Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - OoC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - OoC

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Should move much faster now. :wink:
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

Oops! I should have been more clear on this point.

Simphalas is from Redmont Village/Fief. They all know each other, likely very well.

Of course, with the hood drawn and light believable in his eyes, there could be a momentary lapse of recognition.

Magus and Simphalas would be very well acquainted, what with their masters being lovers and all.

Sorry, should have been more clear on that point. The farmers know Simphalas because he frequents all parts of the fief in his training, unlike the other characters whom were all trained in a single area (Galowyn, Tarkus and Kroonin) or were split between a single area and small jaunts to the Sylvan Forest (Magus).

Simphalas would have been through some parts of the Sylvan Forest (elves wouldn't let him stray too far) and all over Redmont Fief.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am

Well I modified my post, just tweaking a few words, see if it fits now.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 am

Evolución wrote:Well I modified my post, just tweaking a few words, see if it fits now.

Wow, it took, like, two words to make that appear as if he knew them all his life (which he likely has). Nicely done!
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:
Evolución wrote:Well I modified my post, just tweaking a few words, see if it fits now.

Wow, it took, like, two words to make that appear as if he knew them all his life (which he likely has). Nicely done!

Thanks, glad you approve ;)
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Since everyone is destroying that Perception check, I'm going to assume everyone else could have made it as well. I'm going to update now, but will wait for everyone to respond to this next one before moving forward (I'll give them two day, at any rate).
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm going to guess that the git is withing a range of 1800 ft, and I can see him. Great, I have a burst range blast, so I think "I wanna cast a spell" :mrgreen:
which reminds me, a Burst damage 6 sonic explosion would be...elemental? Sonic being tied to elemental air? Or would that be electricity? Or either? Anyhow, I'll run with sonic for now.
finally, you'll see how the Mage earns his keep. =)
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Evolución » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Hm, I thought we could follow him to his hideout instead of blasting him into pieces. :shock:
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:42 pm

I used Sonic for a reason. Sonic isn't supposed to be deadly, but a concussive blast. I actually meant for that to incapacitate, not kill, and hopefully knock him out. (I believe there is something in the rules about 'pulling back punches', only I'm pulling back on killing a kid) the damage bit was merely because when I set the elemental descriptor to fire or electricity, those deal real damage. The sonic one was meant to blast him back and knock him cold. if that wasn't clear, i can edit my ooc comments about mechanics to actually state I don't want to kill him if it wasn't obvious...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 pm

To make a damage effect not kill you'll want to power stunt an Affliction, which would just cause a Fatigue level for an hour.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 am

done. I figure that we will have enough time to rest up after hog tying the bandit, and making camp (only to leave the ropes slightly loose so the bandit can escape and lead us to the hideout after thinking he has 'given us the slip'). So, yeah. Magus is now fatigued, and hopefully, the Silver Strands of Galofar spell was enough to allow you guys to catch the darned thief.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 am

Dang, Magus has the Know arcana, but no training in investigation...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am

Kroonin took the lead in interrogation, not investigation. :)
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Could I just use a straight up Expertise Arcana instead? Magus isn't much of an investigator, but he is a mystic lore person...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Could I just use a straight up Expertise Arcana instead? Magus isn't much of an investigator, but he is a mystic lore person...

Nope. It's an actual flesh and blood search. Expertise:Aracana would just lend additional insight. You can use the aid another action if you like, helping someone else with a successful DC 10 Expertise: Arcana check.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room