Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of War - OoC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of War - OoC

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Plan B wrote:
Harry Ham Bone wrote:I just remembered that Umnir's backstory says that his mother is dead, so should we disregard that exchange about visiting her?

Tarkus can just be wrong.

It has been years since they've seen each other.

bi0phillia, no problem.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Would I have enough time to prepare a few 1PP rituals? I figure that one can conduct a ritual, and set it up prepared, then fire it off when necessary. (so, its like preparing spells in 3.5 D&D. You basically cast the spell into its spell components, then when you want to use it, you speak the release words, and throw the component.) I was hoping I could 'prepare' some 1pp 'spells' in advance, you know, like searching spells, or spells that get people to speak the truth?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Do you mean those 1pp to be AEs off your magic array?
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Pretty much.
I personally figure that when most people try to emulate D&D magic, they have it wrong. I believe they instead have the Magic power with Quickness as the base power. They then set up their rituals as AEs of the Quickness, then cast the rituals later as actual spells.
I was wondering if I could just prep some normal rituals as AEs, like a zone of truth power and a scrying power as single use rituals for the day, which I just cast later when I need them. Easy, simple, not powerful at all, since they would still take as long as a normal ritual cast, and they would be for utility spells that need only be cast out of combat.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I think an AE Ritual is bending the rules quite a bit. It removes any need for ever doing a full Ritual check at the real difficulty of the effect because you always have your power ranks to go off of.

You guys aren't leaving until morning. If you want to put together a ritual at the full rank of what it is you want to do, you should have time. Set the time and make the check. If you fail, make a Fortitude check (DC = the Difficulty of the final Ritualist check) to not be Fatigued tomorrow (-1 Speed) due to staying up all night. If you succeed in the Ritualist check, you're good.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Regarding Umnir not staying at the tavern, I think he just didn't want to be near Tarkus at that moment, so he left.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

No problem. I was just pointing it out. No reason he couldn't sleep under a tree or something. Lots of rain in this country (similar to Virginia, I'm thinking) but otherwise no big deal. Not many other places to get a bed, but Umnir could always wait for Tarkus to leave, he has a castle to sleep in, after all.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Plan B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm

If its cool i'm going get everyone some horses or a least a horse and cart, in the morning. Tarkus is the Barons son after all.
    Insert witty comment here.
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Plan B wrote:If its cool i'm going get everyone some horses or a least a horse and cart, in the morning. Tarkus is the Barons son after all.

I believe I hinted to that somewhere above, but it's absolutely cool. They can each have a riding horse, which means that if even a dagger is pulled it'll be skittish as all get out and become a liability. :twisted:

Warhorses are rare and need to be trained for their specific rider for nearly a year. Yours is such a beast, free horses, not so much.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Settling things in-character. I love it!

Harry, I'm all for the rogue being a lancer to the knight's authority, but remember that he did select the leadership role, which I outlined. So far it's been fine. Umnir and Tarkus don't need to get along on their own, but as nobility, his authority would trump that of a Courier.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:05 pm

I find it interesting at the very least, that there is a power struggle going on. I do find it kinda funny that the powerful mage, wielder of the mighty and awesome magics, is still a bit pusillanimous...though he is adept at defending himself and using magic to blast his foes to oblivion, its hilarious about how he feels so meek and isn't as outspoken as Tarkus, Umnir, Galowyn, and certainly not like Kroonin! Though I do like how he could shape up to be the cautious one of the group, always thinking things through, and making sure that he keeps a level head, like the right hand man who knows right from wrong...but unfortunately happens to be a bit non-combative.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I agree. It is a good dynamic. Power struggles are fun. Luke vs. Han sort of thing.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Sorry guys, I got caught up with character designing and forgot that I said I would post again last night. I have to run out of the house for an hour or two, but I'll post when I get back.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:27 pm

The heroes's cart hasn't stopped. The one with the buff farmer is because the horse is dead.

Galowyn passed the reins to Umnir.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Lol, Harry. I feel for you. Such well-placed tactics and they aren't needed. I felt your pain in that last post. :(
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room