Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh! Idea!

Wyrd mentioned in an OOC post that he would be leader until someone else took over. What if thats a part of his characters backstory! Hear me out:

Originally, there was a hero leading the convoy, his power was in fact a sort of low level area boost with an emotional aura attached, it meant you guys got a little more powerful with him, at the same time you felt braver until he died in battle. Now Wyrd is acting leader but doesnt feel he can fill Valiant's shoes. Comments?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Fine by me.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Interesting twist, Bleach. I'll go with the idea.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Fair enough!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:08 am

Ok, so i mentioned before if anyone had storylines they wanted to present to work with.

Mole - His real parents

Anybody else got something?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Wyrd has BOTH Precog and Postcog, both of which have the uncontrollable flaw...Go crazy with them, give him visions of the future that either give him grief or hope, and motivate him...I didn't want to state what he sees exactly since that might be contrary with your plot line. Maybe, something about them needing to do something, or something that he would want to prevent. I dunno, they are uncontrollable, so it's up to you when they manifest and show him stuff.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 pm

..... He knew his grandfather was a hero right?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:44 pm

That was one of his first few visions...He kinda beats himself up over that, since his grandpa would keep dropping hints about it. (ie. The reading of Macbeth, with a highlight on the witches...) In fact, it is because his grandfather was a hero that he started to call himself by his grandfather's pseudonym, Wyrd. Wyrd means Fate, and his grandfather was a stronger psychic, and the better seer, able to actually manipulate fate. He doesn't really know what happened to his father, though he does know his father was a soldier. He is unsure of whether his father is still alive, since he disappeared a long time ago, going out to fight, and not coming back. Wyrd currently believes his father is dead.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:41 pm

...... I can work with that :twisted:

So he hero-worships his grandfather (pun unintended) and is currently totally unaware of his father...

Dance puppets, dance!
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I wouldn't say hero worships...he half curses his grandfather at times for never giving him straight answers, or telling about the powers running in the family. He was close, but more like a close friend rather than hero worship. He knew his father as a kid, but his dad disappeared about 15 years ago when Wyrd was about 7 of 8.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Aaaaah ok.

Oh, and i re-read the scene with him reading the book to the young boy..... I have a plot hook or two ;)
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby poodle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm

would datalink PF:machine control allow me to speak to machines communication seems to only allow communication to computers.
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Good lord, okay, had a heck of a weekend (opening weekend for my show), so now I'm back.

A 'base' background on Diverse is that her mother was, for lack of a better term, a crazy cthulhu cultist. When you mate with a being from beyond time and space, the child... Sometimes just isn't right. Diverse would be that, in spades.

I haven't got much background beyond that, honestly, but I'm vacillating between her wanting to fit in, and her wanting to say, "Yeah, nuts to you!" To the humanity that largely see her as a freak.

As for possible plot hooks- there are always more cultist, and being a child of a being from another dimension, it's always possible dad wants to come for a visit, or something similar.

Hope that's a good start. I'd also like, if possible, to link with other folks' backgrounds, as I find it's just easier to RP at gamestart with such things.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby bleachfreak247 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

The linking with other abckgrounds.... if the other agree, we can work things out

Also, does anyone have ideas for how they met Valiant?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Question: I mentioned in my last post IC that I wanted both Shift and Mole to keep in telepathic communication and make reports of what they find telepathically...is it possible that Mole would remember that (having been in situations like this before in character, since they have been traveling together for a while like this), and, o, I don't know, scream out in his mind, 'There's an infected elephant! A freaking ELEPHANT!' or something along those lines, just to let us know...Cuz I believe that an elephant would be rather problematic...especially if it got by them, and managed to get to the buses before we could prepare to take it on...so, I don't know, whichever of you saw that thing, I remind you that you can still call out to Wyrd and tell him there is an infected elephant that could potentially attack the buses...just a thought...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room