Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. (IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Jennifer Blare
HP: 1

Jennifer was not bored. Quietly she sat in the back of the meeting hall, not interacting with anyone, keeping out of sight, and out of mind.

She hated these meetings. Most missions were not nearly as complicated as most people liked to make them. Get in, beat the bad guy, get the goods/people, get out. Simple.

But no... People liked meetings. They Liked planning. True, plans were a good think.

Yet Jennifer had once read something that really impressed her...

No battle plan ever survived first contact with the enemy, it is a test of a soldier's true ability to adapt and overcome first contact.

Still that was the full reason for Jennifer's aloof behaviour. A large portion of her attitude came from how uncomfortable she was around a few of the members.

Jennifer had the hardest time around Angel. Jennifer had been raised a Christian, and despite the fact that she had begun to question religion when she turned thirteen, she was still not sure what she believed. Angel, despite being a mutant, made Jennifer think back to all those times she had spent studying the bible. It made her uncomfortable, and whenever possible, she avoided talking with her.

Likewise, Jennifer avoided Naga and Neural, though for different reason. Those two freaked her out. Jennifer was fairly certain she could have happily lived her life with out ever seeing a real human brain, but Neural made her see one every day, and Naga was a giant snake man! How could she not feel icky when looking at them? Still she tried to hide it, she knew neither of them had chosen their appearance or power, just like she hadn't chosen. When ever she caught herself staring at them, she felt guilty.

The only one close to her age was Maven, he was kind of cute in a nerdy sort of way. Truth be told she enjoyed being around him more than anyone else, cause he helped her feel normal.

Suddenly the Major was giving her the stink eye for not speaking up. She rolled her eyes, she knew mock battles were important but she couldn't get enthusiastic about it. "What ever." She mumbled, and folded her arms. "I'll go in through the roof's air ducts."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Plan B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

The Roskva

On the landing pad, you were all greeted with friendly but firm handshakes by Captain Black, who suggests deloying from some fields 2 kilometers from the Hotel, using the forests as cover until you reach the village. As its the closest place he'll be to land the Roskva without been seen.

Inside the Roskva while hardly spacious there is enough room to seat ten, plus the pilot. Towards the back of the plane dozens of boxs and lockers each with a different acromyn of which are told are tools you may find useful for disaster relief or rescue work.

After short flight, during Protectorate got to enjoy the scenic swiss country side, the Roskva lands as you were told in a clearing, which on closer examination a picnic area. Doors and ramps open/unlock.

"Here we are, i'll monitoring comms and satelites surveillance form here. If you need evac. i should be there in under a minute, to get "hostages" out. So get out there, kick arse and we'll be back in time for lunch. " Captain Black says tilting his chair back to agian access to another monitor.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Angel

After making sure everyone had a commlink (and it worked), Avi told everyone to gather up at a point that was close enough to the target for Neural to scan the interior and yet far enough away to stay out of sight (under cover of trees or natural terrain).

Naga was going to need a lift, and Avi asked for a volunteer to carry him.

Rules of engagement PRIOR to entering the target: Stealth first and foremost. Return fire only if fired upon and if lives were in danger (other than your own).

ROE upon entry: use non-lethal force, preserve the lives of the hostages before any other consideration, and only use enough force to capture the "enemy." This was a simulation, so don't break the toys (too much).

"Any questions?"
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Protectorate
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Observing.

Vladimir stepped forward and affixed the small unit to his ear, then tapped the earpiece. "As you Americans say, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?" He chuckled, as he perused the other equipment, locating and securing a miniaturized GPS navcom unit to his wrist bracer. Checking his location, and making small adjustments he walked towards the group, speaking softly.

"According to the Meta Minds file, the LZ should be with his telepathic range to perceive the hostages minds, nyet? As for myself, I will need to be much closer, approximately half a mile or less before I can discern the location of our robotic targets." He turned and smiled towards the tall gaunt reptillan form of Naga, extending his hand. "Of course I can cover that distance rapidly, though not without a sonic boom. Would you care for Naga and I to circle around for a second approach vector, toravich?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Catalyst
Character Sheet - HP: 1

Mark launched himself from the Roskva, shoving to be the first off the wretched plane. He knelt on the ground and dry heaved, ignoring the comments of the others. By the time he recovered, Angel was already done giving her orders.

"What function do you want me to perform? I need to know who to copy," he said.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Angel

"Pick the most utilitarian for now," Angel said to Catalyst. "Once we know where the hostages are, we can decide if another power set makes more sense."

Angel unfurled her wings with a sigh. She rolled her shoulders. "Ah, much better." The cold weather had no effect on her; she was dressed in her usual mission wear: a bodysuit and thigh high boots.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Neural
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 1

"Catalyst, you can help me scanning if you want. This isn't as easy as it sounds." Neural declares closing his eyes and concentrating, first sorting out the minds around him and then reaching out in the direction of the Hotel.

I assume I my not make this as a routine check: Perception to find hostages with detect minds. (1d20+10=14) :( no idea how difficult this should be.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Plan B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

@Walking Dad: You can detect 8 minds from approximately 2000 meters in the direction you were told the village is in. No other information on that roll.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Neural
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 1

"I can sense them. Eight minds. I would need to be more invasive to determine if they are all hostages, or if the drone controller is also there." Neural says, looking a bit dissatisfied by the amount of information he was able to provide.

Thanks for the quick OOC answer :)
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Lost_Scholar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Maven
HP:1

As they traveled to the op location, Maven activated the machine interface capability of his Gauntlet, trying to get the blueprint schematics for the hotel at the center of the village.

Technology and Gather Information (1d20+21=40, 1d20+14=25). Hoping that is good enough for a basic blueprint. Not sure what exactly to role, so role both for gathering information from the internet. Should take a minute of travel time with the enhanced contacts. Note: Got bonus on technology wrong, should be +21 not +22, my bad.

As they reached the starting point of their operation, Maven looked out the window of the Rosvka, and in his mind made a space he saw on the ground share space with himself, willing the commands to be input into the warp modules of his boots. A small quantum leap later, and he stood on the ground surveying the area.
Lost_Scholar
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Jennifer Blare
HP: 3

Jennifer only yawned as Angel went hardcore commando on the team. Unimpressed, the hot headed young youth rolled her eyes and popped a piece of gum in her mouth. Unlike most of the others, Jennifer did not wear a costume. She wore simple, baggy boy's clothes, which hid her figure. She had tied her blond hair into a lose pony tail, and her lucky hat rested safely on her head.

Neural pointed the way, and that was good enough for Jennifer. "Crash the Clankers. Herd the Sheepeople. Rocket like a Ninja." She said as she blew a bubble with her gum. Suddenly in a burst of blue psionic energy, she was gone, travelling towards the target...

Stealth check:1d20+16=24 Using Teleport to move about, aiming for the roof.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 am

Catalyst
Character Sheet - HP: 1

Mark heard Angel's command and began looking around for the powers with the most utility. It seemed to him that knowing about the environment and where the hostages were was the best bet.

Looking at Neural, Mark could see his mutant DNA overlaid on his body. It glowed brilliantly over his teammates brain, where his power was held. Mark contacted that power psionically, then pulled it into his own brain. Immediately, a sense he never had began flooding with thoughts and he could hear the thoughts of everyone around him. It took a moment, but he got it under control. It wasn't his first time copying a psychic, but it was still difficult.

'I'll widen the scan,' he thought to the others, speaking at the same time. He couldn't be sure which was his intention, but he was sure he didn't mean to do both.

Using Telekinesis, he flew up and alongside Angel. Once in the air, he began scanning for thoughts.

Most of that is purely descriptive. However, he did do three actions: configure Variable (Standard), Fly (Move) and use Perception (Move). If we are concerned with actions at this point, the flight can wait until next turn.

Perception Check: 1d20+9=21
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby McGuffin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 am

Naga
HP:1 Cnd: Good to go

Naga nodded to Angel as he adjusted the earpiece. He took Protectorate's offered hand with a little hesitation. He didn't have a problem with heights or flying (like Catalyst apparently did, he noted to himself), but the thought of flying without a plane did make him a little uncomfortable. None the less, he nodded to the Russian to signal he was ready to move out.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:29 am

Protectorate
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Concerned, and Attentive.

Vladimir watched the young girl depart, and tracked her movements as she seemingly disappeared and reappeared through some sort of psychic portal. Then he turned his attention back to his team mate, taking his hand he drifted behind Naga and scooped him up with an arm under each of Thomas' shoulders.

"Rebyohnuk, nyet? So impulsive. We, toravich, shall be more careful." With that Protectorate and Naga lifted into the air, circling in a wide sweep outwards and away from the designated target at a speed approaching the speed of sound, the thick forest whipping by beneath Naga's feet in a blur of green and brown.

"We could come in from on high, with the sun at our backs, Wagner echoing in our hearts, nyet?"

OOC: Switching Array to Quantum Flight: Super Sonic (8) & Senses (4) Extended Vision 2, IR & UV. Sweeping wide around the target area, then coming in under cover to a point opposite our LZ and about two miles out, waiting on Avi's go.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:03 am

Angel

"Once we have the hostages positions inside the house," Angel said over the comm, "we'll pick the best operator for each entry point. We only go when we're clear on assignments."
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room