Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:51 am

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - guarded

Dog turns from his investigation of the rotting flesh and trots over to the man who was calling him.

<Dog is dog's dog, firestick man, not meadowbright female's dog.>

Dog lowers his head as he nears the grave, seeking a scent trail that he can follow...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:57 am

CASSANDRA HP 2, Condition amused in spite of the trouble

"Aye, the dog don't belong to me Mistah Brimstone, he belongs to hisself. Ah do believe that he understands everyone right well enough, though unless ye kin understand animals, ye can't understand what he's sayin." she grinned. "Unless ye be good at readin expressions like." she chuckled.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Erica and Cassandra

It occurs to you as you look through the evidence of the scene and what the others have found that these graves were disturbed in very different ways. Some were clearly dug up by an animal, including the one where dog found the remains. The others, as incredible as it may seem were destroyed and dug up from the inside out.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 pm

CASSANDRA HP 2, Condition Oh lord....

The girl closed her eyes. "Oh lord almighty," she whispered softly and pointed at the pine boxes. "Lookit heah, somethin dun come up outta the graves themselves." she let that sink in. "Bloody necromancers..." she looked at the others in concern. "Ye think mebbe the sherrif be infected?" she made a decision.

"This be a distraction. We need to get back t'the town!"
Last edited by kirinke on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

Brimstone wrote:" Seems a little odd with how violently the pine boxes have been opened that the headstones are untouched."


"Only if ye want t'send a message to someone." The human-formed werewolf was squatting next to one of the graves, studying the remains of the coffins. "If yer intention was to offend, ye damage the stones. If ye wanted the bodies like the Cassandra says..."

CASSANDRA wrote:be a distraction. We need to get back t'the town!"[/color]


"Agreed. Something's going ta make itself known and the sherrif could very well be infected. It might also not be to late so save him... We need to know how he got hurt."
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Wanekia

"Worm beastie?" Wanekia had arrived a bit late, but had heard the comment, "You would think a worm would feast on corpses, not relinquish them. Still, tales of the salt flats..." She left the idea stand.

When the idea of this being just a distraction came up, a tune began to play in the back of Wanekia's throat. It was hummed softly, ritualistically, as she looked around with all manner of sight.

**Visions [Spirit, Magic, Wyld]:**
What could be: Senses 4 [Spirit, Magic, Wyld; Precognition; Uncontrolled], Spirit's Eyes: Remote Sensing 1 [No Conduit; Dimensional(Hunting Grounds), Subtle], Communing with the spirits: Comprehend 2 [Spirits]
(12 points)

1d20+4=22 Basic awareness
1d20+9=21 Insight
1d20+9=13 perception

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Crazyivan777 wrote:Wanekia

"Worm beastie?" Wanekia had arrived a bit late, but had heard the comment, "You would think a worm would feast on corpses, not relinquish them. Still, tales of the salt flats..." She left the idea stand.

When the idea of this being just a distraction came up, a tune began to play in the back of Wanekia's throat. It was hummed softly, ritualistically, as she looked around with all manner of sight.


CASSANDRA HP 2, Condition normal
"Nay lassie. W.y.r.m. Spirits o corruption, evil and narstiness. Your folks would call em evil Manitou. White men call em demons. Same thing, diffrent descriptions is all." Cassandra explained. "Some shamans, medicine men or hucksters kin call em up to cause mischief, and worse, dependin on their mood, but only the really nasty buggers call up Wyrm-kin t'do this sorta thang." she waved at the graves. "Nuthin we kin do heah right now. Methinks the town is in serious dangah, and this be a distraction. she said, whistling fer her horse and heaving herself onto the saddle.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

"If you don't mind me askin, Cassandra was it? How is it you know of the Wyrm by it's name?"

Her skin ripples ever so slightly, but retains human shape and the effect is most likely hidden by her Stetson. Her teeth might be noted as being much more fang-like for a brief moment before returning to normal.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Bladewind wrote:Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

"If you don't mind me askin, Cassandra was it? How is it you know of the Wyrm by it's name?"

Her skin ripples ever so slightly, but retains human shape and the effect is most likely hidden by her Stetson. Her teeth might be noted as being much more fang-like for a brief moment before returning to normal.


CASSANDRA HP 2, CONDITION Paladinish.

The girl considered. "A ways back, on a train bound fer San Fran, Ah was given a choice lass." she gave Erica and the rest an abbreviated version of her history, in much the same way she gave Brimstone. "In the end, Ah think that feller that gave me my guns an badge wuz an angel of summach or another an since then Ah'm the Spirit of the West, the Lady Justice, The Marshal betwixt heaven an hell. Leastaways, that's what them that should know call me, and usually not in a polite mannah, if'n they're on the wrong side o me guns."

"Mah job is to remand tha things out thah that most folk don't want to meet an greet that the rules are thah foh a reason an tah punish the guilty pahties that cross tha line."
she nodded to the graves. "Sumthin heah has crossed that line, lass. Ah'm sure of it as you are methinks. Ya'll think we just came heah on our own? Nah. Ah be ponderin that somehow, we're gonna need each othah's talents soonah rather than latah." she shrugged. "In othah words, theah be sumthin heahabouts that is too durned onry fer us to deal with on our lonesums, so tha good lord is stackin the deck as much as he can in our favah. Worrisum that is. ah be thinkin."

She chuckled at her own gallows-humor, looking suddenly more real and solid than most folks did if that made sense. The feeling faded and she was only a girl in travel stained and dusty men's clothes, looking older than her years. But if'n you look in her eyes, you can see a hunter, somebody that has gone face to face with living nightmares and made it out with sanity and soul intact. And if you look with more than mundane sight, you can see that she's downright serious and telling the utter truth.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Wanekia

You see hovering over the flesh that Dog and Brimstone have recovered a lingering mist that gradually forms into a departed spirit. You can tell it's been severely damaged by something. It motions for you to come closer.

Who all has comprehend spirits?

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 am

Cassandra does.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:46 am

kirinke wrote:Cassandra does.


OOC - I posted in the other thread, but I should make the GM's life easier and post in the same place as the other player... Stalks-from-Shadow does as well, in addition to a "ghost magnet" complication.

User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Honesty

Honesty watched the banter with curiosity burning in his eyes, the conversation going through the empty space between his ears like a wild billiards ball.

For all that, he remains silent, even fading into the background- using the dialog as a chance to get a better sense of his new companion and where their strengths and weaknesses might lie.

After all, what care does a scavenger of the dead have with the despoiled dead.. after all, in a more private place, all this might make for a good meal. *gnargnargnargnars on the jerky*

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

"Great Gaia." She whispers softly at Cassandra's explanation. She had never encountered someone quite like the Marshall in her travels. There was the feeling of Wyld and Weaver about her, but in balance somehow.

No. She was more than that. She was a manifested Incarna.

Incredible.

"It occurs to me," she says, the stoic wanderer persona settling back into practised place, "That the Umbra might offer a better vantage point for any Wyrm taint that we might have missed."

Erica draws her Klaive and gazes at it's reflective surface for a moment as she prepares to step into the spirit world. The runes adorning the hilt are mostly obscured by her grip.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Bladewind wrote:Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

"Great Gaia." She whispers softly at Cassandra's explanation. She had never encountered someone quite like the Marshall in her travels. There was the feeling of Wyld and Weaver about her, but in balance somehow.

No. She was more than that. She was a manifested Incarna.

Incredible.

"It occurs to me," she says, the stoic wanderer persona settling back into practised place, "That the Umbra might offer a better vantage point for any Wyrm taint that we might have missed."

Erica draws her Klaive and gazes at it's reflective surface for a moment as she prepares to step into the spirit world. The runes adorning the hilt are mostly obscured by her grip.


CASSANDRA HP 2, CONDITION AGREEMENT.
"Shaman ye be?" she looked at the other girl shrewdly. "Though Ah have the knowledge of thangs that go bump in tha night, handy to stop impolite critters lemme tell ya, Ah sadly Ah lack tha ability to travel to the spirit-realm, or much else, beyond puttin em down like if'n they don't listen t'reason." she scratched her head looking sheepish. "Ah be more of a blunt object applied to tha onry critter's noggin, when it comes to tha more subtle interactions betwix tha clueless and the uncanny. Leastaways, that's how Ah pers'nlly view mahself."


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest