Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. (IC)

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm

@Maven: You manage to find the blue prints and layout for the village and hotel, the hotel is 6 story building, with gym, sauna, indoor pool and two restaurant areas and a large bar. I don't have handy blue prints but largly feel free add details as you see fit.

@Catalyst: 5 of the minds are clumped fairly close together with a feeling of anticipation, one close by you would say in the same room is quite bored, referancing Mavens plans you would say they were in the gym on the ground floor. The 2 others are moving though the building one would best described as pumped up ready to fight another is calm and slightly expectant.

Protectorate and Naga

You circle around with no problems the mountainous terrain and forest makes staying undectected easy.

Jennifer Blare

Its going take just shy of 3 minutes for you to teleport the 2 kilometers to the village.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Angel

Everyone's moving toward the house. Once we're close enough, Angel will turn to Catalyst and Neural and prompt them to try to get as specific as they can as to where the hostages are: which rooms, floors, etc.

Since everyone else can fly, they can take one of the targets on the higher floors, making entry where they can. Since Naga can't fly or Wall-Crawl, he should make entry on the ground floor and move toward the closest target.

That's about all I or Angel has. :lol:

Game on!
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lost_Scholar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Maven
HP:1
Condition: On the move

Maven tried his best to communicate to Angel the relative positions of what the others sensed people where in comparison to the blueprint layout. It seemed odd to him that not all of the volunteers would be together, but he hoped nothing would go wrong. He just wished they could get some sort of reading on the positions of the prototypes. They would know soon enough he supposed.

He tweaked the settings on his boots, and took off into the air toward the village. Over the commlink, Maven tried to get Angel's advice on what his role in the upcoming combat should be. "Since the first priority is the hostages, I can focus on providing mobile cover to the hostages until they are all safely evacuated, then re-engage as appropriate if that sounds good to you."
Lost_Scholar
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Protectorate
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Observing ...

After landing Vladimir looked sheepishly at Thomas, "Prastee meenya, I forgot you do not like the cold, next time I will be certain to fly lower. Come tovarich, shall we move closer to the compound?" Focusing his energies a moment, Vladimir shifted his vision into the quantum energy spectrum and observed the building through the walls themselves, pinpointing the location of the 'hostages' and the robotic opponents in this exercise.

After scanning his vision back and forth across the building a few times, he relayed the positions of those he observed within.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Plan B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:13 pm

@Protectorate. In the building you can see on 2 pairs of robots on the top floor the othe 4 are on the ground floor surrounding 5 people sitting at desks infront of laptops. The 6th person the the room is Valkryie (long standing vanguard member), your vision can't penetrate he armour at all. The other two people are wearing armoured costumes that at a glance would look like a robot, one is a young, tall, blond woman. The other is a lean asian man they appear to be arguing.
Last edited by Plan B on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Angel

"That sounds excellent, Maven," Angel said. "I know we're all Type A individuals, and we're all itching for some action, but if we can use our abilities together and often non-offensively, we stand a better chance of accomplishing zero hostage casualties."
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Catalyst
Character Sheet - HP: 1

'Angel, here, this should help you,' Mark thought aloud again. Despite saying Angel's name, he was sending the mental communication to the entire team, as well as pinpointing where the people in the building are.

Then, he thinks to directly to Neural. 'I think I have this, you're abilities are more attuned than what I was able to borrow from you. Maybe you should see what you can do inside?'

Uses mental communication to mass link everyone to the information Mark discovered on his last Perception check.

The last was thrown in because I kind of stole Walking Dad's niche here. If preferred, Catalyst can totally be the one who heads into the building, he's already flying in that direction anyway.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 pm

OOC: As a reminder, all of the above information concerning the exact locations of the robotic prototypes, along with the two armor clad agents, and Valkyrie was relayed to the team via either the mental communication, assuming it is still up, or the Commlinks
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Jennifer Blare
HP: 1

Once the young woman reached the edge of the forest, she slowed down, and landed. She took a quick moment to survay the area before teleporting to the roof of the Building, and performing a search of the roof top. Jennifer searched for any lookouts on the roof, any security systems, any doors, air vents, or other ways into the building.

She didn't want to start porting around the building and accidently appear infront of a Guard.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:23 am

Naga
HP:1 Cnd: Good to go

"Don't mention it, and thanks for the lift." Once he safely had firm ground under his, well, under him again, Thomas turned his attention to the hotel. After getting the various updates from everyone regarding the positions of the hostages and the opposition they were expecting, the ophidian agent ducked out of sight and started stealthily approaching the target.

'I'm moving in on the ground.' As he moved forward he kept eyes and ears open for any cameras or other early-warning systems, his forked tongue flicking occasionally out of his mouth to taste the air for any sign of danger.

Stealth (1d20+14=33), Perception (1d20+8=15) with Acute and Accurate Smell and Infravision.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 am

Protectorate
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Concerned ...

"Chyort voz'mi! Tovarich Blare is going in through the roof without order?? She can hear us, nyet?" Scanning the upper levels Vladimir quickly ascertained the robotic assailants had not moved from their original positions, as well as re-acquiring sight on the 'hostage' volunteers.

"Comrade Blare, stand down rebyohnuk, we are not all in position." Vladimir spoke softly into the communit, fearing the child was somehow out of range, or worse yet, blocking the mental communications.

OOC: Maintaining visual contact with Agent Blare, while monitoring the relative positions of the units closest to her. (1d20+10=17) Array still set as: Visual Penetrate Concealment; Ultra Vision, Infrared; Extended 2: -1 per 1000'. As such Blare has no cover, and cannot make a stealth check from being observed. Holding my Standard Action in case she gets into trouble.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 am

Neural
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 1

Then, he thinks to directly to Neural. 'I think I have this, you're abilities are more attuned than what I was able to borrow from you. Maybe you should see what you can do inside?'

<Actually, I think I can take over the communication part from you. In the direct fight with the machines it will be probably better for you to copy someone else. I know from experience that telepathy isn't that useful against machines.> Neural thinks back, while getting a bit closer to the hotel.

Which powers has Catalyst copied? With variable 8, he can copy up to 40pp, but Neural has spend 81pp on his powers.
---
Any possibility to do another perception check?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Plan B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Jennifer Blare

You easily navigate the off season holiday village is rife with hiding places, low walls and signs cover your advance. Teleport from chimey stack you easily weave your way, over the slanted roof towards the air ducts when sudden you feel, a high pitch noise in you bones and ear drums, the effect quite nauseating. The sound is coming from directly below.

Hound have a HP and two DC 19 will saves (dazed, stunned, asleep)

Protectorate
You watch Jennifer advance rapidly thought the town and on to roof. Until she crosss over a set of robots at with point you see her buckle and sway slightly before hearing a high pitched shrieking sound.

EVERYONE INITIATIVE
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Catalyst
Character Sheet - HP: 1

Initiative: 1d20+6=14
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 pm

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room