Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow
HP 1
Cond: Normal

Shadow walked over to the Dog. It had intelligence in its eyes far beyond what she would have expected. Inwardly, she wondered if he might be Garou. His look and form suggested perhaps Gnawer or Children of Gaia...

Slowly she assessed the rest of the motley group from beneath the shade of her Stetson. The drawl on these folks was thick, and she knew her own voice would stand out.

What possible plan cold Owl have for me with this group? She thought to herself. And then, even though she hadn't been addressed that she knew of, she offered her name and a greeting.

"Name's Clayton. Erica Clayton. Ah'm more passing through than plannin' to stay in these parts. But I would figure that I could stay on a few days to help ya." She knew her own drawl sounded a little forced, but tried to fit in best she could. It came from wandering. She had been to many settlements, each with their own unique drawl, than could be easily assumed into her own speech patterns....
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 am

Dog
HP - 1
Condition - concerned

The dog's nose twitches as his head tilts curiously, his attention drawn to the old man on the porch.

He moves up to the man, sniffing at his injured leg. After smelling him, he sneezes then sets back on his haunches and whines mournfully.

ooc wrote:just wanting to get a good smell of the leg. if there is nothing more that Dog can tell about it, he will at least be able to recognize the odor if he encounters it further.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Honesty

Honesty streeeetches his arms out in front of him, a foot or so longer than they should be, before they pop back, "That sounds dangerous like.. work?" he asks in a soft whine. The question of whether he would be 'disbarred' for such a disreputable pasttime passes through his mind, bounces around a few times, does the Michigan frog before leaping back out.

"I do hear rumors of counterfeit pies being passed in this area. I'll be glad to help on that case.."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Spectrum wrote:Honesty

"I do hear rumors of counterfeit pies being passed in this area. I'll be glad to help on that case.."

CASSANDRA HP 2, condition bruised 1

Cassandra takes her hat off and casually leans over, smacking the boy upside the head with it. Not hard enough to hurt, but enough to startle and to make her point. "One of the rules of bein a sherrif or a deputy or any law officah, is ye don't abuse yer position of authority. Them folks are trustin ye to protect em, not exploit em, in return, you get steady pay, a roof over yer head and clothes on yer back." she grinned.

"Now, since ye be gettin pay honestly, you don't need to be takin no pies from the baker or seducin his daughter to getcha one." she wagged her finger at the boy, havin caught that spectacle before the ruckus went down for real. "An the first thing ye need to do is make yer apologies, to the baker an his daughter." she chuckled. "Ah'd sweeten the deal with a bag of flour in payment fer the headache ye gave the man."

"That sounds dangerous like.. work?" he asks in a soft whine.

"Course it's dang'rus Sunny Jim." she put her hat back on. "But it'd be good fer ye Ah be thinkin. Put some steel in yer backbone and steadies ye right good. Ah won't be lyin to ye on that point. Tis dang'rus work, dirty work at times, but it kin also be fun too. Specially when ye yank the rug from under the feet of some dumb varmit who thinks ye be weak cuz of yer size or gendah."

She looked casually over to the Dog. "Somethin tha mattah fellah?" she asks carefully. "Ye be a right good hound ah think. The man there be the protector of this settlement. He's offerin us a place, to help protect it cuz he's hurt. Ah'm thinkin we'd be right glad to provide food, water and shelter fer ye, if'n yer wantin to stick around an help out too."

ooc
DEVICE (easy to loose) Marshal's badge
Comprehend languages all. Animals all. Spirits
Senses: Detect Spirits/Unnatural critters ranged

I think the wolf and coyote would be surprised hearin her talk sensibly-like and being understood by the Dog.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730694/ 26 (smackin the kid).
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Honesty

Honesty ducks and dives, twisting like a serpent away from the hat.. twist-spin-crouch--bap! right on the nose. He reaches up to rub his his nose, his dark eyes twitching as he looks from side to side, gazing at each and every one of the others in the group... keeping his mouth closed for the moment- for the moment.

He might have a reason to join after all, the Marshall had set herself up right nicely and needed to be put down a peg or three and maybe have a chance to learn something along the way.

"You have a nice way of making this.. work.. attractive ma'am." he turns to look towards the sheriff, "You putting this nice lady in charge?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 1
Cond: Normal

It had been a long time since Stalks-from-Shadow had genuinely laughed. Today was not the day to break that streak, but a warm smile spread across her face at the exchange between the Marshall and the person who she felt might be Ragabash... were he Garou.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 pm

"Now don't you all be fussin and feuding yourselfs," he scolds them. "I gots enough of that going on between the miners and the mayor. Not to mention Hellstromme's boys."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 am

CASSANDRA HP 2, condition bruised and amused although, now that the fight scene is over, she should be fine now right?

"
You putting this nice lady in charge?"

"Sunny Jim, Ah ain't in charge of this place, as a deputy, we be takin orders from the sherrif, cuz this be his town t'protect. Now, if'n he be incapacitated to tha point he can't give us our marchin orders, then that duty would fall t'me until either he gets well enough to work or they get a new sherrif. she said, explaining the chain of command.

sweetja713 wrote:"Now don't you all be fussin and feuding yourselfs," he scolds them. "I gots enough of that going on between the miners and the mayor. Not to mention Hellstromme's boys."

Cassandra chuckled and sobered just as quick. "Ah heay ya suh." she said tippin her hat in acknowledgement
"So pahdna, kin ye give us the lowdown on the real siteation heah? Who's who, what t' watch fer an all that? If'n we're gonna be yer deputies, we be needin that info, so we don't be lookin like jackanapes, if'n ye ketch mah drift." she looked around. "Mebbe inside, Ah be thinkin."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:24 am

Wanekia

Wanekia has remained quiet up until this point. Her voice remains low, but easily heard as she raises a hand to get the attention of those around her.

"I will not ask for payment, but I will ask two things; one, some food when the time is appropriate. Two..." She takes a deep breath, knowing what comes next is anathema to many who roam the west.
"...Trial. Justice, not vengeance. Not to kill those we face unless there is either fair law... Or no other option."
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:14 am

kirinke wrote:Now that the fight scene is over, she should be fine now right?

Mechanically yes, flavor text wise it's probably still stinging like hell.

Cassandra chuckled and sobered just as quick. "Ah heay ya suh." she said tippin her hat in acknowledgement
"So pahdna, kin ye give us the lowdown on the real siteation heah? Who's who, what t' watch fer an all that? If'n we're gonna be yer deputies, we be needin that info, so we don't be lookin like jackanapes, if'n ye ketch mah drift." she looked around. "Mebbe inside, Ah be thinkin."

"Course, course" he says as he grabs a cane laying by the chair. "If'n ya'll follow me down to the town jail, I can explain in more detail."

Crazyivan777 wrote:"I will not ask for payment, but I will ask two things; one, some food when the time is appropriate. Two..." She takes a deep breath, knowing what comes next is anathema to many who roam the west.
"...Trial. Justice, not vengeance. Not to kill those we face unless there is either fair law... Or no other option."

As he stands using the cane for support he turns to Wanekia. "Good to know you ain't bloodthirsty. Round here I try to just lock em up and give trial when the judge comes by. I'll explain the problem I run into with that when we're at the jail," he says as he starts off, practically dragging his bandaged leg down the steps and leaning heavily on his cane with each step. "How bout you round up these fellas and bring em with ya. The ones still alive that is."

As you follow the old man, he moves at a slow deliberate pace obviously avoiding putting weight on the bandaged leg. The bandits are easily rounded up and people start coming out onto the streets again. Take their belongings off them, cept clothes of course and toss em in here," he says pointing to one of the cells.

The jail itself is bigger than what you'd expect from the town. Five seperate cells each large enough to hold six men comfortably line the walls of the inside room. After the bandits are put in the cell Sheriff Tanner motions for everyone to come into the entry room. He sits down behind the desk.

"Where to begin, where to begin? First off, the mayor runs this here town. He owns most of the bigger mines and is always lookin to expand. Some of the miners don't like that much and there's been accusations of claim jumping but nothing proved. Most of the complainin ones move on after Judge Harkins rules in favor of the mayor and if the two of them ain't as corrupt as can be... Well it makes ya crave an honest town. Thankfully the judge only comes round mebbe once a month or so to hear cases. Lately though more miners have been leavin town, even before the mayor expresses an interest in their mines. Lotta stories about some monster in the mountains coming down. Hogwash, course, just some wild animals if'n anything, but the stories keep growing."

Before the sheriff can continue a man comes bursting in. "Sheriff, somethings disturbin' the graveyard."

Tanner swears. "As if I don't have enough to do round here. Well you lot should probably see to that first and then come back here. Ain't right something disturbin' the dead's rest. Head outta town bout half a mile southwest and you'll see a trail leading to the cemetery."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:30 am

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - happy

kirinke wrote:She looked casually over to the Dog. "Somethin tha mattah fellah?" she asks carefully. "Ye be a right good hound ah think. The man there be the protector of this settlement. He's offerin us a place, to help protect it cuz he's hurt. Ah'm thinkin we'd be right glad to provide food, water and shelter fer ye, if'n yer wantin to stick around an help out too."

The dog whoofs happily at Cassandra, wagging his tail furiously.

At the sheriff's command he runs out into the street, returning a few minutes later dragging a sobbing and thoroughly demoralized bandit by the neck of his coat. Releasing him at the doorway he herds the man into the jail with a series of threatening barks and growls.

He is sitting happily near the jail's pot-bellied stove listening intently to the sheriff when word comes of the disturbance at the cemetary. In an instant he is standing alertly near the jail's door, waiting on the rest of the group to take action.
Last edited by timothy on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

Brimstone Bill Mcdowell
HP-2
Condition- Hopeful

Crazyivan777 wrote:Wanekia
"I will not ask for payment, but I will ask two things; one, some food when the time is appropriate. Two..." She takes a deep breath, knowing what comes next is anathema to many who roam the west.

[color=#BF0000]"I echo the lady's sentiment, the addition of stout drink would certainly sweeten the deal."[/color] He begins, tipping his hat towards Wanekia" But on a sour note, I'm afraid past experience leads me to believe situations often lead to the 'no other option' option." Turning now towards the sheriff he nods "In any case i believe it's a fine opportunity and might lead to some inspiration."

Brimstone does his part in dragging back the bandits into the jail, and listens closely as the sheriff explains the situation, but keeps his thoughts to his self on the sickly matter of political corruption for now. When the man comes in about the cemetery situation, He moves towards the door beside Dog, and pats him on the head" You're an unusually bright one, pal."
ooc wrote:Any call on if his awareness picks anything up?

Turning to the rest of the group" Does everyone have horses? If not I'm sure we could requisition some from the prisoners if the sheriff don't mind."
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Nope demonic or wyrm awareness or detection would pick nothing up on dog. He's not demonic in the slightest. At least not with dog in control :twisted:
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Honesty

Honesty watched the group with a thoughtful gaze, doing rather well at looking like he's being wonderfully helpful in the process of wrangling up the bandits. His eyes keep moving between the members of his new 'pack', it was a new idea of a 'pack'. They didn't seem half bad actually, maybe a little not so easy on the eyes, but.. not bad. He started getting a general idea of the flow among the group.

"So.. do we get to make new laws to enforce? I mean, things like not having to wear painful shoes.. or you know.. other stuffs?" he looks hopeful, his human sized hind quarters twitching a bit (maybe he just needs to go to the bathroom really bad).

With a quick laugh he shakes his head, luxurious russet mane shining in the sunlight, the stuff that deserves to be on the cover of trashy romance novels in a hundred or so years..

"Nope, never got used to riding.. horses.." he makes shameless bedroom eyes towards well.. everybody, including the Dog, "Oooooh! Does that mean that I get to ride behind someone?! I really like that idea."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Wanekia

Wanekia can't help but laugh at Honesty's question, although she then looks at him with seriousness, "We will consider these new rules, of course."
Of course they would. One doesn't idly dismiss the thoughts of a clown.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room