Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby poodle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I was thinking of a character with machine empathy- mechanical skills would definitely go along with that. When I get time I'll try to stat it up. I guess he would be a battlesuit with robot minions for want of a better description.
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby bleachfreak247 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Awesome.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Great, and do you mind if I offer a suggestion Poodle? Seeing as you are going for a machine empathy, I'm guessing you're going to be our resident scientist. So, if you are going to be resident scientist, I would like to suggest that you don't forget to put a rank or two in Medicine, since you will probably be the closest thing to a doctor that the colony would have...That and it would be cool if you used your machine empathy in a manner to experiment with nanobots, and try to get them to act as a cure? If so, the sixth bus could basically be your workshop, complete with mini generator, workshop, and possibly a space for treatment. Cuz that's kinda what the team is missing, the 'doctor/scientist'. Please don't feel like I am pushing this, because I am merely offering a suggestion, do as you will.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

That sound very viable, Kenma. If anything, I second that motion.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby poodle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 pm

umm ok. I hadn't really thought about him being a medic, and nano-machines seemed a little more hi-tech than I had in mind but I don't mind if that Niche needs to be filled.

Fixxxer pl 9 135pp 2e

Fixxer was a nostalgia buff. He loved hearing about the good old days from his grandma. Machines ruled the world, the cars were everywhere. His grandma who was apparently something called a mettler was the one who raised him, and named him. He thought she would be pleased the first time he made a machine for her, a talking robot to help her with the chores. She tried to explain that wasn't how machines were made and they shouldn't do that. He brought her a talking car instead but that still wasn't right. Together they experimented to see what else he could make or do. When the raiders attacked their township, it wasn't until he saw his grandma, bleeding that he learned his other powers. Summoning metal and machinery to himself he transformed into Metallica. After a short nasty fight, the raiders were soon taken care of. He doesn't really like being metallica, he prefers to talk to his 'friends' like the trucks and robots he repairs. He can't understand why no-one else can do it.

Str 10 (+1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 16 (+3)
Char 12 (+1)
22pp

Attack +5 /Defence+5
20pp

Toughness +2
Fortitude +2 +7=9
Reflex +3 +6=9
Will +3 +6=9
21pp

Skills
Computer (int) 8+2=10,Craft: mechanical (int) 12+2=14, Diplomacy (char) 8+2=10, Disable device (int) 8+2=10, Drive (dex) 12+3=15, Knowedge: technology (int) 8+2=10, Medicine (wis) 8+3=11, Notice (wis) 8+3=11, Pilot (dex) 12+3=15, Stealth (dex) 8+3=11, Survival (wis) 8+3=11.
25pp

Skills
Second chance: craft mechanical, second chance: drive, second chance:stealth. hide in plain sight, inventor.
5pp

22+20+21+23+5=91
Powers.
Alternate Form7
Impervious protection12 flaw-2 duration (permanent-sustained) 6pp
Strike 13 13pp
Shapechange2 limit-technological only 14pp
Dynamic 1pp
communication 1

Metallica

Motorbreath
comprehend machines2 PF: mechanical machines as well

DAP-master of puppets 2pp
Summon minion 9
Heroic minion 9, PF: mental link, PF: sacrifice, PF: progression 2 (5 minions),
33pp

use the stats for medium robot and add 2 ranks of shapechange limited-technology only). They will use the shapechange to provide different movement forms and the ability to communicate with Fixxer

AP-Blitzkrieg
Blast 10, extra:area, PF: selective, PF:increased area2, PF:increased range 2

AP-Seek and destroy
Blast10, penetrating,PF:homing2, PF: indirect1, PF:increased range2
Last edited by poodle on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ecar369 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 am

For the record, Shift's got points in medicine, so if you wanna move those points somewhere else feel free Poodle.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby bleachfreak247 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 am

One NPC i'm sure you're all love to hate is Joker who has either the privelage or punishment to be the unlucky sod at the front of the convoy, driving the head schoolbus. He has two main duties aside from driving.

He's in charge of the routes taken and he's in charge of teaching people to drive.

Unfortunately, he's also in charge of the radio systems that connect the buses and he's got the only work CD player.

The electrical villain requires a high level of electricty to pull through. The bigger the distance, the more power he needs and a CD player barely pulls enough juice for him to jump more than ten feet. And at this time, he's in China :P

So Joker has a fondness for old rock and roll, heavy metal and, on occasion, cheesy country music, like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrdQnJR7tDw
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:33 am

So now we are set, are we starting anyday soon?
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby ecar369 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:05 pm

So Evo, I just realized, your character has a car, but he's currently on lockup. Are we just like towing it around for him? And when's he ever gonna get the chance to use it?
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes he does. I figured the others should have it for now. However, they might not know all its secrets.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm

We start some time tomorrow. Why wait? Cus it's 2 30 am and i am f*cked :P good night!
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:02 am

Any requests for a storyline you'd like to tackle at a later date? Or possibly any particular way to start the game?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:18 am

That's your work man :lol:
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 am

Funny man :P

I meant stories with your characters or stuff involving backstor you'd all like to involve in the story. If theres an idea you want to work out, please let me now
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm

I was basically caught by someone, something that is rather impressive accounting for The Agent's ability to slither out of trouble. Whoever wants to claim that feat as their own is free to do so whit all it entitles (Agent is not particularly happy with that.).
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room