Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 am

While the recruitment for the main players is over, i am still recruiting other heroes to join the team at a later date, as well as lesser villains or even other survivors. For some of these, i'll hand you a very broad role to play your own way, other times i'll give you a title ( {insert name of your choice here} the bandit or the survivor) stuff like that and let you play the role any way you want, be it friend, foe or fiend.

I hope we can find others to play along because this is a story i plan to work hard on.

A Secret Location
June 16th 2016

Striding confidently forwards, the Prime Minister took his seat in the High Command. He and seven other national leaders had their seats and sat atop their podiums, looking down on the prisonner.

High Command was all that was left after the Fall, when the superheroes all lost their powers. Before them, was Superior, the last supercriminal who had evaded capture on that fateful day almost twenty years ago.

He looked well, for a man in his early hundred and forties, he looked like he'd barely aged at all. He wore an expensive suit that had been tailored for him in his cell by some of the few Daedalus Golems left, while he'd been restrained with a Boom-Boom around his neck. Now he was simply bound in solid chains with a gun train on him from a dozen hidden soldiers.

The Prime Minister opened the file before him, skimming down the information

"Superior" He read aloud
"Age: 140
Powers: An enhanced physiology, including incredibly high intellect, memory and ability to process and extrapolate information, as well as enhanced physical abilities.
Crimes: Murder, genocide of the Middle Eastern nation of Iraq, kidnapping, biological and chemical weapons trafficking and other assorted crimes." Glancing up at the criminal, he spoke a little louder "How do you plead?"

Superior managed the kind of smile that made even the most dangerous people flinch, though the smile didn't reach the cold murderous sociopaths eyes.

"Guilty, your honour. Of those crimes and thousands of others you pathetic quivering piles of bile and filth."

They each spoke their piece, asking about specific crimes and getting gruesome and overly detailed answers, each delivered with glee, even as Superior kept his eyes locked on the Prime Minister.

Hours of constant dull repetitive question went on until it finally died away for the reading of the verdict.

"Superior, we find you guilty of countless crimes. You have admitted guilt, and we sentence you to death, to be carried out here..." there was a pause as Superior threw back his head, laughing and stood, snapping the chains about his body as easily as he might draw breath.

"Nope. Sorry. Things to do." He turned and, with a laugh, spoke
"Superior, Activation Code k24JT8GN39G5NW40GK"

there was an impact and the Prime Minister shrieked as his chest burst open, a bomb exploding, killing everyone but the criminal with a scorching blast of white hot light, as Superior chuckled, pulling the Prime Ministers access key from his pocket...

"A world to bring back.... a world.... of Heroes...."

The screen turned black and Revenant shook his head in disgust. He'd found the old robot that had been programmed to believe it was Prime Minister Jones of England, before Superior had escaped and brought back the powers.

From the corpse of a horse beside him, he tore off a second handful of flesh, holding it over the roaring fire until it was burnt black and then tore into it, devouring it with his other hand as the burnt one slowly healed.

His gun was still at his feet, in case he needed it, before rising to his feet and stretching, beginning the next leg of his journy down the road.

Ok, my indulgence is done, promise.

Ok, a 2E game, PL 9, 4-6 players.

the backstory i'll keep brief. After the cold war, superheroes began to rise, working with the government or as self sufficient groups to take on Supercriminals who used their powers for selfish or just plain evil purposes.

On December 31st 1999, at Midnight, all the powers vanished. Thousands of superhumans, criminal and not, fell from the skies and died as their ability to fly left them. Heroes were torn apart by criminals packing heat, though some of the more pragmatic heroes did the same. Criminals were captured, killed and some escaped, though they were soon found by some of the more skill based heroes, though not long after laws were passed forbidding caped vigilantes from operating and soon it had died out, save for comics and old movies.

Then, when Superior escaped, somehow, all the powers came back, in the few heroes left alive and, more important, in other new supers and the child of the former heroes.

Of cause, all the criminals broke out, their powers stronger than ever and much more skilled in their use. After years of battle, the world just fell apart. Electricity was no longer a viable power source after one super criminal discovered he could teleport anywhere where there was electricity and his powers made him almost impossible to defeat. the Governments shut down all electricity and not long after that, a plague was unleashed that created zombies and other monsters.

Now, thirty years after that, the world is a little less hectic, though still dangerous. The cities aren;t safe at all and many small communities exist.

Think like that show Revolution but with superpowers and zombies.

The players will be the leaders of a small community who start out as a convoy of school buses. Their powers and the remnants of an old military unit make them dangerous to attackers.

As mentioned, PL 9, the players won't be the only supers in the community but they will be the most powerful ones. They can be the grandchildren of former heroes, or super criminals, they can be soldiers. Anything is ok, but no magic based heroes and boost is two ranks only and can be applied to either abilities, powers or skills, one of those only.
Last edited by bleachfreak247 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Re: A World Forgotten (Recruitment and OOC.)

Postby Shadow13 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:08 pm

So if I built up a cross between Gambit/Arsenal that would work for your game?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]
Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 pm

PYTHON

Name: Hector Coleman
Hgt: 6'1"
Wgt: 220 lbs.
Hair: None
Eyes: Green
Quote: "Oh i get it, this is the part where i hiss, flex my biceps and show off my fangs to make you talk. Real life isn't scripted, people so grow up."

PL 9 (135pp)

Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (+0)

Toughness: +6/+2, Fortitude: +5, Reflex: +8, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Climb 4 (+5), Escape Artist 8 (+11), Intimidate 8 (+0), Stealth 8 (+11), Survival 8 (+11)

Feats: Blind-Fight, Environmental Adaption (Desert), Power Attack, Startle

Powers: Enhanced Constitution 8, Enhanced Strength 10, Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious), Regeneration 6 (injured 1/5 minutes, staggered 1/5 minutes, disabled 1/hour, Power Feats: Regrowth),
Strike 2 (claws; Power Feats: Mighty), Super Senses 3 (Darkvision, scent), Super Movement (Slithering, wall crawling), Super Strength 5 (Heavy Load: 8 Tons)

Combat: Attack +10, Grapple +13, Damage +1 (unarmed), Defense +10, Knockback -1, Initiative +3

Complications: Ugly appearance ("Oh my god, a walking and talking lizard!!!")

Total: Abilities 16 + Skills 10 + Feats 4 + Powers 55 + Combat 40 + Saves 9 = 135 pp

History:

Hector Coleman could never remember when there was such a thing as normalcy. Especially normalcy that can last. A reptilian mutant since birth, the so called "Santa Fe Gila Monster" had always toed the line between hero and villain for several years before the events which caused the loss of his power and somehow reverted him into a human form. Elated, Coleman did his best to conform in normal society and mostly succeeded.

Much to his anger but not to his surprise however, the day soon came when his powers (and hideous appearance) returned as he was about to propose to a woman he was courting. Talk about bad timing.

But with the world recently going straight to hell, such anger and regrets over his looks would have to be put aside.

Besides it did felt good beating the stuffing out of the bad guys again.
Last edited by Cold Steel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:17 pm

This is a quick and dirty bio which i'll fix later. Let me know if there are changes needed. Basically he's a reptilian powerhouse character.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 am

Nope that looks ok to me

shadow: Gambit i know but who the heck is Arsenal? and how would the cross work?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Shadow13 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 am

Arsenal is Roy haprer aka Speedy/Red Arrow ex side kick of Green Arrow.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]
Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 am

So you want someone who can charge stuff up to explode and is Robin Hood with a grudgier edge?
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Shadow13 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 am

More or less. The "tricks" are from his powers. Basicaly a blaster/scrapper hybrid type charecter.
Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 am

Awesome, works for me.

While ammo is pretty hard to come by, i'll let you guys have guns. Petrol (or gas for the americans amongst you) isn't all that hard to come by, stop at a station and theres most likely a gang who'll pump out some fuel for you inexchange for food, ammo or a little fun time with some of the ladies. Some of them are less friendly about it though. Depends how you want to run it.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 am

Vladimir Kulmov, AKA The Agent

Former superspy and hired assassin Vladimir has always been a shadow that escapes the scene before every mayor comflic started. Keeping in secret and pulling strings the cold and calculator Russian, The Agent remained a wanted criminal, even when his supernatural ability to not age or regenerate from injure shut down, leaving him in a hospital. He managed to avoid detention, although no one knows for sure how. With his vitality back, he came to have more of a sense of humanity than before.

Abilities ( 34 pp)
Strength: 18 (+ 4 )
Dexterity: 14 (+ 2 )
Constitution: 18 (+ 4 )
Intelligence: 18 (+ 4 )
Wisdom: 12 (+ 1 )
Charisma: 14 (+ 2 )

Combat ( 26 pp)
Attack Melee: 9
Attack Ranged: 11
Grapple: 13
Defense: 8
Initiative: 6

Saves ( 20 pp)
Toughness: 10
Fortitude: 9
Reflex: 9
Will: 9

[b]Skills ( 31 pp)

6 ( 4 ) Acrobatics
10 ( 8 ) Bluff
12 ( 8 ) Computers
12 ( 8 ) Knowledge (History)
8 ( 4 ) Disable Device
10 ( 8 ) Disguise
10 ( 8 ) Drive
6 ( 4 ) Escape Artist
10 ( 8 ) Gather Inf
12 ( 8 ) Investigate
12 ( 8 ) Knowledge (Tactics)
4 ( 4 ) Language
5 ( 4 ) Medicine
9 ( 8 ) Notice
6 ( 4 ) Pilot
12 ( 8 ) Search
9 ( 8 ) Sense Motive
6 ( 4 ) Sleight of Hand
10 ( 8 ) Stealth

Feats( 35 pp)
All out attack
Attack focus (ranged) 2
Defensive roll 2
Dodge focus 4
Equipment 17
Favored enviroment (Urban)
Quick draw 2
Hide in plain sight
Imp. Aim 1
Master plan
Move by action
Power attack
Sneak attack 1

Powers ( 14 pp)
Immunity (Aging, Disease, Poison) 3 [ 3 pp ]

Regeneration 11 [ 11 pp ]
(Recovery bonus +9, Recovery rate Bruised and injured)

Equipment Cost
Camera, Commlink, Flash googles, Gas mask, Multitool, Binoculars 7
Vehicle: compact car (Toughness +8, Large, Alarm 1, Hidden compartments 1, Oil slick, Smokescreen) 13

Weapons
Heavy pistol 8
Knife 4
Machine pistol 9
Sap 3
Sleep gas granade 12
Smoke granade 4
Sniper rifle 13
Sword 5
Tactical vest 4
Last edited by Evolución on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 am

Interesting.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm

I know you've stated no magical characters. Does this mean that supernatural elements aren't allowed as well? (I was considering a phantom / ghost / specter character)
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Note that build has been added.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby bleachfreak247 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 am

Playing someone who is in a ghost-like state because of their powers is fine, an outright ghost is a no no.

And Evo, i'm considering letting the waterbender thing go but we'll see.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 pm

I could get into this. I believe Sigurd Volsung, the legendary hero of Norse Mythology, would fit in this quite well.

My only question is would the "Superpower Black-Out" influence Asgard or not?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Next

Return to M&M Game Room