Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Young Justice Roleplaying [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Young Justice Roleplaying [OOC]

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 am

Well, In case you haven't heard, the Cartoon Network show Young Justice has postponed airing until January. We are all upset, but here on the Atomic Think Tank, we have a remedy for boredom and waiting, and that remedy is roleplaying!

Rules
1. Level Requirement: 10 (150pts)
2. We're running by 3rd edition rules.
3. I need at least four players to start.
4. Have fun!

I'm recruiting until 10/21, or longer, depending on how fast players arrive.

Characters:

The Team:
-Miss Martian
-Superboy
-Nightwing
-Impulse
-Beast Boy
-Lagoon Boy
-Bumblebee
-Batgirl
-Robin (Tim Drake)
-Blue Beetle
-Wonder Girl

The Justice League:
-Green Arrow
-Captain Atom
-Aquaman
-The Flash
-Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
-The Atom
-Captain Marvel
-Black Canary
-Plastic Man
-Zatanna
-Rocket
-Doctor Fate

Other:
-Cheshire
-Red Arrow
Last edited by Harry Ham Bone on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Young Justice Roleplaying [OOC]

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:04 am

The Setup:
The Team knows who the Light's partner is. It's an alien race called "The Reach" who are abducting youths with the metagene to their own nefarious ends. After a successful rescue mission for the Team's abducted members, Nightwing was ready to reveal the Reach to the world...

...But they revealed themselves first.

Arriving at the United Nations building, they posed as a benevolent race of aliens, and G. Gordon Godfrey's coverage of the event only secured the Reach's good publicity and helped to vilify the League further.

The League is in jeaprody, Mount Justice is destroyed, and Kaldur, a double agent for the Team, has been incapacitated due to Miss Martian's misunderstanding.

Now what?
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Young Justice Roleplaying [OOC] (Recruiting)

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 am

Alright... you're new and enthusiastic. I think we have something of a duty to develop new players, for the benefit of the community in general.

At a quick glance... I need to ask some questions of your campaign... or game, perhaps.
From the cast of characters you list, you want players to stat up one of the Young Justice characters that's already on the list? No original characters?

Your second post seems to indicate that the players would be jumping into a situation that's in progress. To me, it looks like I need to already be aware of what's going on in the cartoon -which I'm not following. Is that accurate?

Finally... a Suggestion.
Based on your guerilla submission to Guild of the Bat, you probably need to see how things are done around here (the conventions we use, and the etiquette behind posting) before taking this on... also, your submission showed me that you have some gaps in rules knowledge. I'd focus on following games, submitting for games, and (hopefully) playing. Once you've been around a bit, and developed your understanding of the rules, you'll be better situated to actually step into GMing games.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Justice Roleplaying [OOC] (Recruiting)

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Okay. I'll hold off on this for a while, and play some characters. Thanks for the tip, dude.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 pm

:shock: was liking what I read here. Still, Lord Fell is right. I have a decent amount of rules knowledge and read quite a few threads before starting Legacy of War, and I still find all kinds of places where I'm missing some important details in how things are done here. Luckily everyone has been very nice in helping me out.

Still, this sounded pretty awesome. And I'd love to get down with some Superboy action. Maybe someone more experienced could do it, or something similar?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:13 pm

I like the way you think, Ryan. Hey, any YJ fans out there wanna do some GMing?
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Walking Dad » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Ryan M. Danks wrote:...

Still, this sounded pretty awesome. And I'd love to get down with some Superboy action. Maybe someone more experienced could do it, or something similar?

If someone does, I would be up for Blue Beetle, but I don't speak Spanish...
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 pm

That's okay. As long as I get dibs on Impulse. That would be totally crash with me.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Return to M&M Game Room