Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby bleachfreak247 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

In this universe, Asgard is closed off in a "No entry, nor exit" and as a little like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Asgard as simply a race of technoloigcally advanced aliens.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:26 pm

It was only a thought. I will think of something else like...

A BATTLESUIT! jk

seriously, I will think of somthing else. I prefer Asgard as it was originally intended, but it's the GM's call.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Mole
PL 9, 135pp

-ABLILITIES-
STR 20
DEX 14
CON 20
INT 14
WIS 20
CHA 12

-SAVES-
Toughness +9 (+5 Flat Footed)
Fortitude +5
Reflex +5
Will +7

-SKILLS 16-
(Total shown unless specified)
Concentration +10
Diplomacy +6
Disable Device +7
Escape Artist +7
Gather Info +6
Knowledge (Earth Science) +7
Notice +10
Search +7
Sense Motive +14
Sleight of Hand +7
Stealth +7
Survival +10

-FEATS-
Ambidexterity, Blind Fight, Chokehold, Defensive Roll 4,
Dodge Focus 4, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab,
Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Pin,
Instant Up, Move-By Action, Power Attack,Prone Fighting

EQUIPMENT 1

-Pickaxe [renamed from battleaxe](4 ep)
--Strike 3
---mighty

-Gas Mask (1 ep)
--Immunity 1
---Suffocation by deadly gas/smoke, etc.
-POWERS-

Burrowing 7
-100 MPH
-Innate
-Subtle 2

Immunity 1
-Suffocation underground
-Innate

Super Movement 1
-Slithering
-Innate

Super Senses 6
-Darkvision
-Low-Light Vision
-Tremor Sense
-*Innate*

-COMBAT-
Attack +10, Grapple +18, Damage +5 (Unarmed), +8 (Pickaxe)
Defense +9 (+5 Flatfooted), Knockback -4 (-2 flatfooted), Initiative +10

BIO
It began when an elderly couple found an infant half buried in the dirt. This couple were Gladys and Sherman Emberfield. Gladys was a retired high school teacher as Sherman was a miner; because of Sherman's constant work, the boss gave the couple a small underground home just outside the mine Sherman worked for. When the couple found the infant, Sherman only chuckled and said, "Well, look at this little mole." Ever since, that child was called Mole. He was found the very hour that the electricity all over the world vanished with no trace. As Mole grew, Gladys taught him what he needed to know while Sherman strengthened him through mining a little coal for the supper fire.
The time came for Mole's 16th birthday, and after a day of working, Gladys and Sherman threw a small party for Mole. Sherman gave Mole an old miner's outfit and gas mask. "You don't know what may happen out there, boy." Sherman told Mole. Gladys gave Mole a tattered copy of "The Journey to the Center of the Earth." "That story was one of my favorites, and I hope you'll like it too." Gladys said. Mole thanked the two and ran to his dug-out room and read the tale all night long. In the cover of the book was a message to Mole from Gladys saying:

"Mole,

When we found you as a baby, I knew you were meant for greatness. I hope some day, you may discover who your parents are/were and that you may use our gifts as a message that our Lord is always watching and protecting you.

-Sherman and Gladys Emberfield"

Upon the next morning, Mole found Gladys and Sherman both dead of old age in the very seats they sat in the previous night, still smiling.

Mole dug the couple's graves inside the house and made the house collapse. The only things Mole had then were his gifts from the previous night and the pickaxe he used to dig coal with. However, upon exiting the home, Mole was blinded for the first time and fell to the ground. He soon found himself digging a hole very quickly and hid there until night time. This was when Mole received his super powers.
It was a few years since then and he began noticing people camping close to him. He approached the small community to be quickly accepted and helped out. That was when Mole decided that he would help these very people with the gifts he was given by Gladys and Sherman.

COMPLICATIONS
1. Cannot see in the daytime, but can see clearly at night.
2. He must protect the people who accepted him as their leader and protector
3. He never knew his biological parents, but he has the feeling that they are still alive somewhere...

Any problems, Bleach?
Last edited by XeroKhan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby bleachfreak247 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Aside from a need to say "Utini!" when i look at him, i'm all good.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

edited stats to add a pickaxe and a gasmask as well as boost some reflex and will saves for 3 less attack. any probs with this, Bleach?

Common Terms I will use:
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm

What kind of a feel are you going for here?
Dark but hopeful?
Grimdark?

I'm just curious what kind of a tone you want set for the game. Is it possible to have a heroic tone, or are you aiming more for a "what sacrifices must be made to succeed" style?
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Posting Interest.
Would like to ask the same questions Arklite just asked.
Noted that no magic characters, but wondering if psionic/psychic characters are okay.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Another question: Powers and feats from supplements: Allowed or no?
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby bleachfreak247 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 am

Power and feats for supplements: ..... show me what you got first.

Tone: Sort of a clash, parts will have a lighter more heroic tone, other parts will have a sort of darker feel. while there is a story arc, at the first couple of story arcs will be kind of one shots to get a feel for how everyone plays.

Psychic powers: If you mean like the power to read minds or telekinesis, sure. If you mean like 'connected to the aetherial realm' no.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 am

Great, I was thinking the former, with not only the read minds bit but also telekinetics and pre/postcog perhaps. I need to revise the build I have in my mind to PL 9, but it shouldn't take too long. I'm thinking the son of some ancient seer, who died when he lost his powers and second sight, and now the powers are back, he has inherited his father's abilities.

Also, I'm thinking of giving him the Ritualist feat, but using Expertise: Sciences, rather than arcane lore, since I wanted him to be able to spend time in concentration, meditating on bringing out some other aspect of his psychic potential. So, it would work just like the normal Ritualist feat, but uses Expertise Sciences and is written as deep meditation, rather than mystic chantings and sigils.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 am

Any decision about waterbending?
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 am

Ok, sounds good but... by anceint seer i really hope you just mean old superhero, cus if you're thinking about pulling some sort of ancient times deal, sorry to break it to you but that wouldn't work. Where the powers come from is a part of the future storyline, and there weren't any powers in anceint times.

On the waterbending front, i'm going to have to veto it. The design is sound but it's the backstory with the magic aspect that killed it. If you want to rtool it to a more modern character or make a new character entirely, feel free
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 am

Would the same sort of character (Immortal from the past) work with a non power build? A skills character, with the only power being immortality.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 am

Nope. Can't tell everything because.... you know, spoilers, but the powers only really started after the cold war ended. For the first time. So no ancient immortals
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 am

Ancient was probably not the best word to use, since I just meant that he was an old man who could use second sight. I'm thinking that his dad would have gone by the pseudonym Mr. Wyrd. Then my character would take up his dads name when he found out that he had the same powers.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room