Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 am

CASSANDRA HP 1, CONDITION Bruised 1

The girl shook her head and took aim an fired again at any varmit that still looked like they were considerin mischief, callin out. "Thanks fer the assistance missees an sirs, lets wrap this up an get a pint, aye?" she chuckled at the flummoxed expressions on the bandits faces. These guys were just pests and varmit summed it up real nice, she'd faced far worse then them in the past few years she'd been a Marshal.


ooc
Deadeye Aim: Blast 7 (ballistic, peircing, Dimensional any 3, Insubstantial full 2, Homing attack 2, DC 23)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724971/ 14
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Forgot 3 players also have horses
Player's horses
1d20=14, 1d20=12, 1d20=8

Shot by Marshal
1d20+1=15

Decked by stalks from shadows
attack roll for wynonna
1d20+6=21
toughness check
1d20+1=5

As Cassandra and Brimstone are the most visible attackers the 2 remaining bandits fire on them. I went in init order for the attacks so brimstone gets hit

[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726634/]1d20+3=5,
1d20+3=23 dc 23 due to crit
[/url]

Shot by Brimstone
1d20=11


As the bandits panic from being thrown from their horses, Cassandra, Brimstone, & Wanekia's horses all go running off. Dog drags off a bandit screaming as he runs. Cassandra's shot takes a bandit down as the bullet pierces his leg causing an impressive amount of swearing.. Another bandit in his panic goes running by Erica who reaches out and clotheslines him knocking him to the ground. The two remaining standing bandits let off quick shots.

The one shooting at Cassandra let's off a quick shot in a panic which goes whizzing by his ear. The other calmly takes aim at Brimstone and his aim is true. At the same time the bandit shoots at Cassandra his pants drop around his ankles. Brimstone's quick shot takes the man down as he lets out a shriek and hits the ground.

The final bandit draws a bead directly on Cassandra but before he can take a shot a bullet pierces his chest. As you all look around it becomes apparent that the shot was fired by a silver haired man in a rocker outside the general store. His leg is heavily bandaged and his face heavily weathered. As the last bandit goes down he waves to you all.

"That was some mighty impressive fightin. Iffin you all please I would have a word with you," he shouts.

Sorry Wanekia I needed a bandit standing so since you didn't post I just moved on. You all get a hero point for the gm fiat of needing the old man to take out the last bandit.


Dog the assaulting smell slowly fades and your terror leaves you. The bandit you've dragged along is in no state to fight.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:29 pm

"That was some mighty impressive fightin. Iffin you all please I would have a word with you," he shouts.


CASSANDRA HP 2, condition Bruised 1
"Thankee sirrah, but fust, we need to restrain these heah idjuts," she said, whistlin fer her horse, who comes trotting back, looking right sheepish. "Now don't go lookin at me like that," she wags her finger at the animal as she takes out some rope from one of her saddlebags and secures the bandits that are still living. She cocked her head as if listening to the horse. "Ye smelt somthin horrible an scary? By rickity, ya'll should be ashamed of yerself, gettin spooked bah a skunk." she shook her head. "An ye call yerself a trail-hahdened hoss."

"Blasted sidewindahs. Ruined mah plans right nice they did." she grumped as she made her way to the old man, rubbing her shoulder as she worked away the stiffness gingerly.

"Nice shootin yerself mistah. If'n I might have yer name? Mine's Cassandra White, US Marshal." she grinned unrepentatly. "Ya'll kin call me Cass, it's much easiah to say then that mouthful, specially durin a fight."
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - curious...

As quickly as it had appeared the badsmell was gone. The dog looks around cautiously, ears perked up as it sniffs the wind searching for the source of the unnatural odor.

<Smell came from strange peoples. Must make sure strange peoples aren't badthings.>

Releasing the dazed and sobbing bandit he had been dragging after him, he turns and trots back toward the scene of the battle.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Honesty
HP2,L3

Honesty strolls through the bodies, folding himself in half to pick up one of the hats, a bowler this time, tosses it up into the air.. swings his foot up over his head to complete the step, and has it land snugly atop his head. His hands get shoved into his pants as he starts to pad towards the old man, whistling a bawdy tavern song as he slouches in.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Brimstone
HP-2
Condition-Invincible


Toughness1d20+10=30


Brimstone takes the bullet in stride as it impacts and falls to the dirt beside him. Before he has a chance to draw a bead on the last one, the old man finishes it off. He lets loose a slight laugh as he pats his horse on the side and ties it to a post near the old man. He conceals the gun within it's holster and steps up to the gathering group. Slinging the guitar on his back he bows low and introduces himself with a considerable southern drawl."Name's Brimstone Bill Mcdowell, fine shooting there old timer."
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 pm

With a sharp whistle and a gesture or two, Winekia's horse returns. She pats it gently and gives it a carrot, then walks to where the mayhem had occurred.

"A lot of chaos here. Thankfully, a lot of capable help as well, it would seem. Good work.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 pm

"Ma name would be Harry Tanner". The old man looks at Brimstone with one raised eyebrow,"Brimstone, huh, if that ain't an interesting name." He looks over at Honesty and Winekia. "And you two? I like to know the names of people I gots to ask a favor of.""
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 am

sweetja713 wrote: The old man looks at Brimstone with one raised eyebrow,"Brimstone, huh, if that ain't an interesting name."



He nods matter of factually," Only name that would do, Harry." glancing around at his company he manages a sly smile. " A favor you said?"
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 am

The native woman nods at the conversation, and adds simply, "I am called Winekia."
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Dog
HP - 2
Condition - cautious but curious

The big dog approaches the gathering slowly, sampling the scents of those assembled.

Two of the females smell right to him, the one who smells of heated metal and summer meadows and the one who smells of leather and, oddly, buffalo. The two males, though, smell very strange. One seems to be more coyote than people and the other smells like the tiny fire-sticks OldMaster used to start his smokebreath.

The final female's smell, though, sets his hackles to rising. He has smelled her breed before and knew her for a predator. Still, she had fought against the badpeople on the horses, so perhaps she was not a badthing.

As he draws nearer, he begins wagging his tail. But his eyes stay fixed on the she-wolf...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

The man hesitates for a second before continuing "Yep a favor if ya'll wouldn't mind. See I'm supposed to be the sheriff of this here community but I can't do much with my leg like this. All the ijits I put in as deputies have run off from stupid stories or died when bandits come. We don't have them often but since so much ghost rock comes out of here we make a tempting target. I could use a few good people around, just till I heal up you understand? Course you'd get some payin and the Mayor said he'd be willin to be generous to any souls I could find to help." His deeply lined face frowns for a second before he continues. "And you'd be doin a good thing for the community too."

Dog, the sheriff's leg smells bad. It's not like anything you've smelled before around injured or diseased humans but it's definitely sickly.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

CASSANDRA HP 2, CONDITION BRUISED 1

The girl rocked back on her heels, looking at the oddly gathered group of folks before her and then back at the wounded Sherrif. "Ah ain't no seer or truthspeaker persae, though mah callin does mean Ah occasionally get mah marchin orders from up tha chain so to speak." She looked sheepish. "But Ah'd be a right durn fool not to get this heah message, specially with you folk and me suddenly poppin up to stop them thar varmits." she jerked her hand behind her to indicate the bandits.

She tapped her Marshal's badge. "Sides, this means Ah'm duty-bound to help ye, as one officah of the law to anothah." she grinned at the old man.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Honesty
HP 2: L 3
Fine

Honesty takes a curious sitting position, folding one leg over other and crouches down on one leg. "The names..." pause thoughtfully, "Honesty, Honesty Jones. A pleasure to meet all of you." he tilts his head to the side, looking over the group, a thoughtful gaze at each of you as if considering something...

He shakes his head, letting his long hair flow in a mist, "I gotta admit, I don't know much about keeping the laws. I just happened to be on the street at the wrong time." And to be honest, its not like he did much other than scream like a woman and wiggle his fingers a bit.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:01 pm

CASSANDRA HP 2, CONDITION BRUISED 1

"Mostly as a sherrif or deputy o a town, ye protect them that canna protect themselves, smack rowdies upside the head, when they get rambunctius, an haul the drunks to the jail to drah out when they be gettin on'ry an genrally knock the heads of troublemakers togethah so they behave themselves propah.Then on occasion it do get excitin, like ye saw, but mostly, tis keepin the peace, so folks kin live their lives without worrin about their belongins, livestock or wominfolk an chilluns bein taken, hurt or destroyed bah varmits like them idjuts."

She chuckled a little. "That's sherriffin an bein a deputy, in tha big cities, back eastways, it's a might more complicated, cuz ye gots more people crowded together, but ye needn't worry much about that. Laws'r different out west, cuz we be dealin with stuff them fancy-coppers don't have t'mess with. Marshals have a bit diffrn't job description, but they overlap on occasion." she explained in the simplist way possible, the basic duties of a sherrif or deputy.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jemal and 4 guests