A SHIELD agent undercover there heard this and
contacted Nick Fury as soon as they could and relayed the information. As for Judas, he asked Lennox to be
one of the men on this mission...
Last edited by XeroKhan on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Small detail.

Lennox; s based in Diego Garcia,

SGC are in the Cheyenne Mountain complex.

I will start looking over builds asap.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Sorry. I am sketchy when it comes to Stargate. I've only seen SG-1, parts of Atlantis, and some of Universe. THAT'S IT. So, sorry about that.

EDIT: Story is fixed. Does it need more detail?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

I've seen all of Atlantis and Universe but none of the others. Given that we are going to another world and presumably not coming back, I think my knowledge of the series will be perfect, but I won't have a clue as to how things are run on earth.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 am

Battalion

Vehicle shape is a small military helicopter similar to the M-H 6
The helicopter is a modified OH-6A aircraft designed by the Boeing Co. Known as a "Little Bird" among the U.S. military, the name masks the helicopter's substantial firepower. The MH-6 helicopter has been outfitted with a 30 millimeter M230 chain gun, two 7.62 millimeter M134 mini-guns, FIM-92 Stinger missiles, and AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank guided missiles.

PL11

STR 0/12
STA 1/5
AGL 0
DEX 2
FGT 4/8
INT 4
AWE 2
PRE 0

POWERS
Battlesuit: Removable (–23 points)
Armor: Protection 9, Impervious 13 • 22 points.
Large Frame: Growth 4 (permanent, Quirk: Str increase is limited to lifting) • 4 points
Boot Jets: Flight 8 (500 MPH) • 16 points.
Comm System: Radio Communication 2 • 8 points.
Life Support System: Immunity 10 • 10 points.
Sensors: Senses 12 (Accurate Radio Extended 3 [radar], Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Time Sense, Ultra-Hearing) • 12 points.
Tactical Computer: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Fighting 4, Enhanced Ranged Attack 2 • 12 points.
Helicoptershape: Morph 1 (Metamorph) • 6 points.

Servo Motors & Weapon Array:
Servos: Enhanced Strength 12 • 24 points.
Force Beams: Ranged Damage 12 • 1 point.
Homing Missile: Ranged Damage 10, Homing 2 Linked to Senses 1 (Infravision) • 1 point
Machine-Gun: Ranged Multiattack Damage 8 • 1 point
Micro-Missiles: Burst Area Ranged Damage 8 • 1 point
(Rotor) Blade: Damage 12, accurate 1, reach 1, Improved Critical 4 • 1 point

119-24= 95

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative 1, Improvised Tools, Ranged Attack 4, Power Attack

SKILLS
(3sp/1pp) Expertise: Engineering 5 (+10), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidate 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 1 (-3), Technology 8 (+13)
(2sp/1pp) Ranged Combat (Weapon Array) 4 (+10), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +1
Weapon Array +10 Ranged, Damage 12
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 12

DEFENSE
DODGE 8 FORTITUDE 11
PARRY 8 TOUGHNESS 14
WILL 11

ABILITIES 26 • POWERS 95 • ADVANTAGES 8 • SKILLS 11 • DEFENSES 19 = 165

Background bullet points
- Wounded GI JOE/MASK combat engineer Clifton Star who got an experimental Stark suit based on his old helicopter.
Last edited by Walking Dad on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:00 am

Bladewind wrote:@Spectrum... possibility for you: Experiment with the Allspark. She's been around awhile, but is only now deemed to be low enough as a security risk to permit assignment to SG-7 (The name I will use for the team.)

Thanks, that's the direction that I was starting to go in, either as an Experiment or an Accident. While most of the Allspark creations have been mindless destructive little beastiest, Salvage somehow has enough coherence to embrace the Autobot ethos.

If there is going to be an alt mode, I'm thinking of the odd little green (?) motorcycle/ gryrocopter from MASK.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:31 am

Spectrum wrote:If there is going to be an alt mode, I'm thinking of the odd little green (?) motorcycle/ gryrocopter from MASK.

Ooooh ! A triple Changer !! 8)
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

At the moment, I just caught myself up to date on my other posting duties and I am a little wiped.

I am looking over the submissions and interest thus far, and I will try to post some comments/ feedback asap.

If I wasn't clear in my ramblings last night, several Autobots at the same relative size with cars as alt-modes do not bother me. I view it as several human characters that happen to have superpowers. The skills and powers will define each Autobot and I am looking at niche rather than "simple" robots.

Jolt = Energy controller, Ratchet = Medic, Iron Hide = Weapons Master... although slightly different in size, they are all vehicles...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: More than Meets the Eye - Interest Check

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:11 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Also, is there going to be roleplaying on the earth or just Cybertron?

You are headed to Cybertron.

Incidentally... two people pitched magic users and I sort of pulled the rug out from under them... If I assume for half a moment that you read the OP, that you know the flavor was robots and tech, I'm left with the question of... why a magic user?

That said, if you want to pitch your concepts (here or via PM) I am willing to read...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Plan B » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Or my electrical controller? I see her as a kind of medic for the cybertronians, along with being a literal back-up weapon/energy systems. Are you going to throw in some sort of device that will grant immunity life support/space environment for the trip?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:35 pm

@ Plan B

I have not checked the math yet, but I like the concept. Oddly, I initially saw her as a size changer...
I can definitely see her being recruited for her strength and her ties to SHIELD. There would be appeal there.
Any background for her yet? Where does she get her powers? Krpytonian DNA? Pym Particles?

@ kirinke

Distracting me with a good concept picture... :mrgreen:
Solid concept, fits well and is a likely candidate for recruitment by the forces bringing this group together. Good job on playing to game concept.
As with Plan B, I've not checked math but a few things jump at me:
1) Where did she get that level of Cybertronian Expertise? (Skills)
2) I don't get what you mean by the Features. It looks like a copy/ paste of the suggested features from the core rulebook... Are you suggesting that she has access to all of these options?
3) I don't see your personal nemesis complication coming up very often - just so you know...
4) Please explain the Presence. I'm seeing Tech Geek with as mush appeal as Wonder Woman :?:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Plan B » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Currently i'm thinking. Infiltrating AIM (all that alien tech), got caught, got experimented on. Shield burst in, accident happened, experiment goes wrong, super powers ensue.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Bladewind wrote:@ Plan B

I have not checked the math yet, but I like the concept. Oddly, I initially saw her as a size changer...
I can definitely see her being recruited for her strength and her ties to SHIELD. There would be appeal there.
Any background for her yet? Where does she get her powers? Krpytonian DNA? Pym Particles?

@ kirinke

Distracting me with a good concept picture... :mrgreen:
Solid concept, fits well and is a likely candidate for recruitment by the forces bringing this group together. Good job on playing to game concept.
As with Plan B, I've not checked math but a few things jump at me:
1) Where did she get that level of Cybertronian Expertise? (Skills)
2) I don't get what you mean by the Features. It looks like a copy/ paste of the suggested features from the core rulebook... Are you suggesting that she has access to all of these options?
3) I don't see your personal nemesis complication coming up very often - just so you know...
4) Please explain the Presence. I'm seeing Tech Geek with as mush appeal as Wonder Woman :?:

Actually, the features were from the the tech/electrical pdf.

She's been bouncing from one alphabet agency to another, she spent some time with the autobots (after a failed attempt from the Decepticons to kidnap her), learning about their tech and generally acting as their back-up medic and weapons system and general ace in the hole when things go pear-shaped (an electrical controller tech genius would make an intelligent robot do the happy dance if they were allies :)). She's more or less on loan from them to Stargate Command right now.

As far as her presence goes, before she became a government asset, she was a street-kid turned super-hero, her high presence in addition to her high intelligence made it a cake-walk to run circles around the authority. (Deception, bluff, intimidation, persuasion, all tie into her being able to thwart a clever madman while running multipe cons on various government agencies and bad-guys).

If you want, I can add the features to her array.

As far as complications go, those are just the bare-bones, as the story progresses (if she's chosen), I'm sure to add more, unless you have any ideas?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room