Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

Erica cautiously moved forward, waiting for the others to catch up. The signs were vague, but they were there. These parts were in danger. Her wanderlust sated for the moment as curiosity overtook, the nomadic woman slowly surveyed the area as she waited for the others.

It intrigued her far more than it frightened her that she could find no real trace of the creature.

She continued to search the area, memories of the legend nagging her... Was there something in the town that was a threat to the Wyrm? Were they, the newcomers, the threat? Brining danger to the town by their presence? If so, why would Owl lead her here?

She had not been heard so far, and that was how she normally preferred things. However, in moots when she chose to speak, she would be heard. She would have to be heard here as well.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - on the way!

As he runs along the trail to the cemetary, the dog sings a little song to himself. One that he has made up for occasions just like this.

<Here comes the dog! Strong and brave!
Here comes the dog! The day he will save!>


Sadly, or perhaps not sadly at all, there is no one to hear his artistic expression.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm

It's almost dusk when the main group arrives at the cemetery. The trees move slowly in the breeze as the wind moans. Like the jail, the graveyard is bigger than what you'd expect. Most of this can be attributed to the unmarked graves. There is clear evidence of disturbance as mounds of dirt lie by several of the graves. There is an eerie feeling standing out here. Almost as if something was watching you. Moments after the main group arrive, Erica & Honesty join them.

I need perception checks from everyone. Please list any special senses you have. Additionally if anyone wants to they can make investigation checks.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

CASSANDRA HP 2, Condition fine
The girl dismounted and examined the disturbed graves, paying close attention to the ground around her, looking for tracks, for signs of whatever was mucking with the graves. For all she knew right now, it could be ordinary foxes or coyotes making dens or summach. But she wasn't so sure. The air felt heavy, like right before some hell-spawn leapt out at her.

"Be on guard ya'll. Sumthin ain't right chere." she cocked her head, and drew a deep breath, hunting for the tail-signs of coyote or fox err musk. That stuff was pungent enough that even her ordinary sniffer could pick it up. "Ain't no fox, badger or ki-yote did this. I reckin." she waved her hand. "At least, they haven't marked anything and they usually do, unless ya'lls sniffers 'r bettah than mine?"

OOC
PERCEPTION CHECK-13
INVESTIGATION-23
KNOWLEDGE-ARCANE LORE-12
Senses Detect Wyrm Taint/ Detect Evil ranged
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1109977/
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

Perception (1d20+2=7)
Acute Smell, Low Light Vision, Scent, Ultra Hearing
Detect Wyrm (2), Direction Sense, Tracking
Spirit Speech
Expertise: Magic +7

Investigation (1d20+7=20)

The woman, who could be the Marshal's sister for all the similarities in their dress (if not their mannerisms), stepped softly into the graveyard, doing a headcount of the others while keeping an eye out for the... thing... that had slipped away.

Her first instinct was to ensure that the remains were still in place. Disturbed coffins, signs of a struggle, damaged coffins and the like.

(Given the type of graveyard and the setting, I am assuming that coffins are pine boxes...)
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Honesty

Honesty grins a bit as he looks over the graveyard, "Damn, I'm hungry, anybody else?" and draws a piece of jerky out of his pocket and starting to gnaw and worry on it, letting out odd little yips as he gets an especially good grab. He peers down at Dog, pulls out another piece and wiggles it at the canine. "Nice little song you got goin' there, can't understand haf the words, but nice melody, easy to dance to."

He shrugs a bit at odd looks and tries to get a better position (like up on a headstone or masoleum), still gnawing away, trying to get a better gaze over the place.

Perception (I've got toes!) followed by Insight, no special senses in this form and the other is still unstatted.

1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=20
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3777
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - Ready for Trouble

The dog's hackles rise and a low growl rumbles through his chest as he surveys the graveyard.

<Badthings! Badthings do this!>

ooc wrote:skill mastery +15 perception = 25.
acute, analytical smell w/ extended 1 and sense supernatural with awareness.
ultra hearing with extended 1.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 pm

CASSANDRA WHITE HP 2, CONDITION Concerned.

"Ah know dog, verrah bad things dun did this work Ah be thinkin. The air feels heavy, don't it. This ain't the work o anything natural." Cassandra agreed with Dog.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 am

Brimstone
Hp-2
Condition- On pins and needles


As Brimstone dismounts into the eerie locale he pulls his gun as a precaution and gives the area a good once-over. He stays a bit close to Cassandra, although he wont share it with her yet, the story of her origin she told him on the way here had intriuged him. If she was telling the truth, then he was certainly in the right company to be seeking redemption. The gaunt man in black looked well suited for the cemetery, silently patrolling the heavy-aired setting.


ooc wrote:Perception-27
Insight-17
Senses 3 [Demonic Awareness, Darkvision; Noticeable; Innate]
[Note: his eyes look red in the dark, or glow bright red like hot steel if something sets off his demonic awareness]

1d20+10=27, 1d20+11=17
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

Erica

You notice the pine boxes have had their lids destroyed. Something clearly forced these things open. You've never seen a wild animal manager to dig something up destroy the coffin like that. Still there are hairs around here that might indicate some sort of creature. There's residual wyrm scent. Not horrific but still noticeable.

Need another investigation check


Cassandra

You notice the mounds of dirt are shaped in different ways. You're not real sure of what it means just yet, but the wheels are turning. In addition you notice a very large footprint in one of the mounds. Definitely a beast of some sort but you've never heard of critters getting that big around here. It's wyrm tainted as well.

Need another investigation check


Honesty

Is one of your large toes larger than the other? When did this happen. The is flaw in your otherwise perfect beauty. No wait maybe they are the same. Whew!

Dog
The whole area reeks of the supernatural. In fact now that you think about it, so did the town. You just put it down to the ghost rock in the air which always makes you sneeze, but maybe it's something more. There's been a lot of different smells today. Only some of the graves have hairs by them. Looking closer you smell some rotter flesh in one of the piles. It smells just like the sheriff's leg.

Brimstone
None of the headstones have been disturbed. It strikes you almost a little weird. For as much violence was done to the pine boxes you'd swear there should be some damage to the stones. You notice that some of the dirt around the area is disturbed liked something was dragged through it.

Ivan, still need rolls from you
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Honesty

Honesty looks down and then up, his eyes huge and full of fear.."oh no, nononono." and then peers down again and lets out a puff of satisfaction. "naw, never mind." gnawgnawgnaw on the jerky, "Everything's okay."

He looks around again with his trademark grin, "So, why's everybody looking around like a big nasty dog was after you for errr.... liberating eggs from a hen house so that uhhhh.. you could bring them to the woman of the house so that didn't have to go out to get them herself?"

He shifts himself, laying out (heels and shoulders) between two headstones.. like some kind of funny magician's trick.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3777
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 2
Cond: Normal

Investigation (1d20+7=20)

Sorry... don't have time for a full post, will try to add something in later this evening.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - excited

The dog noses around one of the open graves, sniffing furiously. After a few moments he paws at the surrounding debris and exposes some shreds of rotting flesh. After sniffing the flesh he steps backwards quickly.

Turning towards Cassandra, he barks eagerly...

<Meadowbrightfemale, come! Is badmeat! Smells like lame one in people place!>

He turns back to the scraps of flesh and growls angrily at them.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Cassandra
You notice the mounds of dirt are shaped in different ways. You're not real sure of what it means just yet, but the wheels are turning. In addition you notice a very large footprint in one of the mounds. Definitely a beast of some sort but you've never heard of critters getting that big around here. It's wyrm tainted as well.

<Meadowbrightfemale, come! Is badmeat! Smells like lame one in people place!>


CASSANDRA HP 2, CONDITION The wheels go round and around, round and around, round an..... Eh. She's riding a horse.

She leans back in disgust. "A Wyrm beastie dun did this Ah reckon. Yetch." she remarked.

"Aye dog? What?" her brow furrowed as the images came in quick from the dog and she moved over to look at the grave. "Hmmm. Looks like the Sherrif got caught up in some narsty business," she shook her head and turned to Wanakea. "Lass, if'n ye got any medicine to ye that kin fix up the sherrif, when we get back Ah think ye might need to. Cuz Ah don't think them leech-doctors kin do it if'n he tangled with a Wyrm beastie, that goes fer any of ye, me, my powers are more in the line of killin the beasties, not healin." she straightened up and gazed around her. "An Ah am sorry Wanekia, but if'n this thang is a Wyrm critter, it ain't gonna be reasonable."

ooc
Investigation
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3741806/ 23
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Brimstone
Hp-2
Condition- Goosebumps


He lets out an audible shiver and arches his brow." Seems a little odd with how violently the pine boxes have been opened that the headstones are untouched." Squatting where he sees the disturbance in the dirt he whistles encouragingly towards Dog. When that doesn't produce immediate results he sighs and looks to Cassandra." You mind getting that dog of yours to come sniff around over here. This dirt's had something dragged through it and maybe he can pick up a trail."
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ecar369, Neo-Paladin, Voidrazor and 2 guests