Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Time of Crisis: Chapter 4 Through a Glass, Darkly

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Firekin

"No plan is perfect. There is no way to guarantee the human's safety. Standing around wringing your hands will not alter their fate either."

Oh, man, they're going to hate me, Inge thought.

This is not my concern. The time for acting is now.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you...for once.

That is not my concern either.

You know that you're a dick, right?

...

Well, you do now, Inge thought. Her inner tone was one of derision, as if she had found a cockroach crawling on her shoe. Power, responsibility...whatever. You just don't have to treat people this way.

And one of these days she was going to get her body back!
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby levinwurth » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Fletch
(HP: 1 Condition: Fine)

After a moment's thought, Fletch nods towards Firekin.

"She has a point - no battle plan survives contact with the enemy. If we're going in, we go in now. First priority should be to get the civilians out, then we stop those guys if we can."


He looked over at the others, particularly at Warp.

"If you can teleport fast enough, you should get as many people out as you can. We'll use whatever cover we can get to get the rest clear."
Active Characters

3E Time of Crisis - Fletch
Destiny: Origins - Sean
Assorted Character Builds
User avatar
levinwurth
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:42 am
Location: Dudley, UK

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Omega Girl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Rescue
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

"Captain Maddicks wouldn't call in supers if negotiations were panning out. We can and should dedicate one or two soldiers to escort civilians clear. I volunteered, but if anyone thinks they can do it better they're welcome to take the position. I'd just like to get in there before the situation turns south."
User avatar
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Seattle area

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Ysariel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Warp
Condition: Normal / HP: 2

"In the blink of an eye," Warp promised Polymath cockily, and nodded at the others. "Ready when you are," she said.

Once you indicate to Warp where you want to go (either by Kaldor feeding her the plans or you Polymath showing her), she'll ask everyone who wants to come along to hold her hands and stunt the following off her Space/Time Control:

"Teleport Assault" Teleport 5 [Range: 900 ft; capacity: 1,600 lbs] (Accurate +1, Easy, Increased Mass 5) 21pp

900 feet ought to be enough to get you fairly far into the casino and 1600 should be able to carry all of you along.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby baixiwei » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Polymath

Sigh. No plan survives first contact - but for some reason people still make plans. Except us, because we're SUPERheroes. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be human - er, mostly human. Polymath's thoughts are "loud" enough that Kaldor can pick up on them easily, but he doesn't share them out loud.

"All right, can we at least try to coordinate a little if we're going in like yahoos? Weather Mistress seems to be leading the gig and she's in a separate room from the others. No radio contact. Warp, can you port us in to this room?" He marks the spot with a flashing red dot on the map in his brain, expecting Kaldor to pass it on to Warp. "If we're lucky, we can take her down fast and quiet without the others noticing until we're done. Then we'll have less bad weather to deal with."

OOC wrote:Am I understanding right that she's separated off from the others from what I can see on the security cams?
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Ysariel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am

Warp
Condition: Normal / HP: 2

Warp looked towards the building as the location of Polymath's intended destination appeared in her mind. She didn't like the challenging tone in the scientist's voice - it made her feel she was being goaded into something - but she just wanted to get this over with. "Hold my hands," she said, spreading her gloved arms. "It's easier this way."

Warp didn't really understand how she did what she did, and neither did her friends. But when she willed it, space and time folded about her and the group vanished with a flash from the police cordon. With a faint hint of ozone and a sudden crack as displaced air hastily made way for them, they were inside the office. She was panting as they arrived. Her teleportation was uncannily precise - Warp's costume didn't even have fasteners because she teleported it on - but the really heavy-duty stuff, porting others around and going anywhere more than a few hundred feet in one jump taxed her badly.

Extra Effort and stunt this off Space/Time Control"

"Teleport Assault" Teleport 5 [Range: 900 ft; capacity: 1,600 lbs] (Accurate +1, Easy, Increased Mass 5) 21pp

I'll keep the fatigue for now.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Gladius/ Ryan Connors
HP 1
Cond Normal

Polymath wrote:"And do any of the rest of you have any way of shielding any civs left behind?"


"I can." Gladius pipes in, "I can extend a protective shield to a certain number of people in my immediate vicinity."

He takes a defensive stance as soon as they teleported, ready to do whatever he could.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Legacy
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Concentrating.

Legacy's voice echoed in the heads of the authorities, including the surly Maddocks, and the minds of those who had just teleported into the building. As a precaution, I should advise you that at least one of the hostile thought-patterns seems to be suffering from a fractal self-awareness, coupled with a subversive neural mind network. As such their reactions may seem highly subjective and chaotic from your own subjective cognitive patterns. Reaching past the haze of the adrenalin, the stress, the fear, and the psychosis Kaldor attempted to isolate the thought-pattern of the Weather Mistress, and neutralize it.

Be warned, I shall attempt to send the evolved human's thought pattern into an inverted neural shutdown, that may give you an opportunity to pacify her fellow aggressors. With that his thought echoes disappeared as he focused the totality of his psyche on the woman's thought-patterns in an attempt to overload her synapses.

"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby badpenny » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Firekin

Firekin flew around to the side of the building and was prepared to melt her way through one of the windows when the others teleported in.

As she had said, she didn't think it was a good idea for all of them to be together when initially confronting the criminals. If anyone wanted to come in through her opening, she was amenable to that.
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

The five of you teleport inside the casino. Its like the last few scenes of Jumanji with the place flooded by torrential rain. Luckily, you arrive inside the manager's office, where Weather Mistress a very shapely young woman wearing one of the least revealing supervillain outfits you've ever seen-big purple buits, a tight light-blue bodysuit that a with a black diamond-shaped fabric at the top of her chest and neck that turns into a black cape with boot-matching interior lining and an eye-covering mask that comes off her face on either side like a mighty 'V'.

She screams when she sees you-a mix of rage and petulance that reminds of a child. Even with the rain the office door is open. Odds are everyone inside the casino heard that. For the most part, you don't see many other people, although Polymath knows that most of them have been herded down into the vault-behind and below the cashier's area some one hundred feet away.

Firekin, outside the casino you see the others disappear thanks to Warp's powers. Then you hear a faint but high-pitched woman's scream.

Initiative, please. WM is vulnerable due to surprise for this round, but her initiatve might be good enough to allow her to act before some of you. I'll roll for the others as well so that's just out of the way, but most of them won't be able to arrive on scene until next round, or unless some of you head down into the vault.
Firekin is free to burn her way inside when her turn comes up.

Initiative
Las Boleadoras-24
The Firebug-23
Legacy-20
Mad Maple-17
The Huckster-16
Weather Mistress-15
Looking Glass-5
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Gladius/ Ryan Connors
HP 1
Cond Normal

Init (1d20+2=5)

Ryan is obviously distracted by the scream... either that or he glances around, far more interested in the prisoners than his own safety and the invaders' intentions.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby badpenny » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Firekin

Firekin unleashes a torrent of fire at the casino window and flies through it, her body surrounded in a corona of protective flames.

Initiative (1d20+6=26)
Weaken 8 (Toughness, Affects Objects Only)
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Warp
Condition: Normal / HP: 2

Warp materialized in the middle of what was apparently Hurricane Katrina and promptly regretted it. Tip of the day: when your costume comprised a pair of briefs and a crop top, do not pick fights with weather controllers. If only Storm Warden was here...

"Let's dance! Geeet herrrrrrrr..."

From Warp's perspective, her sentence trailed off as time dilated around her. Raindrops slowed in the air, looking like wax globules in a lava lamp. She was in bullet time.

Initiative (1d20+21=23)

Warp's Dodge bonus is +12, so if that beats Firebug's she goes before him as well.

I didn't mention that Warp had her Haste (the base power of her chronomanipulation, which gives +16 initative) active before this, so you might rule that she doesn't get the initative bonus. In that case her initative is only 7.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Polymath
HP: 1, Conditions: none

OOC wrote:Initiative; 1d20+10=21
Any chance of a map?
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: Time of Crisis: Chapter 1-The End of the Worlds

Postby levinwurth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Fletch
(HP: 1, Condition: Soaked)

The marksman reacted purely on instinct as soon as they appeared inside the casino - he took in his surroundings, potential hazards and innocents - and of course, his target. In a fluid motion, he drew a thin metal dart from his wrist sheath, flinging it palm-up towards Weather Mistress.

ooc wrote:1d20+8=21 Initiative. 1d20+14=25 for the throw.
Active Characters

3E Time of Crisis - Fletch
Destiny: Origins - Sean
Assorted Character Builds
User avatar
levinwurth
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:42 am
Location: Dudley, UK

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests