A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Re: A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby ecar369 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:51 am

It allows him to carry more with him when he teleports; up to 1,000 lbs.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 am

Character concept: A serial possesser. (S)he's not even sure what (s)he originally looked like / was; doesn't remember the original body at all. This is my favorite concept from an RP standpoint.

Other concepts:
A light generator. Generally can just go 'bright', which can be really damn useful in a no-electricity world, but can also do dazzle attacks and, in a real pinch, laser-intensity. Knows she's something of a symbol-of-hope (light to a dark world), and can be pretty heroic if that's the way this game is pointed.

Someone who's body just doesn't -work- like a normal person- I'm thinking anatomical separation, maybe some stretching, and definitely prehensile hair, as I've always wanted to make a PC with prehensile hair. This would be more 'gruesome monster' if that's the direction this game is pointed.

bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 am

Light generator or the body weirdness works for me the serial possessor.... not so much :/

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Let me also point that your light controller could be a pain with Mole's blindness to light.

In my opinion, your body wierdness hero sounds really neat. Additional Limbs X for prehensile hair, Anatomical Separation 5, Elongation X, and other similar powers could be interesting for this world. Just dont forget to put the Precise feat twice for some powers so there is no need for worrying about cover bonuses.

Also, Bleach, is there any specific date set for recruitment ending? I'm asking this so that others may know how much time there is to post a character. Considering interest, we definitely meet your minimum.
Last edited by XeroKhan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

freaky body it is.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Do you consider that an encouragement or a discouragement? :twisted:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm just gonna use this post to write up my app/backstory/build, kay?

MR. WYRD

The old man spoke in a slow drawl, age clear in his voice as he read to the boy, a sick young boy, who lay in bed, listening to his grandfather reading.

"The First Sister said, "When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain.""

"Hold it, what sisters?" the young boy interrupted. The grandfather turned to the sick boy, annoyance on his face. "The Sisters? Why, they are the Weird Sisters, they are mystics, with power beyond mortal comprehension..." he retorted. "You mean they're witches?" the ill boy asked eagerly. "Not exactly, but that is what most call them...they were originally called the 'Wyrd Sisters', a trio of sisters with strange gifts and powers. The word 'Wyrd', meant Fate when the play was written, and showed that these sisters had power over Fate." 'Wow...," the young boy breathed. "Were they superheroes like the ones from before, grandpa?" The old man looked deep into the eyes of the young sick child, something strange about his look, something he was holding back. "No, they were not heroes, child, they were foul and vindictive creatures that played around with the lives of mortals and played games with men's fates. This play is about one of those men." "Oh" the young boy said, a bit disappointed. "Keep on reading, grandpa." he said eagerly. The old man sighed and turned back to the old, worn out book, peering through the lenses of his wide and heavy glasses, and continued to read.

2030, or so most people believed. It was tricky to remember what year it was, in this mess. Harder to remember what the month was, let alone the date or day of the week. Most just try to get along, to survive. You don't settle down anymore, have to keep on moving. E'er since the powers came back, the world's gotten dangerous. Real dangerous. Good thing that pops was in the military, back before things were this bleak. Kept me safe for a while, till he died fighting on the front lines against some old villainous team, but by then I was old enough to take care of myself. Easy enough, just stick close to others like you. Which is a bit tricky since more of the other powers that got their abilities back after Superior's escape went rogue. I didn't have my powers back then, but then again, I only figured out I had them years ago. Or maybe it was decades. Heck, who can remember these days...searching for a home, when all you can find is a bus with a bunch of old soldiers and powers. Don't really remember much before the escape of Superior, I was a kid back then. Now? I'm just a man trying to get along in this godforsaken blighted world. And I've got powers ta boot. Darned Grandpa, never saying he was a power before the turn of the century. Figures why he was so insistent on reading me that play by what's-his-name. He was able to see what was going to happen, but he was an old man, and did nothing. He kept dropping the hints, but I was just a kid. I didn't know what the heck he was talking about, and know I do, I can't do a thing about it. But I can survive. I have my grandfather's abilities, and I can do what he could do, maybe not as well though...I can use my gifts...to survive.

Mr. Wyrd

PL 9 135PP

Abilities: 18
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 10
INT 14
WIS 20
CHA 12

Saves: 14
Toughness 0/11
Fortitude 4 (4p)
Reflex 6 (5p)
Will 10 (5p)

Skills: 10
Concentration 12 (+17)
Knowledge:Psychology 5 (+7)
Notice 15 (+20)
Sense Motive 8 (+13)

Feats: 5
Power Attack
Ritualist (uses Know:Psych instead of Arcane ~ Psychic Meditation)
Trance
Ultimate Save (Will)
Uncanny Dodge (mental)

Powers: 55
Telekinetic Shield Force Field 11 11p
Second Sight Super-Senses 2 (Danger Sense-mental, Mental Awareness) 4p
AP: Super-Senses 4 (Precognition) [flaws: Uncontrollable]
AP: Super-Senses 4 (Postcognition) [flaws: Uncontrollable]
Telekinetics Telekinesis 11 24p
AP: Psychic Blast Strike 11 [extras: Range(Perception)]
AP: Psycho-Crush Mental Blast 5 [feats: Slow Fade, Sedation]
Mind Link Telepathy 9 20p
AP: Psychic Override Mind Control 8 [feats: Mental Link, Subtle] {player note: Wyrd considers his Psychic Override to be a last resort, useful only during extreme circumstances. He generally uses it to end conflict peacefully, though hates it every time he uses it.}
AP: Tricks of the Mind Illusion 8 (all sense types) [flaws: Action(Full), Phantasms; feats: Progression 2(25ft radius)]

Combat: 24
Attack 5 (10p)
Damage 0 unarmed, 11 Strike
Defense 7 (14p)
Initiative 1

Abilities 18 + Saves 14 + Skills 10 + Feats 5 + Powers 55 + Combat 24 = 126 PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:08 pm

As you wish, kenmadragon.

and it's couragement, don't be dissing my en

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Mole's bio has been updated.

Common Terms I will use:

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 am

Write up on biologically-diverse character later today. Battling bad headache / migraine.

bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:16 am

Awesome, nobody expect too much from me today, sisters 18th and i have to suffer -_-'

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 am

(Background will come soon. Still looking for an appropriate picture).

DIVERSE
Biologically exceptional 'human'

Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: Usually 5'8"
Weight: 160ish
Hair: Often dark
Eyes: Mismatched, variable

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 9
Power Points: 135
Max Attack: 9
Max Defense: 9
Max Save DC: 9
Max Toughness: 9

ABILITIES
STR: 26 (+8)
DEX: 22 (+6)
CON: 26 (+8)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 8 (-1)

COMBAT
Attack 4 (Melee 8, Ranged 4) [Unarmed +8 (Bruise)]
Defense 8 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 6

SAVES
Toughness 8 (8 flat-footed)
Fortitude 8
Reflex 6
Will 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 10 (+16)
Bluff 2 (+1)
Climb (+8)
Concentration (+2)
Diplomacy (-1)
Disguise (-1)
Escape Artist (+6)
Gather Info (-1)
Handle Animal (-1)
Intimidate 14 (+13)
Knowledge
-Current Events 1 (+2)
-Theology/Philosophy 1 (+2)
Medicine 1 (+3)
Notice 8 (+10)
Search (+1)
Sense Motive 8 (+10)
Stealth 6 (+12)
Survival (+2)
Swim 1 (+9)

LANGUAGES
Spanish, Elder Tongue, Latin

FEATS
Acrobatic Bluff
Attack Focus, Melee (4)
Dodge Focus (3)
Fearsome Presence (5)
Elusive Target
Evasion (1)
Grappling Finesse
Improved Grab
Ambidexterity
Improved Pin
Chokehold

POWERS
Elasticity (Alternate powers: Morph, Slithering) (Flaw: Cannot elongate) 3
Immunity (Appearance effects, disease, fear, madness, poison) 5
Extra Limb 3
Anatomical Separation (Extra: Variable Split) 2
Insubstantial 1
Regeneration (all damage steps, 1 rank each) 5
Speed 1
Super-strength 3

MOVEMENT
Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
Leaping: 20 ft/10 ft/5 ft
Speed: 90 ft (10 mph)

LIFTING
Light: 1.2 tons, Med: 2.4 tons, Heavy: 3.7 tons
Max: 7.4 tons, Push: 18 tons

DRAWBACKS
Complications: Inhuman biology. Secret (heritage)

SUMMARY
Abilities 48 + Skills 14 (54 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 35 + Combat 18 + Saves 0 – Drawbacks 0 = 135 / 135

bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:37 am

Ok, so now that we've got our players, we begin real soon.

You'll start on one of the highways in America, your convoy of six school buses, four of them with civilians in, children and adults mostly, as well as supplies and three or four ex-marines/ex-cops who all carry assault rifles. They're part of the Law Corps, the name that was given to your superheroes who help people.

With Evolución's permission, i'd like the Agent to be a former supervillain who is kept on a seperate bus, guarded at all times by one superhero and four Lawmen.

The last bus i though you guys could debate amongst yourselves. Does it carry supplies, some sort of experimental powered armour, or even something far more dangerous... The choice is yours. And is it kept a secret from the civilains?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 am

I call Scout. With Mole's digging speed and tremor senses, he can quickly read what's ahead and warn the others. As for the others, Shift could be our supply grabber, the body wierdness person (i forget the name) could be guarding Agent (Evolucion's permission of course), Mr. Wyrd could be perimeter security, and Python... I have no idea of where to put him.

As for the extra bus, you fellows can figure that out, because I have no immediate ideas on the top of my head.

Common Terms I will use:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 am

No, Mr. Wyrd was his grandfather. Just call him Wyrd. And his second sight is just danger sense and mental awareness, so should I boost that by two points to get radius and acute? Also if mole is our underground scout, I could have him linked to me by telepathy to send information.

Return to “M&M Game Room”