Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Honesty

Honesty freezes time and turns towards the computer screens, the ATT board going sepia tones, steepling his fingers in the evil way, "Yeeees, nothing but a clown." a thin grin from ear to ear and the other side, looking straight at the reader.. before turning back towards the group and restarting time.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm

"I will not ask for payment, but I will ask two things; one, some food when the time is appropriate. Two..." She takes a deep breath, knowing what comes next is anathema to many who roam the west.
"...Trial. Justice, not vengeance. Not to kill those we face unless there is either fair law... Or no other option."


CASSANDRA HP 2, condition fine.

The girl rotated her shoulder, trying to work out the sharp stinging and prickly pins and needles of her arm waking up. "No problem heah missee, killin folks in cold blood nevah sat well with me, Ah generally give human critters the chance t'surrendah, but some thangs just don't listen to reason y'kin?" she told the lady.

Before the sheriff can continue a man comes bursting in. "Sheriff, somethings disturbin' the graveyard."

Tanner swears. "As if I don't have enough to do round here. Well you lot should probably see to that first and then come back here. Ain't right something disturbin' the dead's rest. Head outta town bout half a mile southwest and you'll see a trail leading to the cemetery."


"Awright then." she said, getting up with a wince as her shoulder twinged uncomfortably and muttered. "Ah hope this ain't gonna be like Jack Splattah. Narsty fellah that." she said almost to herself.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow
HP 1
Cond: Normal

Silently, Stalks-from-Shadow slips out the door to head in the general direction of the cemetery. Capitalizing on the fact that no one has truly paid her much heed - which is to her liking for the most part - she wordlessly dismisses her Owl companion and ducks behind a building.

Picking up speed as she runs alongside the back wall of a building, she fails to notice the drunk relieving himself against said wall. He, however, does not fail to notice her. In fact, he has probably never felt so sober in a long, long time...

The woman's long coat and Stetson seem to melt into her body and she gains mass as her body leans to run on all fours. In less time than it takes to describe, she is a massive wolf running towards the cemetery at incredible speed.

OOC - Assuming Hispo to run as Speed 5. Let me know if there are any die-rolls that I need to pull this off without being seen - both at the cemetery and ducking behind a building. As mentioned above, I'm taking advantage of the fact that nobody really seems to have acknowledge her as yet...
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Besides the rolls you've already made I need one more stealth and one perception. Please also list any sense you may have with your roll. I'm going to let spectrum get in a post about slipping away too before moving things along.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 am

Honesty (Sheeeeah Right!)

Honesty didn't sneak away to follow the b*tch with the bird (rather than the b*tch with the badge) because of curiosity, or because he was hoping to catch a quick meal on the wing, he was going to check out the scents on the marking wall and see who had left messages lately. Ooooh, maybe it was that cute little terrier Sophia.. droool.

What he didn't expect to find was that Stalks-from-Shadow left her clothing behind and not in the normal good way. No, she had to go and do something like the old man had taught him to do, but not into a coyote. Oh no, she had to do something improper like turn into a wolf, a really big wolf. The nerve!

It got him to thinking. And that was never a safe thing to be around.

Surely, Stalks-from-Shadows must have realized the danger that she was in and sped off faster than he thought possible... even faster than these new fangled track beasts that run on the ghostrock stuff. "Zooooooom!"
Using b*tch in the alliterative noninsulting manner, couldn't find something that sounded as good with female that would fit both. No offense intended (or even realized at first).
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 am

"Probably just the damn coyotes disturbing the graves, but still it's something that should be checked out. Those of you that don't have horses take the Bandit's. Here's some deputy badges." He hands them out noticing that he still has two more. "Tarnation, I just lost another two. Well ya'll better get movin.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm

CASSANDRA: HP 2, condition back in the saddle again is she evah gonna get that bath and bed?

"Awright then. No rest fer the weary in these heah tayhms Ah reckon." she said as she effortlessly heaved herself up onto her horse's back and settled herself comfortably like."Now, let's make these grave-disturbin varmits behave!" she told the others.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - eager

As the others corral and mount their steeds the dog eagerly takes off at a run towards the cemetary.

"Whoof! Whoof!"

He seems excited as he rushes along, following the directions given by the sheriff.

ooc wrote:though faster than a human, dog can't match a horse's speed over short distances (he has better stamina, though). he will use his athletics, taking 10 for a dc25 to keep up as best he can.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Brimstone
HP-2
Cond-Empowered

He takes the badge and puts it proudly on display over his heart." Odd, being on this side of the law." He chuckles slightly and gives the old sheriff a wink." Don't be up using that leg of yours too much sheriff, We'll take care of things."

Within moments Brimstone finds himself spurring along his horse alongside Cass"You've got an admirable spirit gal,I'll hafta remember to stay on your good side"
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 1
Cond: Normal



She had the vague feeling of being followed, but attributed it to noticing the drunk relieving himself against the wall...
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Within moments Brimstone finds himself spurring along his horse alongside Cass"You've got an admirable spirit gal,I'll hafta remember to stay on your good side"


Cassandra HP 2, condition in the wind
The girl laughed and related the bare bones of her story. "Out heah, most girls mah age are either married, in tha nunnery, a nurse or schoolteachah. Me, mah choice was made on a train bound fer San Fran."
She told the man about that flash of light, the man and her being given the guns, right before Jack Splatter, a notorious bank robber infested with a nasty manitou (so named fer his propensity for headshots on innocents during his robberies) decided to hijack the train. Her dream proved real when she opened fire on the varmit before he could react and strange as it may seem, she hadn't had the guns before she came on the train! Her quick reflexes had impressed a real US Marshal traveling in the same car as her and together they had cleaned out the rest of the bandits. From there, he sponsered into the Marshal service and the rest were history so to speak.

"So that's mah story Mistah Brimstone, since then, I've fought narsties right out of yer worst nightmahs, both human an Wyrm and things right off the map so to speak." she shook her head. "Heah Ah was just lookin fer a warm bath, some grub an a pint and a bed. Now this." she chuckled. "Kismet as one of them ferriners Ah met awhile back once sayd. Kismet."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

As Erica's moving along she hears the snapping of some branch. Out of the corner of her eyes she notices a huge form hidden in some trees high up on a cliff. Though it's daylight its eyes seem to glow with malice. At the sight of her it turns and quickly runs out of sight.
Last edited by sweetja713 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 1
Cond: Normal

Erica resumes human form, her hand reaching to the small of her back where the klaive rests. Pulling the brim of her Stetson a little lower over her eyes, she quietly moves towards the trees intent on not being seen by anything else.

Observing from the shadow, she wills herself to be unseen.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 1
Cond: Normal

Erica resumes human form, her hand reaching to the small of her back where the klaive rests. Pulling the brim of her Stetson a little lower over her eyes, she quietly moves towards the trees intent on not being seen by anything else.

Observing from the shadow, she wills herself to be unseen.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am

Erica hears the sound of something massive running through the mountainous woods. There's clear indication that this thing was at least as large as herself in hispos form, possibly bigger. There's no way it should be capable of moving out of her sight as rapidly as it did, but then again some things in the weird west don't make sense. From the glimpse she got and the disturbance of the branches, she can't make out much but a chilling memory of a story passed around Garou fires comes back to her. A wyrmspawn of a beast known to target those that are on the verge of becoming a major threat to the wyrm's manipulations. There's definitely the smell of the wyrm on those branches and the ground. When she looks for the beast again, it's completely gone. A bad omen of things to come.

Take your hp back, I'm intentionally keeping this vague. Take another for the fact that whatever you do you won't find it, it'll find you when the time is right. :twisted:
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest