Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The League of Extraordinary Persons (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (OOC)

Postby roguescribner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I don't really see that as a morph ability. It's disguise (via deception). The question, then, is do we say he can disguise himself instantly without benefit of different clothes, etc.? I'll allow it with the caveat that if you try to impersonate a person someone knows well the difficulty will increase, no matter how good your skill check is. So this would work best in impromptu blending situations but it won't be as effective in close quarters with people who would know better (which I think fits what's been established).

Sound fair?
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Well...
The rules indicate a Disguise normally takes about 10 minutes to put together. You also don't have any props. However... this is sort of "what the Goblin King does" kind of ability, and I don't want your character to not be able to do the kind of stuff he was designed to do.

So... if you use your Illusion Power attached to your Spheres, you can conjure props, and bypass the need to prep. Normally, each of "no props" and "no prep" would give you a -5 Penalty (total -10). As it happens, Jareth can still pull that off with a bonus, even if he doesn't use Illusions.

In the future, you might want to add: Master of Disguise Quickness 6 (Limited to Disguise), Improvised Tools (limited to Disguise) [2pp]

You could also Power Stunt a Morph off of your Illusion, or even your Barn Owl form... but that will cost you a Hero Point.

It does occur to me that Jareth is having another Complication. He doesn't entirely know what things are. He recognizes that the guys in black are warriors (which, by the way, means they're not like Mall Cops, they're full fledged combatants). But... he couldn't say "oh, they look like SWAT, they look like Mercs," etc. He recognizes that they are carrying weapons, but he's not really sure what the difference between a rifle, a shotgun, an AK47, etc. are.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh, they're a SWAT team?

I thought I was dealing with ninjas or something!
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 am

Yeeeeep.

I'm an idiot.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:28 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:Man, Jennifer Connelly is so pretty.

I know, right? :D
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 am

Um... for the disguise thing... what about Quick Change 2 (it's a Feature in 3e) in the mix?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:51 am

re: Quickchange
Point wise it would be the same, and I guess it would have the same effect, it would just be less descriptive of what he's trying to pull off.

re:Jennifer Connelly
Also remember that this is 2001, so knock a decade off. Yum!

@Dreamking
For your Barn Owl, I'd drop the visual tracking, and add the Comprehend 1 (understand only, with the activation quirk).
You'll probably want to roll initiative.

Your Goblins have the Active Extra, so they aren't Dazed.

@Ryan D.
Given your cut-scene flashback, I'll gift you a free, successful Assessment of Sagat.
He's stronger and tougher than you are. He is a much more experienced fighter than you are, and he has all the "super martial arts" bells and whistles that you have. The bookies in Vegas are probably calling this one at 16:1 against you.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:26 am

My Barn Owl form has been edited. As is Jareth's build to include Quick Change.

A quick question about his Move Object. Since it has the Subtle and Precise Extra, would I be able to get one of the mercs to swing their gun around and 'shoot' one of their allies?
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am

That would be technically possible. I think it would be rather difficult, though. You don't have enough umph to actually move a whole person, so you'd need to catch them facing the right way, just nudging their weapon and squeezing the trigger alone won't cut it. These guys are a professional team; as a rule they don't place each other in friendly fire situations... I'd probably impose a penalty on the attempt. You'd be rolling Power Rank (1) less the penalty.

You don't have any specific "skill" to use your Move Object, and I've only recently thought of it as an Attack Power. In a situation where you're not specifically in combat with someone I wouldn't require a roll, when you are you'd need to make a ranged combat.

What are you hoping your goblin will do as a distraction?

Edit:
As for the Quick Change... I think I would like you to leave Jareth's sheet alone for now. We've made a lot of changes to that character, and just when I thought it was "right" is not the time to go changing stuff again. Quick Change, etc. will be stuff you want to pick up with awarded PP later.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Lord Fell wrote:
@Ryan D.
Given your cut-scene flashback, I'll gift you a free, successful Assessment of Sagat.
He's stronger and tougher than you are. He is a much more experienced fighter than you are, and he has all the "super martial arts" bells and whistles that you have. The bookies in Vegas are probably calling this one at 16:1 against you.

Well, it was a fun game while it lasted. :D
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Remember... a sucking chest wound is the GM's way of telling you to slow down.

Speaking of slowing down...
@Dreamking!
I'm gonna go ahead and post an action for your goblin tomorrow. You have maybe 18 hours to offer me a suggestion as to what it's going to do.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 am

Sorry, I've been pretty busy. I got a lot of papers due for class and stuff. I kinda forgot that the Goblin was going so early. :|

Do you want me to do the Goblin's action instead?
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am

You don't have direct control over him... but you've scored enough Persuasion that he's feeling Helpful. You told him you wanted a distraction, so that's what I was going to post for him either way... but if you have a specific idea, he'll do roughly what you want, with varying degrees of success.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 am

13 hour tech/dress rehearsal. Two performances tomorrow (actually later today). I am whupped!
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 am

Oh, that's fine then.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room