Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Wanekia

For weeks now your dreams have been haunted by your protector spirit, the great buffalo. Always it is the same image, a dark cavern surround by rock that seems to bleed. “You must bring healing to them. A war is coming but you shall have allies.” At the spirit's insistence you have begun traveling, trusting Buffalo to guide you.

Wynona

Bleeding horribly from wounds inflicted in battle with the latest wyrm spawn to taste your klaive, you stumble forward and fall. As your vision fades, your spirit guide appears to you. “Rise Stalks-From-Shadows. Greater evil still threatens the land.” Hours later you awaken to the rotting smell of the abomination. The trail to follow is burnt into your mind.

Brimstone

You've been heading from town to town. You know you're meant to come and redeem yourself but you have no idea how. Recently though you've been hearing rumors. Mostly from musicians like yourself. It's all just hearsay but a lot of the people you've met in your travels have been writing songs about a place called Rookwood and a man who made a deal with the devil himself.

Honesty

As you've been traveling and relishing in the ability to be man, you've noticed a lot of funny things. For one these silly creatures seem to place much value on a rock that screams when cooked. Bunch of worthless stuff as far as you're concerned. Still, it seems that the most pompous fools are the ones always talking about it. So stuffed up and serious. So it seems natural a place with a lot of it would be a good place to teach people some lessons. Luckily you've heard that the nearest place is a mining community called Rookwood. At once you set out.

Dog

You've been traveling, making contacts with humans here and there and getting scraps, going hunting whenever you've craved your own company. The dirt paths are the easiest way to travel. At least if you stay sharp and head off whenever a horse comes racing near. Most of these humans seem to be going the same direction and you figure there's got to be a bunch of them wherever they're going. Maybe with a bunch of them they'll be more willing to share their food.

Cassandra

You don't know what kind of hell spawn you just killed and quite frankly you don't want to know. Right now you just wanna head off and rest for a while. You've been on the road a long time and sleeping in a real bed sounds nice right about now. You determine the closest decent size town is a mining town named Rookwood.

All

As you approach your destination, you can hear the ghastly wailing sound on ghost rock and people mining echoing through the mountains. It's about midday as you enter on the main dusty road. Folks are milling about minding their own business. The general store seems to be thriving. There's a few rocking chairs outside of the saloon with a couple of old men talking. Suddenly a shot rings out through the air and you see seven men running out of the bank and jumping onto horses. In seemingly no time, most of the people that were on the street have disappeared. The bandits start to ride your way.

I need initiative. You're all about 45-60 feet away. The bank is at the end of the road. You each entered town individually but happen to be somewhat close to one another.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Dog
HP - 1
Condition - uninjured



The big, shaggy black and white dog seems to appear from nowhere. It launches itself at the horsemen without any apparent hesitation.

<Bad men! They want to hurt with their hand-thunder! Stop them now!>

Racing towards the mounted men, the beast leaps into the air towards one of the men.

ooc wrote:Improved Trip to take one off his horse. (1d20 +8=24)
Athletics vs targets acrobatics/dex. (1d20 +15=28)
then using fast grab to maintain a grip on his gun-wielding arm - dc16 (-5 on roll from improved hold)
will take one of them who hasn't been attacked yet at my initiative
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:14 am

Cassandra HP 1, condition Irate

Cass was looking forward to that bed. Yes she was. Unfortunantly, some bandits with less sense than a broody chicken said otherwise. And this sorta siteation always put her outta sorts.

The girl shook her head. "Ya'll cussed varmits just had to make me miss mah date with a pint, some grub an warm bed dincha?" She remarked to herself as a heavy black Colt pistol etched with odd silvery designs filled her hands, almost as if she summoned it. "US MARSHAL YA SIDEWINDIN' VARMITS, STOP!" she bellowed as she let loose with the fury of Heaven.


ooc
Alternate Deadeye Aim: Blast 7 (ballistic, peircing, Dimensional any 3, Insubstantial full 2, Homing attack 2, DC 23)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719562/ 18 attacking the banditoes

initative
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719565/ 15
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 am

Stalks-from-Shadow
HP 1
Cond: I`ve been better.

Awake from a restful sleep - those came so rarely these days - Stalks-from-Shadow adjusted her hat and reached behind her back to the special sheath that held her klaive. It`s weight was comfortable and reassuring, but gripping the hilt even more so.

Her path was clear, with the practised ease of someone accustomed to walking, she set off. Gaia would be her guide, and the Wyrm would get the message she was to deliver.

"I hear you, Great Owl, and your message will be delivered."
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 am

Wanekia
HP: 1
Status: Fine


The traveling woman saw the dog jump at the bandits, and the lawbringer draw weapons and fire. The horses were thundering towards her, intent on no good. It seemed only right she'd thunder back.

Drawing her horse to a halt, she whistled low and long, and the wind began to whip up to push against those who were trying to flee.

1d20+1=11 Initiative

Wrath of the Spirits: Wind Blast: Move Object 8 [Cone Area; Lmited to away]
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 am

Brimstone
HP-1
Condition-Slightly inebriated


When the shot rings out, Bill jumps noticeably in his saddle, and flings aside the now empty bottle of whiskey he'd been nursing since his last stop in that little mining camp fifteen miles back east.Effortlessly dismounting, he shifted his shoulder down and slung the guitar hanging on his back into his capable hands. He takes note of others springing to action but seems content to stare down the bandit riders as their horse's hooves thunder towards him. Running his fingers over his strings in preparation he glances at his own horse.
" You'd best run on gal. I believe I'll hafta shake 'em on down."
A wailing sound springs forth from the man and his instrument in an unearthly display as he attempts to bring the Banditos to a halt.
Something that sounds like this.( His guitar isn't of the electric type obviously, but this is the gist of what he plays)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64T6ugyWXAA

Hellish Power-Alt: The Blues : affliction 7 [Dazed, Defenseless, Paralyzed, Resisted by will; Cumulative, Perception Range; distracting, sense dependent ] DC 17
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Honesty
HP 1, L: 3
Condition: Fine

Init: 1d20+0=9


A gangly kid gets tossed out of a doorway, rolls end over end, flop flop flops, groans.

"And stay out you no good thievin' varmit!"

"But Daddy, I love him!"

"What about my hat?!"

A few stomping sounds are heard in the background, followed by a very flat hat...

Now, this wouldn't be that odd of a scene in front of a saloon. But this is in front of the bakery.

The scrawny man stands up, wipes his blue stained mount with the back of his sleeve.. and then turns around, to see the banditos running him down. "Eeeek! Bandits!" the man screams, a sound that a little girl would still be called a sissy for.

Its followed soon by a huge grin, a twinkle in the eye, and a thump of the flat hat being put back onto his head. "ooooh, bandits."

The odd man doesn't even bother getting out of the way, but starts wiggling his hands at each side, looking up at the varmints.

Suddenly, the sounds of rifle shots start from every direction, all of them pointed down towards the banditos.

move action: Daze: deception: 1d20+37=38
Sorry about that, misread mimicry, 'only' a 28.


The man's hands continue to twist.. as the buckles on the horses start to come undone without the bandits noticing..

"Sneak thief" move object 1, perception range, precise, subtle (5 pp)
Going to be targetting the bellystrap of the leader's horse and moving outwards.
Last edited by Spectrum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Bandit's Iniative1d20=15

Stalks-From-Shadows 22
Dog 17
Cassandra 15
Bandits15
Wanekia 11
Honesty 9
Brimstone 5


Bandit 1Tripped 1d20+1=10 Prone, Grabbed1d20+3-5=8 Immobile and Vulnerable
Bandit 2Toughness 1d20+1=19

Bandit Attacks
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722398/]
Bandit 3On Cassandra1d20+3=21, Hit DC 18
Bandit 4On Brimstone 1d20+3=20, Hits DC 18
Bandit 5On Honesty 1d20+3=9, Miss
Bandit 6On Wynonna 1d20+3=14, Miss
Bandit 7Cassandra 1d20+3=7 Miss[/url]

Bandit 1 attempt to escape grab1d20+3-5=1


url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722436/]Will save for Brimstone's blues1d20=11 Defenseless[/url]



Dog gets under the feet of a horse causing it to rear up, as soon as the rider is thrown, he seizes his gun arm in his mouth with a savage jerk of his head. “Get off of me,” the man screams. Meanwhile with a quick shot, Cassandra quickly knocks a bandit from his horse. Still breathing, but just barely this is one bandit that won't be putting up a fight anytime soon. The remaining bandits panic and try to ride out of town as fast as they can with the gold, shooting at anyone in their way. Cassandra takes a shot in the arm and a bullet hits Brimstone just narrowly missing his hand. The bandit with his arm caught in Dog's mouth hits upside the head to no avail. Several more shots fail to hit their target Out of nowhere a huge gale of wind blows pushing up dust and sediment while pushing the bandits and Dog with it within moments they'll be back at the bank they started from. Suddenly, the sounds of shots fill the air and the bandits lose control, two dive off their horses and another is unseated off when his saddle mysteriously comes unbelted. The bandit that shot Brimstone suddenly finds himself carried away by the music and starts absentmindedly humming along.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 am

Cassandra white HP 1, Condition bruised 1

Cassandra grunts as the bullet impacts her, but somehow doesn't penetrate, the Lord's good graces preventing any real damage, but it does make her left shoulder go numb, she wriggled her fingers, good nuthin broken or gushin, just bruised bad. It'd leave a mark in the morning fer sure. she thought judiciously and nodded to herself as more unnaturalnness winged it's way towards the banditoes. Looks like some folks didn't take too kindly to bandits. Well good.

"US MARSHAL YA VARMITS. CEASE AN DEESIST YA'LLS ONRY BEHAVYAH AFORN AH GETS MAD!" she bellowed once again as leveled Heaven towards the banditoes. "WHEN AH SAY US MARSHAL YA DROP TO THA GROUND, THE EASY WAY OR THA PERMANENT WAY YA SIDEWINDAHS!"


ooc
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722549/ 14 Toughness that's a bruise (I accidently did it for 8, so I subtracted one point)

attacking whatever banditoes are still looking like they want to fight. If not, she'll hold the action
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722557/ 17 Uncanny Shootin: Blast 7 (ballistic, peircing, Multi-Attack, DC 23)
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 am

Dog
HP - 1
Condition - threatening

The dog's amber eyes lock with the bandit's as a deep, thundering growl erupts from the dog's chest.

ooc wrote:using skill mastery: intimidation to demoralize. roll = 25.


Then, eyes still locked, the dog shakes the gunman like a terrier shaking a rat.

ooc wrote: doing str damage to grappled opponent - dc 21 (possibly modified by demoralize). don't want to hurt him too seriously, but not over worried about a broken arm if roll goes that way...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby bi0philia » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 am

Brimstone
HP-1
Condition-Offended


Toughness 1d20+10=23


Brimstone takes a shot to the arm and doesn't even wince." You could've hit Delaney, you bastards." He gives the guitar a quick glance to assure there was no harm before pulling his gun from it's holster and leveling it at his humming fan and unleashing a hellish red bullet from it's barrel.
" The deepest pits of hell are reserved for those who try to destroy art!!!" He calls out furiously.
quick draw to pull the gun/Attack 1d20+5=24
User avatar
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Stalks-from-Shadow/ Erica Clayton
HP 1
Cond: I`ve been better.
Init 22

Stalks-from-Shadow noted the men leave the building, but did note any real Wyrm taint surrounding them so her initial reaction was to ignore them. Quite honestly, she could care less about bandits. Especially the way she was feeling after that last Wyrm thingie tried to make werewolf paste out of her.

As she adjusted her hat and started to make her way out of the way, she noticed the owl perched atop the bank. No clearer omen could be given. She needed to intervene. Whether the bandits themselves were important or the people moving in didn't matter. She'd find out soon enough.

The Marshall's presence unsettled her a little, but she took it in stride. Owl had a need for her and would make it clear in his time.

"Don't you fools know better than to take things that don' belong to you?" She muttered softly, calling upon the full might of her human heritage, Shadow pushed the brim of her hat up and focused on the horses, hoping to spook them into dropping their riders.

OOC wrote:You suggested I post two actions to speed up the pace.

The first "held" action will be to use Scent of Man. Essentially to get the horses to bolt in the opposit direction from her.

The horses (or their riders, depending on how you want to rule this) will need to make a DC 22 Will save or be forced to bolt the other way.

Her second action will be reserved if any one gets thrown from their horse and tries to get passed her - she'll deck the.
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:51 pm

[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724674/] Horses Saves
1d20=12,
1d20=15,
1d20=9,
1d20=3,
1d20=7,
1d20=18,
1d20=8[/url]

4 riders are already off their horses so I'm ruling the one that made the dc save was one that had already thrown its rider.

dc would be 17 not 22 affliction is dc 10+effect rank


As Wynonna concentrates she begins emitting a strong odor undetectable to normal humans. At the smell the horses rear up and bolt in the opposite direction. The few bandits that were left on their horses are completely thrown off. Confused by the sounds of gunshots the bandits still conscious are confused and disoriented.

Need a dc 17 will save from Dog
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am

Dog
HP - 1
Condition -

ooc wrote:sigh.
Will vs dc 17 (1d20 +6=8)
looks like the dog is going to head away from the area. dragging my bandit with me, though...


The big dog looks alarmed as he sniffs at the air. Suddenly he begins running, fleeing the area, the bandit he has a grip on bumping along the ground behind him.
Last edited by timothy on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Deadlands IC Ch 1 The first step of the long trail

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 am

Honesty

Honestly simply grinned as he looked around. With a twitch of his hips (if he had a tail it would be wagging a mile a minute), he started to move back off of the street and somewhere nice and convenient where he could watch.

His fingers continued to dance though, as he 'reached' out and started dropping the trousers of the banditos. He let out a soft whine as he looked at the 'heroes' surrounding them though, the temptation to trick them was strong, so very strong, but now was not the right time.. yet.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Next

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crazyivan777, Gholam, jemal, The_Watchman and 2 guests